• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

King of the Hill (the TV series)

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Has anyone seen this show that ran on Fox for 12 years? It's from the creator of Beavis and Butt-Head.

It's about a family in Texas as well as their friends and neighbors.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I swear my grandfather is Hank Hill if he came from Alabama. Looks like him, too, kind of.

My family will actually watch this show more than with The Simpsons, honestly. Not that I don't mind, by the time I started getting into King of the Hill, I was already getting bored with The Simpsons, and stopped watching the show. And since King of the Hill is on Channel 45's syndication on the weekdays, I was able to catch it pretty often (while I was in high school). I like it, especially the subtle humor that I guess caught my attention the most, and got me coming back often. That's where its heart lies, after all, and it rarely relies on pop culture, if at all.

Of course, the show isn't for everyone because of its subtle, satirical humor on realism, but apparently a lot of people were able to get it, which is why it was on the network for as long as it was. I wish I could find it, I don't really know what to look for, but my parents really liked that one commercial or whatever it was where Hank Hill comes up on his mower or something and says to the camera (paraphrasing), "I tell you what, I like the idea of facial piercings. That way you can tell from a glance that that person's not right."

Ee-yup.

Spookz

Lumos
I've been rewatching it on Netflix. Watched it a lot in middle/high school when I could, eventually I came to like it more than The Simpsons or other similar shows. Naturally, I was pleased to discover it on Netflix so I could watch it through chronologically.. there were always some episodes aired more often than others so I'm finding some that I've never seen before.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
I sell propane and propane accessories.

This is a good show, you just need to sit down and watch it to like (in my experience)

Personally, I like the earlier stuff when they had a lot of Beavis and Butthead humor in it still. However, Screw Captain America, Dale Gribble shall forever be my American hero.

Estellise

peachy
I really did like King of the Hill- I still watch it on Netflix and on Adult Swim sometimes. I wish they made a few more episodes before ending, but every show has to go sometime.

Darato

(o,..,o)
Only thing I wish they did on the show was on the ending they showed Bill back together with one of the girls he dated at one point, like Reverend Stroup, also finding out Dale was really an under cover agent the whole time would have been funny to see.

L.F.D.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I used to watch it often when they still showed reruns in the evening, but I kind of stopped watching the newer episodes simply because the show became incredibly predictable as it got older. I knew exactly what to expect from Hank; the only truly good characters in my opinion were Dale and Peggy. The rest were either too bland or too annoying.

Mauzi

Devil Hunter Poke
I'm watching it now, lol. It was one of my favourite TV shows!

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
I've watched that show for a long time. I still do, and it still makes me laugh. Not as much as Beavis and Butthead, but I tell you what.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Only thing I wish they did on the show was on the ending they showed Bill back together with one of the girls he dated at one point, like Reverend Stroup, also finding out Dale was really an under cover agent the whole time would have been funny to see.

L.F.D.

Well we find out Boomhaur was indeed a Texas Ranger.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I've actually thought of writing a fanfic transplanting the character John Redcorn into the Pokemon world. He would become a "Pokemon Whisperer" if you know what I mean.

Has anyone here ever read any KotH fanfics?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Has anyone here ever read any KotH fanfics?

Outside of the horrendous "King of the Hill Episode 1: Peggy's Revenge", no. Hasn't been in my agenda to hunt down and read KotH stories, considering there's probably not a lot out there, and very few of them are good anyway.

Doux

I've watched the entire series several times through. xD
Now every time I hear the song 'Thank You' by Dido I think of when Boomhauer was seducing the lady that Bill liked and Bill was standing outside of his house crossing his fingers...
"Please don't put on Dido, PLEASE don't put on Dido! :(" "...and Iiii want to thank you, for makin' this the best dayyy of my liiife-" "AUGH. D:"

Outside of the horrendous "King of the Hill Episode 1: Peggy's Revenge", no. Hasn't been in my agenda to hunt down and read KotH stories, considering there's probably not a lot out there, and very few of them are good anyway.

Oh my god. Why did you have to peak my curiosity?! That was awful.