• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kindergartener Voted Out By Students

Shinin

Minimalist
Zora said:
A lot of people are left to self-diagnose due to poor funds and the school being lazy

I'd say it's the parent's fault if someone who actually has something like asperger's goes undiagnosed, not the school's. It's the parent's kid, not the school's. Also, it isn't a rarity for people, especially on the internet, to claim to have asperger's as an excuse for being bad at social interactions for reasons other than diseases such as asperger's.

Zora

perpetually tired
I'd say it's the parent's fault if someone who actually has something like asperger's goes undiagnosed, not the school's. It's the parent's kid, not the school's. Also, it isn't a rarity for people, especially on the internet, to claim to have asperger's as an excuse for being bad at social interactions for reasons other than diseases such as asperger's.

Getting diagnosed is really expensive. The school won't diagnose unless it is in their best interest (which is usually never), and same goes for Kaiser (except less bias there), and neither of them have great professionals.

And disabilities=/=disease

Dear god, the school's OT therapist couldn't diagnose my dysgraphia, but a profession OT therapist figured out I had dysgraphia within two seconds just based on the way I got up from the chair in the waiting room. The schools turn a blind eye A LOT.

Pikachu!84

Pikachu Obsessed!
Getting diagnosed is really expensive. The school won't diagnose unless it is in their best interest (which is usually never), and same goes for Kaiser (except less bias there), and neither of them have great professionals.

And disabilities=/=disease

Dear god, the school's OT therapist couldn't diagnose my dysgraphia, but a profession OT therapist figured out I had dysgraphia within two seconds just based on the way I got up from the chair in the waiting room. The schools turn a blind eye A LOT.

Sometimes they can forever before they will diagnose somebody. My dad was not diagnosed with anything but we know he has something. And he will not go and find out which is really annoying.

Zora

perpetually tired
Sometimes they can forever before they will diagnose somebody. My dad was not diagnosed with anything but we know he has something. And he will not go and find out which is really annoying.

Sometimes ignorance or denial can be an issue, in which case it is generally the parents fault (or in your case, the fault of the person who needs to be diagnosed).

Pikachu!84

Pikachu Obsessed!
Sometimes ignorance or denial can be an issue, in which case it is generally the parents fault (or in your case, the fault of the person who needs to be diagnosed).

My grandma said they tryed to get him diagnosed when he was a kid, but something didn't work out, because they have known they he has something.

Profesco

gone gently
Isn't self-diagnosis unreliable? A person is always going to be biased concerning himself. A diagnosis needs objectivity, I thought...

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Babylon said:
Would you care to even remotely explian yourself?

On the piece about America being a republic, that's because we elect individuals who then lead for us, as opposed to literally leading ourselves, and voting on every issue. Which makes that classroom a democracy.

This thread is getting kinda weird.

Zora

perpetually tired
Would you care to even remotely explian yourself?

We generally vote for representatives, who then decide on issues for us (from time to time we have an issue voted democratically). Electing representatives is called a Republic.

Kyrix

Glitch Hunting Freak
So, GrizzlyB, we should allow 5-year-olds to defy a child's right to an education and kick him out of school? Kudos to free speech and sheer idioticy.

I'm pretty sure you can't "vote" a child out of school like that, send them to the principal, school psychologist (although, as stated, they probably have the the training of your average parent in psychology), make a call to parents. It's such BS >>;

Also, my brother has thick asperger's so try and listen and don't say it doesn't exsist >>; It is a MILD form of autism...which isn't saying much really. Because of this problem, (if you know anything about autism) they don't exactly have the best communication skills thus leading to poor social abilities. Since they see things differently people often don't agree with them, thus further seperating them from "society" THEN on top of that, since they can't see things the same as others, they react also differently to things, whether it be violence...shouting........misbehavior.....this problem also arises. Finally, from every person I know with this problem, they perfectly well understand that they have a problem, and if you have a problem that inhibits you like this, and know you have it, what kind of problems do you beleive this will stack onto you?

Bah....

