• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kids On the Slope/Sakamichi no Apollon

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
This is a new noitaminA series based on a manga of the same name.

Has nice animation and is a bit of slice of life-esque, while also involving music and coming of age.

Fun fact it is based in the 1960s'

Is anyone watching also?

Trailer: [video=youtube;nzY6Y-AHEaw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzY6Y-AHEaw[/video]

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
This finally started?! Oh Hell yes, I'm going to watch the first episode right away!

Yes it has.

Even if I did not care for the plot, which is thankfully not the case, I'd still watch, as I make a habit of watching everything under the noitaminA-branding/block, as the subjects are excellent and the animation is top notch(usually)>

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
I'll give you my opinion of it in about 30 mins when I've watched the first episode.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Yes it has.

Even if I did not care for the plot, which is thankfully not the case, I'd still watch, as I make a habit of watching everything under the noitaminA-branding/block, as the subjects are excellent and the animation is top notch(usually)>

I'm watching because Yoko Kanno and Shinchiro Wantanabe.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Okay so that was goddam flawless. I think we've found something to rival KyoAni's show this season.

First of all, the OP was fantastic. Definitely something I will grow to love even more with each week, and will end up on my iPod. Secondly, the animation is incredible. It's got every bit of quality Another had, with back ground students always doing something and other details, except they look way more like real humans. And with INCREDIBLE SHADING. Did you see the scar on Sentaro's face?! The fact they are doing that sort of shading constantly, with fluent, non-awkward animations is astounding. That character designs are great, I already feel attached to the characters and care about what happens to them. The music is well done as they really have a feel for animating people making music. They way they did Kaoru's wrist while he played the piano and Sentaro's body while he was on the drums was spot-on. I also loved how the ending explains the title of the show without being incredibly obvious about it.

I was smiling practically the entire time while watching this and I can't wait for more.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Okay so that was goddam flawless. I think we've found something to rival KyoAni's show this season.

First of all, the OP was fantastic. Definitely something I will grow to love even more with each week, and will end up on my iPod. Secondly, the animation is incredible. It's got every bit of quality Another had, with back ground students always doing something and other details, except they look way more like real humans. And with INCREDIBLE SHADING. Did you see the scar on Sentaro's face?! The fact they are doing that sort of shading constantly, with fluent, non-awkward animations is astounding. That character designs are great, I already feel attached to the characters and care about what happens to them. The music is well done as they really have a feel for animating people making music. They way they did Kaoru's wrist while he played the piano and Sentaro's body while he was on the drums was spot-on. I also loved how the ending explains the title of the show without being incredibly obvious about it.

I was smiling practically the entire time while watching this and I can't wait for more.

I actually enjoyed the first episode of Uchuu Kyoudai more than I did this, the second episode will have to be pretty damn good to make me rank it above Uchuu Kyoudai considering it's second episode just made me love the show more, both this and Uchuu Kyoudai will have to be pretty damn flawless the entire way through if they hope to get past my blind KyoAni fanboyism.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I actually enjoyed the first episode of Uchuu Kyoudai more than I did this, the second episode will have to be pretty damn good to make me rank it above Uchuu Kyoudai considering it's second episode just made me love the show more, both this and Uchuu Kyoudai will have to be pretty damn flawless the entire way through if they hope to get past my blind KyoAni fanboyism.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that show. I should try it out then?

Taichi

I read the first six chapters a few weeks ago. Glad to hear the anime has finally started it's first episode. I hope this becomes to jazz what Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad was for Rock and Roll. Gotta love a good manga/anime with a musical influence.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
[img139]http://oi40.*******.com/34o6ahc.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://oi39.*******.com/34nruac.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://oi42.*******.com/24zvcki.jpg[/img139]

Words cannot express how much I love those walk/run cycles and how incredible I find that drumming animation to be.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Words cannot express how much I love those walk/run cycles and how incredible I find that drumming animation to be.

The drumming scene was amazing, if they can keep that kind of quality throughout the series, and if the first episode it anything to go by they will, it will definitely be one of my favourites this year.
Though nothing will beat Little Busters! if it airs this year, which it hopefully will.

YES. I'm so glad this didn't disappoint.

I'm watching because Yoko Kanno and Shinchiro Wantanabe.

I gotta be honest, I decided to watch it because I need a Josei fix after Chihayafuru ending

Both of these things apply to me. Although I'll admit it really is the former that makes it automatically unmissable.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that show. I should try it out then?

Oh, hell yes you should. It's fantastic.

[img139]http://oi40.*******.com/34o6ahc.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://oi39.*******.com/34nruac.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://oi42.*******.com/24zvcki.jpg[/img139]

Kaoru is the ultimate pimp in that scene. Not since the Station Guard in LEGO Harry Potter have such high levels of swag been achieved. And that drumming was just... unbelievable.

TehLulzMastur

As somebody who's not very good at reviewing fiction, I'll just say this; I loved every single second of it. While everybody seems to like Sentarou, who I think is pretty interesting, I'm really relating to Kaoru. Not that I'm calling myself smart, but that I was a huge outcast in school. He'll be a very interesting character to watch grow. One thing I didn't really like was Riko. I'm sure she'll eventually start to become interesting, but at the moment she's just a boring love interest for Karou. I really hope she develops as a character, as all the other characters are very intriguing.

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
I was uneasy about this because I have mixed feelings about jazz, but I decided to try the first two episodes anyway. I played the piano quite a bit a few years ago, so I'm pretty interested in Kaoru's story, but his relationship with Sentarou is the real highlight for me. The show's got a really nice relaxing atmosphere that I'm not getting from any of the other shows I've picked up this season, so I reckon I'll stick with it.