• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kindergartener Voted Out By Students

Lucas!

Real Talk Keisha.
I am pretty sure that it is illegal to discriminate/kick a student out of class for no reason at all.

No it isn't. Who told you that? If discrimination was illegal than many people would be in jail because of that. I also don't think that the mother is wanting the teacher to be put in jail, just wants action to be took.

this is so wrong. all those kids should have a serious disipline action coming there way along with the teacher.

that kid should be able to take padles and beat there raw hides.

aerisLana

i cannot believe
Oh god, no way... Is this news kidding me? I was kinda affected by the news, since one of my closest friends has that kind of autism too. I really feel so bad when I see people tease those kind of people just because they have their own world.

The teacher needs to be fired for discriminating the boy. The teacher's a <word filtered!> >_>

Pikachu!84

Pikachu Obsessed!
Oh god, no way... Is this news kidding me? I was kinda affected by the news, since one of my closest friends has that kind of autism too. I really feel so bad when I see people tease those kind of people just because they have their own world.

The teacher needs to be fired for discriminating the boy. The teacher's a <word filtered!> >_>

I don't know my dad was too happy when he read this.
Oh and my boyfriend has autism too just so you know......

Ethan

Banned
But guys! There is no such thing as good and evil! After all, some tribe in Africa might think this was the right thing to do. Don't ya know.

Elrade

Snarky snark snark.
What the-? I have Asperger's? Now I'm MAD. And it happened near me, as well. Asperger's is a HIGH-FUNCTIONING form of Autism; people with Asperger's syndrome are intelligent, and many of them do great things for the world. That teacher needs to have her license taken awya... For good.

Timaku

Eloquent
Asking kids to vote off students and create hatred between them, what a delightful idea! Must have been a slow and boring school day for her to think that up.

Joshehh

I'd like to know exactly what caused the teacher to do this, because if the child was overly problematic I could understand she may have wished to enforce a point, but in all honesty I don't think any situation would make it necessary for a child, regardless of their needs, to be singled out and bullied in this way. It is pretty sickening.

Profesco

gone gently
Alright.

Democracy: 1
Little kid: 0

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Hakajin, I didn't say that I sympathized with the teacher's actions; in fact, I utterly abhor them.

I used Hitler as an example because his actions were guided, in part, by his surroundings. I'm not saying that what he did, he would not have done if he grew up, for example, in the 50 years before WWI. However, one's actions cannot be judged simply by the action itself; background must be given.

And, as Babylon and I pointed out, "right" and "wrong" have no true boundaries in today's world. 1000, 2000, 3000 years ago, those that were like the kid would certainly have been discriminated against, because they were thought to have evil spirits. But, with the advent of science and technology, we know that things such as Asperger's are caused by genes, not evil spirits and, as such the Democratic (I use this term loosely) world tries to treat them fairly.

FlareonJupiter

F&J Manga-Ka
What the-? I have Asperger's? Now I'm MAD. And it happened near me, as well. Asperger's is a HIGH-FUNCTIONING form of Autism; people with Asperger's syndrome are intelligent, and many of them do great things for the world. That teacher needs to have her license taken awya... For good.

I have Asperger's, too -- so I was just crushed when I read this story. The boy's mother has every right to be angry and not bring him back to the school. I know my mom would have done the same if that were me at the age of five. I had my issues (I'd have a temper tantrum here or there, or I had trouble paying attention), but my teacher never turned any of my friends against me.

I hope this teacher loses her job. No child -- whether they autistic or not -- should EVER have to go through something like this.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Don't they normally have classes with only special needs children? If so, why the hell wasn't he put in that class in the first place? Honestly though, we didnt hear the whole story, as the teacher was told to not speak to the press. I know my slightly autistic cousin was kicked out of class a few years ago, and it caused a similar outroar in my hometown, but it turns out he had bitten another student. For all we know, he could've deserved to be taken out of the class.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
I will make no comment on Divine_Light's post.

@Clamps: Most Asperger's Kids wouldn't be considered "special needs" the way those who have some other forms of autism or Down Syndrome or something similar would be considered that way. Generally, the major "problem" is a relative inability to interact effectively with peers.

My form is a "weak" form, so to speak, but there really shouldn't be any reason, as far as I can tell, that children with Asperger's should be taken out of the normal classroom. And if a student does perform a rather strange or inappropriate act, like biting another student on the arm, then don't let his or her classmates vote on it. Let school officials and the student's parents/legal guardians handle the matter.

HyenaHaze

Serial Experiment
I have DID and if anybody tried to vote me out of a classroom I'd just give them the "What the hell are you doing, slut?" look and they'd leave me alone.

I was an antisocial kid.

Shinin

Minimalist
Elrade said:
people with Asperger's syndrome are intelligent, and many of them do great things for the world.

Like what, yell at people over nothing and be generally annoying?

Who does that teacher think she is? If she knew he might have Asperger's, then she was probably being discriminatory, but if she thought he was just a child who behaved strangely, then she proved that she can't handle her job, so she loses either way. She was also manipulative and put other young children in an awkward position by telling them to get rid of somebody their own age because he acted differently. Even if the child was causing problems, she took a disgusting approach to deal with it, and you don't let children make these types of decisions and encourage them to exclude others. Nice job being a teacher ;(

And another reason why I don't like black people

Whether you were joking or not, get out -_-

Last edited:

Shinin

Minimalist
I have DID and if anybody tried to vote me out of a classroom I'd just give them the "What the hell are you doing, slut?" look and they'd leave me alone.

I was an antisocial kid.

I wish I had a disease that doesn't exist.

HyenaHaze

Serial Experiment
I wish I had a disease that doesn't exist.

Dissociation exists, but the DID is debatable. But evidentially I have that or/and PTSD.

If you've dissociated, you'll understand.

Shinin

Minimalist
What was your past trauma?

On topic: What a catastrophe