• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

+killme~ (OU RMT)

Ryuusei

the sakura trainer~
k I've been doing more battling on Shoddy lately so hence I decided to try something out.

Laugh at me whatever, this is a MONOTYPE team. I am asking for suggestions on movesets/EVs/etc not 'Get so and so Pokemon because Monoghosts suck'.

Spiritomb
Spirit @ Lefties
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP/140 ATK/116 SDef
- Pain Split
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

my lovely spiritomb~ she's the lovable lead of my team. Taunts BPers like Yanmega/Ninjask to force a switch if they don't have any moves. Sucker Punches leads like Alakazam/Azelf who specialsweep. Also, irritates walls like Forretress/Skarm and various SR/Spikes/TSpikes set-ups and begin Sucker Punching them. I do want to hear whether I should keep her as a lead, tweak her EVs a little or change her moveset. She dies pretty fast though, after KOing something.

Gengar
Shade @ Wide Lens
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SpA
- Focus Blast
- Hypnosis
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Gengar's so lovable, I have to include him in this team, duh. Hypnosis gets a nice boost with Wide Lens and allows me to put Pokes to sleep if I can't cope with them. Focus Blast deals with Blissey in a 3-4 hits but I'm wondering if I should change TBolt to something else since I do have TBolt on other Pokes but I'm keeping it in case of bulky waters I guess.

Dusknoir
Curse @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/172 DEF/84 SDef
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

This guy is love. Takes down steels like Magnezone and Skarmary. Ice Punch is for the Dragons and annoying pests like Roserade. This guy is slow though, so defensive seems the way to go. WoW is the status dealer, annoying a lot of Pokemon and Pain Split is to help in case some Pokemon comes in and decides to deal a whole lot of damage.

Mismagius
Illusion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SpA/4 SDef
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power (Fighting)
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

I love my Illusion to death! She managed to win a few matches when I was just down to her and my BPer only. HP (Fighting) deals with Dark Types as well as Rock Types while Energy Ball serves to do 4x dmg to Swampert and such. Shadow Ball for STAB and TBolt for coverage on electric types, etc. Still wondering on replacing TBolt though, I have 3 Pokes with TBolt on this team.

Drifblim
Sky @ Leftovers
Ability: Aftermath
Nature: Calm
EVs: 80 HP/176 Spd/252 SDef
- Baton Pass
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Hypnosis

whaaat? No offensive moves on my Drifblim? You gotta be kidding right? This guy really does the job efficiently for me. Sub, Hypnosis on stuff, Calm Mind up and Baton Pass away to my Illusion or Shade. I cannot believe how this guy saved me from a 4-0 match when my hypnosis + sub crippled his main counter to this guy and gave me chance to Calm Mind up and Baton Pass away to Mismagius and allow her to sweep the entire team with Energy Ball. I do like to hear what I could possibly change though =/.

Froslass
Yuki @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Cloak
Nature: Mild (may change to Lonely)
EVs: 204 ATK/192 Spd/112 SpA
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Wake-Up Slap

Mild allows me an even distribution in Attack and SpA, with 247 Atk and 246 SpA. Froslass hits a nice 456 in Speed to outspeed stuff like Weavile. Wake-Up Slap dishes nice damage to allow OHKOing of the likes of Weavile and 2HKOs of TTar. Froslass revengekills most of the time, especially the likes of the Dragons where she outspeeds them and quickly dishes out a nice KO and to the likes of Weavile and Honchkrow, who belive their dark attacks can decimate my team.

Alright, give me comments and help me with movesets and natures a little. Appreciate it a lot, thanks a bunch~~

Last edited:

UltimoVenusaur

DracoFist FTW
I guess you're lucky that Ninjask leads aren't very common, because Spiritomb has no chance of foiling one, even if you had an investment in speed. Ninjask would block your Taunt with a Sub and then it would be free to set up, negating your attempts at SPing.

Everything else looks OK to me, although I might not go mixed on Froslass and instead opt for ParaFusion and a max investment in Special Attack.

HotPocket

Lieks Mudkips
You should really take advantage of the fact that your team is all ghosts and give something some entry hazzards

spareux

maldición
Taunts BPers like Yanmega

If Yanmega is leading, it is most likely going to Hypnosis you.

Obviously you are not going to be able to solve problems like Metagross or Heatran with a monoghost team, but you may at least want to consider something with Restalk to take status better. Or, as the above poster said, some form of entry hazards, albeit the only thing I can think of that can has access to such a move would be Spikes Froslass.