• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

King & Queen For A Day! (442)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
King Bonsly & Queen Manene

After a battle with Team Rocket, Pikachu, Meowth, Bonsly & Manene are seperated from their respective trainers. Lost in a town, the four Pokémon decide to team up to find their trainers...however three strange men have their eyes set on Bonsly & Manene. Will the Pokémon get back to their trainers?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

skarmachild

Cheer up.
Subtitles for Pokémon ala Island of the Giant Pokemon? Hope so, doubt it though. Seems interesting, though a whole episode of Bonsly's wailings hould be reason enough for bannage.

In answer to the awfully hard "Will the Pokémon get back to their original trainers". I have a hunch - I think so!

MagicBox

xoBcigaM
skarmachild said:
Subtitles for Pokémon ala Island of the Giant Pokemon? Hope so, doubt it though.
I'd like another subtitles episode, but the the producers have kinda done away with that concept. If they were still interested in it, we would've gotten subtitles for Turning Over a Nuzleaf. Plus, 4KIDS has pretty much done away with any trace of text in any of their dubs, so we won't get a subtitled episode in dub form.

I know nothing about the episode, but here's hoping Bonsly keeps that scarf. It makes it look cool.

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
I'd like another subtiled episode as well, but I'm not placing any bets.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
shouldnt we save the speculation for the speculation thread. This thread is talk about it if we have news about it or have seen it.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Well, seen pictures and I don't know what to think of this episode.

Of course, it started out with Team Rocket trying to scam Ash and Co. [in what looked like a massage tent? o_O] and after they revealed themselves a battle ensued...with Dustox and Manene! I'm pretty sure Manene pulled a Cacnea too =O

Long story short, Gonbe Metronomes up a Sandstorm and *gasp* the Humans and Pokemon get split up again? Nooooo!
Oh, I just though I'd get this out of the way: THERE ARE NO SUBTITLES WHEN THE POKEMON INTERACT. There.

Then some suited guys in a pimped out limo [with an Electrike hood ornament even] want to steal Manene and Bonsly and naturally all the Pokemon [whoops, that consists of Pikachu, Meowth, and the gruesome twosome] are WTFing. However, later we find out that there is a Manene and Bonsly pair that star in a movie or some crap like that and the pedo directors want to recreate it. Yeah.

Manene and Bonsly don scarves as the producers don...Pokemon costumes [gee Manene looks weird with a mustache >.>] to show them what to do. Team Rocket interrupts, blah, blah, blah, and WHAT? Manene and Bonsly actually BATTLE? Manene indeed does use some sort of Psychic attack as well.

And in the end Manene gets everyone to dance with it, TR is blasted off [with Manene still wearing the yellow scarf, mind you] and the episode ends rather awkwardly and abruptly.

Need to see this is action, demmit!

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Or rather in english. This sounds like the type of episode that you'd only be able to enjoy if its in a language you can understand.

Otherwise it's hard to appreciate.

Poké_Master

Indigo Champion
King Bonsly and Queen Manene!?

I agree with you. Another stupid filler where everyone gets seperated from some of their Pokémon... They've done this way too many times. Of course, I may change my mind once I see the episode... :)

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Oy vey, this sounds like an awful episode. What were they smoking when they came up with this one?

MagicBox

xoBcigaM
Who cares if it's a crappy filler? Bonsly & Manene actually battle! As in, doing something! Besides sitting there! This episode is worth a viewing just for that alone.

Wait, do they battle against each other or team up to defeat a common enemy?

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
Well judging by the pics, it seems just as wierd as the trailer did. Except this time it makes more sense. I liked the animation for this episode since it really made it stand out. The begining gave some glimpses of last weeks awsome episode.

The episode was rather jumping everywhere from where I see it. The ending was pretty wierd. I guess this was supposed to be a fun episode after all the serious stuff that's been going on. I'll be still watching this episode too.

Btw, when everyone was dancing could it have been because Manene used Teeter Dance or something?

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
hmm this episode had its moments. It had its funny scenes. Although people who dislike Bonsly probally wont be that happy with it in this episode. I have to agree with KC though it ended oddly. One thing that was funny and wanted to scratch my eyes out at the same time was an old man in a manene suit. What I got from it there were bonsly and manene stars on some sort of show/movie and they were lost(or ran away). The three directors spotted Meowth, Pikachu, Bonsly, and Manene. They tried to catch them. Ash and co. find the star bonsly and manene. The lost crew had found a safe resting spot and had given bonsly juice to calm down. Then they ended up in the movie set and bonsly and manene subs(two guys in bonsly and manene suits) were taking the place of the real manene and bonsly. The crew soon noticed manene and bonsly and dressd them up with their scarves. TR came quickly after I'm guessing trying to pass of as their acting agents. Some reason pikachu stayed with TR and acting fine. Although soon after during lunch Jessie and Meowth are discussing about it. J&J took care of Bonsly well and james fed it with its bottle. Anyway eventually everything unravels for TTR and go back to usual. Brock teels Bonsly to tackle Jessie and it hits her pretty hard. Manene without being ordered quickly comes to Jessie's defence and tackles Bonsly back. I think Bonsly used uproar since there were tears around Bonsly and its mouth was open and Manene was wincing in pain and holding its hand around its head. Manene retaliates with a psychic attack. I'm not sure if it was psychic it looked a little different and everyone started dancing. I was under the impression that Manene was forcing them due to facial expressions of TR, ash and co, and the work crew. Well then again the anime makes psychic to be a little more powerful and have other affects so it could be psychic. Soon after pikachu blasts off TR. While blasting off Manene clings onto James with its yellow scarf snug around its neck. Episode ends.

Sceptile did appear for its double leaf blade. No suggestion towards heracross staying but, sceptile and pikachu were the only one of Ash's pokemon in the episode. It also showed a flashback of the previous episode and I believe Ash was still on the ship at the beggining so I dont know if he had time to deposit heracross.

This was a good fun quirky episode a nice break from current events.

MagicBox

xoBcigaM
I wonder how many things Cybercubed could say about this image.

Those pictures don't really make the episode make sense. I mean, why does Manene run away from James when he finds it? And why does Bonsly run away from Brock & the gang? Well, at least we know Bonsly can battle. Now it won't seem like its skills came from nowhere when it battles in the upcoming contest episode.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Wow, MagicBox you made my day. If I didn't just update my sig a day ago, I would have so put that pic in there. Maybe I'll save it for a later time.

Would it have been too extreme to have May with her shirt off during that moment? She'd still have her bra on of course...

JazzJazz

MagicBox said:
why does Manene run away from James when he finds it? And why does Bonsly run away from Brock & the gang?

I'd say it's because they were having fun together and were worried about being split up...