• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

KidsWB Skipping Link-Dump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poké_Master

Indigo Champion
I'm violated! I really want to see those episodes and the gap in continuity may make me stop watching!

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
CyberCubed said:
Let me put it this way, anyone with a heart who cares about story progression and character development should be upset that these episodes have been skipped, and are currently not scheduled to be shown anytime soon.

The Donphan episode was more than just about silly Donphan using Roll Out and Snorunt using Ice beam.

It was the pivotal moment for May's stance on her Contest quest, her brother Max, her promise to her mother Caroline, the Ash/May mentor/student dynamic, and in general added a substantial layer of depth to May's character in particular.

Sure, as a major May fan I'm more pissed than I would be had these episodes been about any non-Ash character, (I'd be hella pissed if they skipped a Gym battle too for example), but the point still stands.

It is sickening and degrading to the viewers. Not only because of the major plot hole of May's 5th ribbon and gutting the climax of a 100+ episode story arc, but also for violently raping characters of their character development. This is NOT ok in my books.

I care about story and character development as much as the next guy (well, around here, I actually care about it a hell of a lot more than the next guy). However, I don't care about the dub, so it's no skin off my nose. The Japanese got it right, and the Americans got it wrong. What else is new?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Jo-Jo said:
"Violently raping"? What the hell?

It was a good episode and a pivotal moment for May, etc., but let's not go nuts. Most viewers are not going to feel violated if they don't get to see the Donphan ep.

That's because a lot of people, like V Faction in particular, don't really remember what actually happened in the episode.

The first thing that comes to mind is, "Oh a bunch of Donphan use Roll Out in their mating rituals and Snorunt practices Ice beam."

And so they think it's a pointless filler and ignore it, not knowing/remembering about all the Ash/May/Max stuff in that episode.

Instead, May has been stabbed in the back and is degraded into being a token female character who cares more about her Contests than her darling brother.

It's just repulsive. And the Donphan episode shouldn't have been skipped anyway since Jynx doesn't even appear in that ep.

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
So...... May is a horrible token female character who doesn't care about her brother in every single episode up until the Donphan ep, but in that one special ep, she suddenly turns into a wonderful person who loves her brother? And anyone who doesn't get to see this pivotal ep will never realise this, and instead continue to think of her as a horrible uncaring token female? Sorry, but that's ridiculous. I never saw the ep and was largely unaware of what happened in it until very recently, yet strangely I never had a problem figuring out that May was a nice person who probably cared more about Max than about personal glory.

Last edited:

V Faction

www.faction.com
Please don't place words into my mouth.

I miss episodes. I miss them all the time. I either miss them by mistake or because I have other duties. Things like that happen. These will simply be more missed episodes. It is NOT something to get worked up on.

Listen to Jesse. Despite his lopsided view on the dub, he posts a very true point. CyberCubed, you know what happens in the episode. Not seeing it in English at that very point in time is not going to affect ANY form of continuity, emotion, character development, or plot. All of that is retained because you have studied these events so closely. You know the outcome. The episode has already happened.

I don't believe what I'm trying to describe will make much sense. I don't believe you are ever going to come to grips with what has occured. But, despite any of that, I calmly ask for you to chill out in the smoothest possible sense.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Unless you have seen the Japanese versions of the episodes, however, simple summaries and even screencaps cannot convey the entire episode. Take the Ralts episode, for example. You cannot fathom the amount of emotion in the episode simply by looking at the main site's pics. From those, it seems like a mere filler with no point or soul. True, we have an advantage over typical viewers in knowing what has truly happened, but we are still unable to experience it.

For me, it isn't the end of the world because I was finally hoping to see the Red Gyarados arc for the first time on CN last weekend, only to discover at the last second that Pokemon has been taken off its schedule completely. Yes, it pisses me off. Big whoop.

(We should really dedicate a separate thread to this, with assurance that it will not be locked, of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.