Pikachu!84

Pikachu Obsessed!
So, GrizzlyB, we should allow 5-year-olds to defy a child's right to an education and kick him out of school? Kudos to free speech and sheer idioticy.

I'm pretty sure you can't "vote" a child out of school like that, send them to the principal, school psychologist (although, as stated, they probably have the the training of your average parent in psychology), make a call to parents. It's such BS >>;

Also, my brother has thick asperger's so try and listen and don't say it doesn't exsist >>; It is a MILD form of autism...which isn't saying much really. Because of this problem, (if you know anything about autism) they don't exactly have the best communication skills thus leading to poor social abilities. Since they see things differently people often don't agree with them, thus further seperating them from "society" THEN on top of that, since they can't see things the same as others, they react also differently to things, whether it be violence...shouting........misbehavior.....this problem also arises. Finally, from every person I know with this problem, they perfectly well understand that they have a problem, and if you have a problem that inhibits you like this, and know you have it, what kind of problems do you beleive this will stack onto you?

Bah....

Some people with problems like this have to get help, if they are being bad. My brother has problems that he would most likely not have if he had had help when he was younger.

Kashmir

Welcome to Zaun!
How are there any discriminatory policies in either instance? Hitler was voted in, and the kid was voted out, simple as that. I've yet to see any proof that the kid POSSIBLY being autistic actually has to do with this.

Unless I'm mistaken, the teacher said that she put the kid at the front of the room, had everybody say what they didn't like about him, and proceeded to take a vote of who thought he didn't deserve to be in the classroom. And that's according to the mother, even.

They ought to know the kid by now, it's presumably the end of the year. And of course I'm going to go with the winning team.

I was just joking about everything at first, but the more I think about this, the more I realize that I'm right. Especially with everybody jumping aboard the assumption train.

If she wasn't being discrimnatory, then she would have done that to every student in the classroom and had a vote on all of them, not just him. Not to mention how she taunted him after the process by asking him how he felt and saying the office didn't want him there.

Are you french? <_< And even if they know him, I agree with the person who said that the children will go with the teacher, because she's a sort of role model for the children. Their sense of right and wrong hasn't fully developed yet, so they don't understand, and therefore just blindly do what the teacher tells them. Not to mention she obviously pressured Spencer, his best friend. As for the part about telling them to say what they don't like about the student..we're human. There's always going to be something we don't like about a person. For instance, I don't like your existance. :D

That was some sick joke, picking on those with mental handicaps. Where do you get off with that? You think it's cool? Cause it's not. <_< Get over yourself, cause you're not right, you're and arrogant fool for thinking this teacher's completley in the right to pick on a child. Even if he didn't have(or possibly have)Asperger's, doesn't mean she had any right to stand him up like that. If it's fair, then it will be perfectly fine for me to start a thread where people can say what they hate about you, and making it a poll, asking if everyone thinks you should be allowed to keep your membership at Serebiiforums. Then I can PM it to you so you're sure to see it, and then ask you how you feel about it, and then telling you that the mods won't do anything about it because it broke no rules, technically. You sound like some self-righteous 12 year old/Rave. <_<

And so what if he was being incredibly disruptive? She didn't have to throw him out of class like that. If she didn't want him there that bad, she could have just requested he get transferred to a class that's more capable of handling special needs children. If she did it because he's lowering her learning curve and chances at a tenyer(or however it's spelled..correct me if I'm wrong please), then oh hell yeah she should be fired, because that's selfish. She's supposed to be an advocate for the children, and stand up for them and have their best interest in mind, no matter the circumstance, not toss them out of class and traumatize the studen like she did because he's ruining her learning curve. <_<

Oh, and plus, he clearly was traumatized by it, because the mother said that he was saying to himself over and over again that he wasn't special.

