• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kindergarten Chaos (816)

thetamale

Presumably Froakie is male, Attraction is rarely used by males, there was a Delcatty's Cute Charm in Sinnoh but it's usually a female thing. Would that be the first confirmed Kalos gender?

I thought it was a nice little filler, but the introduction of the Fairy type was a little underplayed. That subject could have made an episode itself but hey.

thetamale

I think they're saving that huge deal for the Gym Fight against Valerie...and that's until next year I think.

Plenty to look forward too. I've been surprised at how fast stuff if getting revealed, given there are only 69 non-event Pokemon - hopefully it's clearing introductions out of the way to allow for uninterrupted storytelling. I'm holding out for Team Flare getting a decent presence. It'd be nice if they don't restrict Kalos to the regional dexes this time around but there's plenty of diversity in them at least.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Not much I can say about this one other than that Phenelope was hot and I sure would have went with her assuming it wasn't to meet a bunch of little kids...

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I enjoyed this episode. It was fun to see Serena get jealous when Penelope said Ash would have to go with her.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
what makes you think ash's froakie would evolve, there is nothing confirming it or saying that it will evolve.
Ash has always evolved at least one starter for each generation at least once. Froakie ash's only starter.

Ash has always evolved at least one starter for each generation at least once. Froakie ash's only starter.

Just like his male Sceptile. However, I repeat, the anime writers REALLY MUST stop trolling us Pokémon fans by never letting Ash's Water-type starters to evolve, because this non-sense idiotness was supposed to be prevented by letting his Squirtle, Totodile and ABOVE ALL Oshawott evolving at least once out of twice. Now this madness they still are doing will never be tolerated again.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
the episode i think was a so-so though i prefer premier/ penelope's original voice - i think she has a sweeter personality in the english ( ends up calling ash sweetie compared to the original version)

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This was an ok episode. I didn't have anything worth mentioning except the fact that I would have found it more epic if Ash attacked TR as soon as they opened their truck instead of waiting for them to release their pokemon.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
I love the battle at the beginning, action packed and Sylveon just looked great but I didn't expect anything less from an awesome Pokémon. Even though Froakie lost, I think this reaffirms that he is going to be a great member of Ash's team and we are going to see him emerge into a great character.

I thought the episode was well done too. My only complaint is that I would have enjoyed more playtime before Team Rocket entered the fray, I personally think that we could have seen some more dialogue there but I can't complain overall because I enjoyed the episode very much.

Anyway, good episode. On to the next one!

Vernikova

Champion
Yeah, I thought that the opening battle was good. Other than that, the episode was quite dull. It was just a regular filler.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Given how Greninja gets spotlight in the upcoming Smash Bros. games, I wouldn't be surprised if we see Ash's evolve. For, y'know, more spotlight. :p I certainly wouldn't mind.

I found it silly for Serena to think Ash had "to go with Penelope" at the beginning if he lost the battle. Oh Serena, thinking your journey with Ash is going to end over a COTD.

Sylveon was pretty, and adorable. I definitely can't wait to see Valerie with her Sylveon.

Jessie's hair in her disguise reminded me of the pig tails hair style in the game. Nifty.

zhixun

More indications on Serena's romantic crush. What the heck seriously... I do like that they have this sort of thing going, but Ash and Serena also have only 10 years! And we all know Serena is going to disappear come next generation! So why are they making us full of hope? ;I

May be the writers want to keep Serena for the next generation considering her slow development during XY.

I like Keromatsu's character and surely he could not believe to lost the match against Nymphia this way and he think it is not fair.

Poor episode: not the worst I've seen, but not good at all.

Feels like your standard filler episode, but not with much substance to back it up.

Premier/Penelope's English voice is very grating and irritating (even for TPCi's dub, and believe me, that's really saying something), as is the character herself in any Language. Team Rocket was pointless as always, Ash was okay but didn't show much outside of battles, Bonnie was there, Clemont was there, and Serena was there.

60/100

Last edited:

NPT

Just a member
"Kindergarten Choas!"

This episode started with the main gang meeting a Trainer named Penelope, who challenged Ash to a battle in the forest because their eyes has met. I liked how they actually implemented the "eye contact means battle" rule from the games, it was a nice touch. It was nice to see the new Fairy type Eevee-lution Sylveon in the anime, although Ash didn't seem too excited after seeing a Fairy type Pokémon for the first time. Bonnie mentioning about Dedenne being part Fairy was good, It's about time they acknowledged that Dedenne is part Fairy.... and it took them 10+ episodes. Oh well, better late than never. When Ash said Sylveon reminded him of Espeon before he scanned it, and when the Pokédex mentioned it evolved from Eevee he was like, "I knew it!". I thought that was cool because in BW... he never noticed similarities between a Pokémon he doesn't know and a Pokémon he's seen before. Usually he's like, "Huh? who's that Pokémon?" and starts dexing it. :(

I thought the battle between Penelope and Ash was decent. Froakie was doing good at the beginning, it's clever of him to use the Apples as decoy and hit Sylveon with Water Pulse. Sadly Sylveon's Attract turned the tables, and It was over when Sylveon gave Froakie a Draining Kiss. Froakie is shy towards females, so that Attract + Draining Kiss combo must've been too much for him. :p The battle ended in a rather humorous way, but the fun part about the battle was the deal that Penelope made with Ash Before the battle. Basically, she said If Ash loses the battle, he must "go out" with her.... and Serena didn't seem to like the deal. It's cute how Serena got all worried about Ash "going out on a date" with Penelop. That was a nice Amourshipping hint there.

I think Serena misunderstanding the deal makes sense because the way Penelope said "You're Coming with me, sweetie", it sounded like she really wants to go out on a date with Ash, but actually she just wanted him to help the kids at her kindergarten. It's kinda weird that she battled with Ash just to get her request fulfilled when she could've just ask him for help. Knowing how Ash's personality is, I'm sure he would've helped her anyway.

Seeing the kindegarten class having fun with the Pokemon was a bit boring, but it got better when Team Rocket joined the fun. They captured Pikachu and Sylveon, then they tried to get away with the truck... But Ash didn't let that happen. Seriously, Ash was so awesome here. He jumped on the moving truck and got inside it, helped Randall to get over his fear of Pokémon, and even blasted Team Rocket off all by himself! It's so cool to see Ash being heroic again. He managed to save the day and showed some great competence. This heroic side of Ash was really lacking in BW, so kudos to XY for bringing it back. Overall, this episode was awesome. The battle between Penelope and Ash was a bit short, but Ash being heroic later in the episode was cool. Not to mention, Serena getting worried about Penelope's deal was cute. The animation has been extremely smooth throughout the XY series, and this episode's animation was nice too.

The English dub of this episode was great. The voices were decent and Serena's reaction to Penelope's deal was handled well in the dub. Music-wise, Six pieces of the original BGM were kept in the dub of this episode. Like the last episode, Clemont's invention theme was kept in this episode too. TPCI tends to keep a handfull of original music tracks in the dub episodes and I'm guessing Clemont's invention theme is one of them now, which is cool because the original Clemont's invention theme is much better than the dub music that TPCI uses most of the time.

After TR opened the truck, I just loved that look everyone gave them. It said "you came to the wrong neighborhood!"

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
My favourite part of this episode was when Froakie was battling Sylveon. Sylveon's Attract was absolutely cute, beautiful and charming. But slightly disappointed that Ash lost and had to help out with kindergarten stuff but he seemed happy to do it.