• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

KidsWB Skipping Link-Dump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
WILL YOU GIVE IT A REST

You do not know if they will air them or not so enough with the absolute that they wont

PDL

disenchanted
we only know KidsWB schedule for the next two weeks for sure IIRC

maybe they'll air it right after ^^;

in the mean time... please stop panicing like chicken little... it's only scaring children and annoying everyone else

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
PDL said:
we only know KidsWB schedule for the next two weeks for sure IIRC

maybe they'll air it right after ^^;

in the mean time... please stop panicing like chicken little... it's only scaring children and annoying everyone else

Actually Toonzone has the schedule for all of February. KidsWb is going straight into the Grand Festival for the rest of February. Airing a Hoenn Contest after the GF is done makes absolutely no sense, so I doubt they'll air it at all at this rate.

Anyway the only title out of this batch that I liked was "Deceit and Assist". The others were OK for the most part.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
CyberCubed said:
Nice to see 4kids actually have a spine unlike KidsWB. Too bad we'll never get to see these episodes on TV though, thanks to those scumbags.

You guys in the UK are lucky.

CyberCubed, the only real reason you hate Kids WB for skipping these episodes is because they star May (your favorite character). Of course, I haven't been watching the shows recently, so I don't care much. ^^; Not to mention the only thing I like about the contests is the cool move combos. I just like normal battling better. [SPOIL]Of course, Harley is the only other thing I like about the contests. [/SPOIL] But I agree with the UK guys being lucky.

Back on topic.....
I think they should have kept Masamune's name. He looks Japanese. LOL.

Last edited:

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
True. To me, though, May is sorta just a background character. I mean, she's just there.
oh well i'll respet your opinion but, IMO and according to the people who created the show she is the co-star of AG not like Brock, Max and Misty. Heck May's storyline is more complex and interesting after watching Ash get 19 badges from before this saga.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
T Lord said:
True. To me, though, May is sorta just a background character. I mean, she's just there.

Uh-huh, this is why she's been in constant spotlight since she was introduced.

And I am royally ****** about the episodes not just because May is the star of them, but because they are IMPORTANT. If they were fillers I may not have minded so much, but the Donphan episode has an insane level of character development for Ash, May and Max, and the Contests are automatically important.

It creates major plot holes in a 100+ episode long story arc.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Misty was more well developed as a character than May.

And the Donphan Ep IS a filler.

T Lord said:

Please don't try to start a flame war.

The Donphan episode might have been a filler, but it was one of the best :p

V Faction

www.faction.com
Odd. I don't quite recall people making a big thing out of the Donphan episode when it aired in Japan. Do things get better with age or am I missing something here? =P

EDIT: Ah, well, I take that back. Snorunt's Ice Beam kicked in here. Still, let's not get in over our heads.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
It's not just that, but there's the Ash/May/Max stuff which gives all 3 of them some character development. I was so dying to see that scene too.

Plus May takes out Team Rocket in that episode with all 4 of her Pokemon. How cool is that?

PDL

disenchanted
you know, maybe these episodes are being skipped right now because they want to air both contest episodes on the same saturday...

of course, if they would have to move episodes around to make it neat... and they have to compensate for that clip episode and make it so that the Grand Festival is aired uninterupted as well.

so KidsWB may have their reasons other then just "being retarded"...

Manene!

"Less Is Morrison"

I bet they picked that name just to use that title. XD

They should of called him Masamune or Mason. Bit, I think we are all damned to "Rrison's" for Ash's rivals.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
PDL said:
you know, maybe these episodes are being skipped right now because they want to air both contest episodes on the same saturday...

of course, if they would have to move episodes around to make it neat... and they have to compensate for that clip episode and make it so that the Grand Festival is aired uninterupted as well.

so KidsWB may have their reasons other then just "being retarded"...

Maybe, but this is the schedule Toonzone received from KidsWB:

February 4th:
820: Showdown at Linoone
821: Who, What, When, Where, Wynaut?

February 11th:
825: Berry, Berry Interesting
826: Less is Morrison

February 18th:
827: The Ribbon Cup Caper
828: Hi Ho Silver Wind!

February 25th:
829: Deciet and Assist
830: Rhapsody and Drew

As you can see, they're airing the Grand Festival this month. So unless on the first Saturday of March they magically go back and remember they skipped the Donphan and final contest episodes, I don't think they'll air for awhile.

Why they would air the Grand Festival before the final contest is mind boggling anyway, but I'd rather these episodes air then not air at all, even if the continuity will be screwed. :/

V Faction

www.faction.com
CyberCubed said:
It's not just that, but there's the Ash/May/Max stuff which gives all 3 of them some character development. I was so dying to see that scene too.

Plus May takes out Team Rocket in that episode with all 4 of her Pokemon. How cool is that?
It IS just that. For some of us.

But as others have pointed out, you had your heart set on that (and on May), so it's no wonder you'd be as upset as you are.

Momoko Lover

Hop, Skip, Jump!!!
T Lord said:

I don't think the episode can really be considered a filler, since there's lot of character development like Cybercubed said, and plus I think Chimecho learns Astonish in this episode, or whatever attack it learns in this episode.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Astonish. Not necessarily learned, just used in a different way (instead of looking like Screech it looks like Scary Face now).

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
V Faction said:
It IS just that. For some of us.

But as others have pointed out, you had your heart set on that (and on May), so it's no wonder you'd be as upset as you are.

Let me put it this way, anyone with a heart who cares about story progression and character development should be upset that these episodes have been skipped, and are currently not scheduled to be shown anytime soon.

The Donphan episode was more than just about silly Donphan using Roll Out and Snorunt using Ice beam.

It was the pivotal moment for May's stance on her Contest quest, her brother Max, her promise to her mother Caroline, the Ash/May mentor/student dynamic, and in general added a substantial layer of depth to May's character in particular.

Sure, as a major May fan I'm more pissed than I would be had these episodes been about any non-Ash character, (I'd be hella pissed if they skipped a Gym battle too for example), but the point still stands.

It is sickening and degrading to the viewers. Not only because of the major plot hole of May's 5th ribbon and gutting the climax of a 100+ episode story arc, but also for violently raping characters of their character development. This is NOT ok in my books.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Here, here. I might not care for the contest but I do care for continuity. To skip a contest is unforgivable. I don't care what Serebii says, this is unprecedented. This is more than shuffling a few stray filler (not to mention "Holiday Hi-Jynx" and "Snow Way Out" could be justified as holiday specials). This is skipping over an event that has impacts on the following episodes. KidsWB is insulting our intellegence if they think we won't notice.

Not mention this is all to bring that fat slob to us faster (and I'm not talking about the red head with the Beldum).

Or, even worse, to protect the little kiddies from the evil Jynx. Just because one bigot (that woman was a total bigot, just read her comments on Jynx and you'll see the hatred and racism that flows through her words) ironically called Jynx a racist stereotype, KidsWB will not show an episode with a Jynx with any major roll.

As for the titles, they're all the basic 4Kids puns, nothing special.

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
"Violently raping"? What the hell?

It was a good episode and a pivotal moment for May, etc., but let's not go nuts. Most viewers are not going to feel violated if they don't get to see the Donphan ep.

Status
Not open for further replies.