And another thing. If you'll look under the video, it says that they couldn't press charges because it didn't fit the catagory for emotional abuse, I would like to see how that clause/law(whatever it is, I can't remember x_x) is written. Often times things will be writted vaguely for just such an occasion. That way, they can't technically be held accountable. Let me give you an example. Within the past for years, Virginians were asked to vote on whether or not gay marriage should be legal in the state of Virginia. I am not old enough to vote, being 16, but I know people who voted and this exactly what every one of them said the ballot said:

Do you believe in marriage?
- Yes
- No

Now, if you voted yes, that was a vote against gay marriage. See how they worded it? Loosely, vaguely, and in a confusing manner. <_< But that's just my opinion on that.

Yes. It's possible for people to grow out of/into some mental disabilities, just like you can develop asthma/get over it or develop/get over allergies. I'm not 100% sure, but I know I heard it from a reliable source on the internet somewhere(not Wiki.)

Sorry about responding to Grizzly's old post, but when I have something to say, I'm going to say it. >_>;

Last edited:

Missingno.Fan

This is just terrible. I kind of have Asperger's too (not to the same degree that kid does) so I know what it is like. That lady needs to be fired ASAP.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
shiny charizard master said:
So, GrizzlyB, we should allow 5-year-olds to defy a child's right to an education and kick him out of school?

Yeah, it'll be like that one reality TV show I never watched.

So, what can you do?

And since when does autism affect how someone sees something? I thought that was schizophrenia.

Kashmir said:
If she wasn't being discrimnatory, then she would have done that to every student in the classroom and had a vote on all of them, not just him.

And if she was being discriminatory, she would have done this because he was autistic.

Are you french? <_<

Quoi au sujet d'il, tu salude condescendant? Baise-toi. Brûle dans enfer.

For instance, I don't like your existance.

And I don't like you misspelling every other word. That thing at the end better mean you were joking. >:V

If it's fair, then it will be perfectly fine for me to start a thread where people can say what they hate about you, and making it a poll, asking if everyone thinks you should be allowed to keep your membership at Serebiiforums. Then I can PM it to you so you're sure to see it, and then ask you how you feel about it, and then telling you that the mods won't do anything about it because it broke no rules, technically. You sound like some self-righteous 12 year old/Rave.

You go ahead and do that. I don't care, and the mods will close it anyway. Especially Rave. Besides, I'm thirteen, jackoff.

And so what if he was being incredibly disruptive?

Oh yeah, I forgot special needs = no discipline. And what in the hell is a tenyer?

That was some sick joke, picking on those with mental handicaps. Where do you get off with that?

When did I ever pick on him? The only thing I said was that the numbers were definitely against him.

You think it's cool?

Oh no, I forgot to run that by the ultimate purveyor of cool: you.

Cause it's not. <_< Get over yourself, cause you're not right, you're and arrogant fool for thinking this teacher's completley in the right to pick on a child.

You can't call me a fool, I'm the smartest kid in my class.

Oh, and plus, he clearly was traumatized by it, because the mother said that he was saying to himself over and over again that he wasn't special.

Yes, because that two days after the fact means he's traumatized.

Cry me a river.

Kashmir

Welcome to Zaun!
And if she was being discriminatory, she would have done this because he was autistic.

So is she doing it because she's autistic, or because he just doesn't deserve to be in class?

Quoi au sujet d'il, tu salude condescendant? Baise-toi. Brûle dans enfer.

No, pass, and pass again.

And I don't like you misspelling every other word. That thing at the end better mean you were joking. >:V

-Shrug.- Oh well, they're just a few words. Not like everyone knows how to spell every word in the dictionary like you do. But I've noticed that you're now insulting me. Do you not have any valid points to come back at me with?

You go ahead and do that. I don't care, and the mods will close it anyway. Especially Rave. Besides, I'm thirteen, jackoff.

I know they will, because it goes against the terms of use, and Rave and I don't get along. <_< I don't appreciate random, pointless disrespect, but that's beside the point.

Wow, I was pretty close, but there's not much of a difference. At any rate, I'll reinstate the fact that most likely, you're only coming back at me like so because you can't combat my points. Come back at me with legitimate points that aren't biased by a pubescent thirteen year old that only sides with the winning side instead of name calling, and I'll pubically apologize for calling you out.

