• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kill la Kill

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
HOLY **** ON A **** SANDWICH

I don't care what anyone says, this show is just pulling one thing after another out of thin air and it is AWESOME. Inumuta sadly didn't last long, but what was on-screen was still great. Even then, it happened so we could have a two-for-one deal with Jakuzure having her place in the limelight (finally, I've always wanted to know her better) and she is proving to be even more awesome. Her Goku Uniform is definitely my favorite (the classical music helped a lot, even though the actual soundtrack is fantastic), it was so great to look at. BUT THAT CLIFFHANGER HNNNNNNNNNG

Senketsu, Ryuko, continue being reckless. I love you two for that.

Also, Satsuki was so freaking adorable as a kid.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Good episode, I guess

Loved the second battle more than the first

Deicario

I believe I can fly.
The first battle was fairly disappointing, though I do think it was the right decision to not simply do 1 battle per episode.
The battle against Jakuzure, though, was fantastic. Those freaking clarinet missiles! I shall certainly tune in next episode to see the conclusion of that fight.
All these extra players (Eyepatch girl, motorbike man) mean the tournament isn't going to be as straightforward as I assumed, which is great.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
HOLY SHIT CHARIZARD CHAMPION #06 YOU WERE RIGHT OH MY GOD IT’S THE END OF EVERYTHING unless it was just a bluff we're only halfway in OH MY GOD RYUKO’S PIIIIIISSED THAT FACE WE'RE ALL SCREWED OR SOMETHING

This was awesome, I loved every moment of this from the sound to visuals to pacing to everything. Jakuzure was awesome in this, I loved the encore. That was also probably the best jaw drop "GASP" gag I've seen, lulz. Keep being yourself, Mako, you're so loveable.

I can barely wait another week with that extreme cliffhanger. This is just amazing, I'm not sure if my body can take it all in at this rate.

Last edited:

hawkeye721

なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!
I was shaking throughout the entire episode, it was amazing

To be honest, I don't think she did it, I just think sh'es trying to get ryuuko mad

Last edited:

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
!!!!!!!!!

THE REAL KILL LA KILL STARTS HERE

Before was just playing around. Now we're finally getting to the story the Kill la Kill will tell. I'm excited.

First off, great ending to the Nonon fight. Dat Ryukobutt. Dat Nononbutt. DAT MOMENT WHEN SANBIKA IS FIGHTING BEETHOVEN.

Important stuff though. Mohawk's got what looks like a Life Fiber bullet and I'm pretty sure it's for Ryuko in case things get out of hand.

Loving the peanut gallery. Mako has the best chemistry will all over them. Heck, the Elite Four are all so great. Dare I say it, they're even better than the ones in Gurren Lagann.

SATSUKI'S MAMA. HER CUTE SECRETARY. SUPER POWERED LOLITA GIRL. THIS IS IT.

Then Nui obliterates the fourth wall, funny stuff. Then Sanageyama, big shock.

Dat ending though. Holy ****. It's finally happening.

Recon

So I'm in a group that watches anime on Friday nights and this is one of them.

At the end of the last episode, our jaws were hanging in disbelief and we just exploded.

SWEET JEZEBEL WHAT A PLOT TWIST! MY GOD! I think one of our group members fainted.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
Something tells me Ryuuuko and Satsuki-sama will become antagonistic friends ala Goku/Vegeta and team up vs Satsuki-mama and the organization.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
OH DEAR GOD THAT WAS FREAKING HORRIFYING ALL THE NIGHTMARES NO SLEEP TONIGHT

That was awesome to see, but all of the terrifying things that went on... I'm really and truly speechless by all of this. Tsumugu was probably thinking the entire time, "I told you, girl, but you wouldn't listen." I figured we'd see that nightmarish depiction, but not so soon. And I didn't think it would look anything like... that.

Mako is the adorable hero of the day. For she's a jolly-good fellow, for she's a jolly-good fellow...

Seriously, Thursdays can never come soon enough. Bravo, Trigger, bravo.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Oh, god. I got serious Evangelion reminders from when Senketsu transformed. That was some nightmare fuel right there

Seriously, all I expected from this episode was one of them winning. Not this. Hopefully it gets better

petalferrous

It has...hair?
Pretty much going to copy the comment I made on Danbooru about episode 12: [spoil]Have to say, I love Mako as much as the next person, but she just had to step in when everything was about to go to hell, didn't she? I was kind of hoping that this episode would spell the end of Hounnoji Academy and the beginning of a new direction for the series, what with the resolution of the main mystery, the destruction of the academy building, the dethroning of the E4, the full introduction of Ragyo and Nui, etc., and not just what basically amounts to a return to the status quo... I'm sure that Satsuki has the manpower to rebuild Hounnoji in a week, but it seems like a waste of narrative energy, and while Ryuuko looks depressed in the preview for next week I fear it'll amount to "more training" and not some serious character development.[/spoil]

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Pretty much going to copy the comment I made on Danbooru about episode 12: [spoil]Have to say, I love Mako as much as the next person, but she just had to step in when everything was about to go to hell, didn't she? I was kind of hoping that this episode would spell the end of Hounnoji Academy and the beginning of a new direction for the series, what with the resolution of the main mystery, the destruction of the academy building, the dethroning of the E4, the full introduction of Ragyo and Nui, etc., and not just what basically amounts to a return to the status quo... I'm sure that Satsuki has the manpower to rebuild Hounnoji in a week, but it seems like a waste of narrative energy, and while Ryuuko looks depressed in the preview for next week I fear it'll amount to "more training" and not some serious character development.[/spoil]

Contrary to that, I think this is definitely going to be a new direction for the series. You saw the after-credits scene right? Satsuki's going after much more than just ruling Hounnoji Academy. Kill la Kill has been following Gurren Lagann's story setup pretty well so far and I think it's at the big turning point now. Timeskip? No, but we're most likely going to see some new areas and the big meat of the plot. I think.

TehSpiral

Terminally Chill
Two week break now...just when the plot is starting to really gain some steam, too. Nevertheless, still a great halfway point.

Deicario

I believe I can fly.
I loved this episode, as it just went in a completely different direction to what I initially presumed it would. It was great seeing Ryuko's dad in action, also.
Mako had some golden lines this episode: "People die when they get killed from blood loss".

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
OST is OUT. CHRISTMAS HAS COME EARLY.

*squees* I don't have money on me right now! Waiting to see if it'll sneak onto YouTube somehow! *squees*

*cries in corner for being a poor college student*

In the meantime, I'll just listen to the official upload (music video) of "Sirius" on YouTube.

I've been listening to the OST for this masterpiece since it's release. It's godlike

Ping pong, ping pong, ping pong circulate~

let's not forget the amazing lyrics to "Suck your blood"

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I've been listening to the OST for this masterpiece since it's release. It's godlike

Ping pong, ping pong, ping pong circulate~

let's not forget the amazing lyrics to "Suck your blood"

I found myself really liking Blumenkranz. There's a gem I don't think I've heard in the main series. And Ping Pong Circulate is great as well. Hell, I think it's harder for me to say to the ones I dislike