• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kindergartener Voted Out By Students

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member

Princess Kilvas

Pichu collector
Personaly, I think the teacher should be fired. This strikes me as discrimination in a way, that poor kid is gonna be scarred for life..

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Kashmir said:
Because chairs are the only way to go.~ Sometimes ignoring the person in question works, but that's only if they're misbehaving for attention. If he's doing it just to do it, then yes, punishment is not needed. That's punishment, not total embarassment. >o>

Do you mean that punishment is needed? Regardless, my point was that the teacher could have taken more or less drastic measures than she did. Plus, as far as I know, she was at least partially trying to correct his behavior, something a transfer would not have done.

That may be so, but there's a time to joke and a time to not say anything. With topics like this, where it can hit so close to home with a lot of people, joking about it is just plain rude, obnoxious, and self-centered. ._.;

I'll differ my answer to what Babylon said.

Strants did? I remember hearing about eating crayons and playing with glue from the news video, but that's not really anything to get so bent out of shape over. If he was kicking tables, etc. like you said, then..eh. ._. Yeah, he deserves punishment for it, I agree. I still say she went way over the top, even if it wasn't a permanent solution. I'd like to see the mother put the teacher up in the middle of the gymnasium and have all the other teachers do the same to her. >o> Eye for an eye.

Well, apparently she was doing it in an attempt to correct his behavior, as she believed that hearing criticisms from his peers would reach him a lot better than from adults. And I doubt that she'd mind too much being put into your scenario, as it's only a day.

Oh, I wasn't sure what you were talking about. Well yeah, then if that's the case, then that's good for the teacher and students, but because of the racial mix and number of students, it's different. I went to a predominantly black school, and my kindergarten teacher was an old black lady. I just blinked wrong and she was on me like white on rice. <<;;

I hope that you're not suggesting race as a factor here. That school is mostly white, plus I haven't seen anything about racism relating back to it anyway. Not to mention that it's not that big of a school.

Babylon said:
GrizzlyB I'm confused. What and who are you arguing for?

You know, I really don't know anymore. I think I'm just defending myself against all the poopoo-ers who didn't like my pro-democracy stance and compared me to Hitler.

Strants

Well, my old link was obsoleted by the flow of time, so here's the new one. Still the second and third article. http://coralandopal.blogspot.com/2008_05_01_archive.html .

I agree that the teacher acted badly, but be honest, which of the following scenarios is worse? Being yelled at by the teacher, or being voted out of class? I guess I have to say the second, but it's a close race.

Also, I really have nothing against the students. In the end, children are taught not to discriminate because of race; it's what's on the inside that counts. But, what about an autistic child who is aggressive because of his mental handicap? I think the children would think 'Wow, he's a real meaniehead. I don't like him.' They really wouldn't even know that 'autism' is a word, much less what it means, in kindergarten. And it may not be obvious at that age, either. They just see someone with lower intelligence who bullies them. Granted, that's not exactly what Alex did, but you get my point.