Oh yeah, I forgot special needs = no discipline. And what in the hell is a tenyer?

I'm not saying that they don't need discipline. In fact, they need more discipline, but not the type that a parent gives a wayward child. They shouldn't be coddled by society and the school systems either, unless it can be helped. I believe that if they're capable of paying attention and getting their work done with minimal disruptions, they should be placed in regular classes. However, if they're incapable of it, then by all means, give them the attention they need, and no more.

A tenyer(as I said, I'm still nto sure if it's spelled correctly or not. I really doubt it) is what, as far as I know, teachers get after working at a school long enough and have a high enough learning curve. A learning curve is how many students pass the class, with what grade percentage, and how much they have improved since beginning that course. Before a tenyer, a teacher can simply be fired, no problem, and don't(if I'm correct, as it's been a while since I heard about tenyers) get paid as much. Once they get the tenyer though, in order to be fired, you have to go to the school board and have their case reviewed, and get perks. Something every teacher wants.

As said before, I believe she really wanted Alex out because he was crippling her learning curve and harming her chances at getting this tenyer.

When did I ever pick on him? The only thing I said was that the numbers were definitely against him.

By saying that you agreed with the children who voted him out and said that the teacher did no wrong by treating him the way she did.

Oh no, I forgot to run that by the ultimate purveyor of cool: you.

i no rite? :p Next time you have an opinion, forget it, love.

You can't call me a fool, I'm the smartest kid in my class.

"fool - (f??l)
n.
1. One who is deficient in judgment, sense, or understanding.
2. One who acts unwisely on a given occasion: I was a fool to have quit my job. "

"fool1 /ful/
–noun
1. ...a person who lacks judgment or sense.
5. a weak-minded or idiotic person."

I didn't call you stupid. I called you a fool.

Yes, because that two days after the fact means he's traumatized.

Cry me a river.

Different people have different levels of sensitivity. We're not all as perfect as you. :p

Last edited:

Kyrix

Glitch Hunting Freak
Well you obviously don't have common sense or wisdom of any kind, sadly enough that pretty much voids your intelegence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome
Yes I know, wikipedia, I shall now burn for eternity.

The point is, how can you NOT say that doing something like....THAT to child with...THIS is justifiable in ANY way under this sun?

Yeah, it'll be like that one reality TV show I never watched.
Unfortunately, this is real, life doesn't exsist inside your TV box bubba...

Edit: Don't worry, 13 is pretty young, plenty of time for something bad to happen ;D
Do we get to make of that, then? =o

Last edited:

Ryuu-Anima

Sera Kureseria
Ok, first off, I'd like to say that no matter what any of you :cough:shinin:cough: beleive, there is definetely a spectrum, and there are different levels of functioning. You can't just say that a person is being antisocial and that there is nothing wrong with them.
And since when does autism affect how someone sees something? I thought that was schizophrenia.
Actually, speaking from experience with my cousin, people can see the world very differently. My cousin, who will here remain unnamed, was severely autistic. He didn't forget. Anything. He would still ask when his father was coming home, even though his father had left my aunt when my cousin was around ten years old. My cousin was in his twenties when he died. I, like many in this topic, have Asperger's syndrome, but I was only diagnosed a few years ago. I'm seventeen now. I have always had trouble getting along with others, taunts have always gotten to me more than the other students, and because of that, I've been targeted by the school jerks.

This is apparently what is happening with the kid in this story. We don't know if the teacher meant for it to be a joke, but the children, the five-year olds who can't possibly understand what 'special needs' are, took it seriously, and they sent him out. THE teacher was being discrimanatory. If she wasn't, she wouldn't have done it to just one kid. She only did this to him, as far as we know. You DON'T stand a kid up in front of his peers, you DON'T ask them what they don't like about him, you DON'T send a kid away just because he's different. Being discriminatory doesn't have to be based on anything, GrizzlyB. The teacher may not have even realized he possibly had Aspergers. You could be discriminatory towards someone on here, just because they like Magikarp, or because they like to use text smilies. There doesn't have to be a real reason behind it. There doesn't have to be a cause, there just has to be the will to single someone out.

Wondering how many of you are even going to read all this,
Ryuu.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Kashmir said:
So is she doing it because she's autistic, or because he just doesn't deserve to be in class?

Considering that he's still under evaluation for autism, of those two, it has to be the latter. And I assume that by "she", you mean "he".

No, done that, and pass.

You have no idea how funny the second one is.

-Shrug.- Oh well, they're just a few words. Not like everyone knows how to spell every word in the dictionary like you do. But I've noticed that you're now insulting me. Do you not have any valid points to come back at me with?

I was only responding in kind, sir. And do you have any valid reasons to believe what you've said about what I think? Slander, I say!

I know they will, because it goes against the terms of use, and Rave and I don't get along. <_< I don't appreciate random, pointless disrespect, but that's beside the point.

You said that making them would break no rules. So, which is it? And at what point did I disrespect something?

Wow, I was pretty close, but there's not much of a difference. At any rate, I'll reinstate the fact that most likely, you're only coming back at me like so because you can't combat my points. Come back at me with legitimate points that aren't biased by a pubescent thirteen year old that only sides with the winning side instead of name calling, and I'll pubically apologize for calling you out.

Make a tangible point and I'll combat it, then.

I'm not saying that they don't need discipline. In fact, they need more discipline, but not the type that a parent gives a wayward child. They shouldn't be coddled by society and the school systems either, unless it can be helped. I believe that if they're capable of paying attention and getting their work done with minimal disruptions, they should be placed in regular classes. However, if they're incapable of it, then by all means, give them the attention they need, and no more.

You seem to think that being "incredibly disruptive" is no reason to take any sort of immediate action against him.

A tenyer(as I said, I'm still nto sure if it's spelled correctly or not. I really doubt it) is what, as far as I know, teachers get after working at a school long enough and have a high enough learning curve. A learning curve is how many students pass the class, with what grade percentage, and how much they have improved since beginning that course. Before a tenyer, a teacher can simply be fired, no problem, and don't(if I'm correct, as it's been a while since I heard about tenyers) get paid as much. Once they get the tenyer though, in order to be fired, you have to go to the school board and have their case reviewed, and get perks. Something every teacher wants.

The only thing similar I've heard of is granted after simply being at the school for a certain number of years. No curves.

As said before, I believe she really wanted Alex out because he was crippling her learning curve and harming her chances at getting this tenyer.

Which you base on absolutely nothing. Also, throwing him out of class is probably going to make him fail, which makes it a dumb idea, and I don't think that they even give out real grades in kindergarten.

By saying that you agreed with the children who voted him out and said that the teacher did no wrong by treating him the way she did.

I said this when?

I didn't call you stupid. I called you a fool.

You're right. You called me stupid, silly, judgment-lacking, sense-lacking, weak-minded, and idiotic.

Different people have different levels of sensitivity. We're not all as perfect as you. :p

The great tragedy of the world. But the fact remains that you can't actually tell until a long time has passed.

shiny charizard master said:
Well you obviously don't have common sense or wisdom of any kind, sadly enough that pretty much voids your intelegence.

Your hypocrisy leaves me utterly flabbergasted. And I still don't see anything pertaining to sight in those articles.

The point is, how can you NOT say that doing something like

Made sense to there.

Unfortunately, this is real, life doesn't exsist inside your TV box bubba...

It does if I never leave the house. Except for all the other stuff inside.

Edit: Don't worry, 13 is pretty young, plenty of time for something bad to happen ;D
Do we get to make of that, then? =o

¯\(º_o)/¯ lulz wut?

Raichu4u

I'm not josh'n
We should vote teachers out!

Shinin

Minimalist
Profesco said:
Isn't self-diagnosis unreliable? A person is always going to be biased concerning himself. A diagnosis needs objectivity, I thought...

You hit the nail on the head.