• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

King & Queen For A Day! (442)

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
V Faction said:
Tickle? Buh-gawd. Why can't they ever stick to one way of performing an attack!?!? As an attack enthusiast, that ticks me off!
Really, I like the idea that pokemon can have variations on their attacks. Think about how Pikachu uses Thunder in different ways (i.e as a projectile and as a physical explosion, this was before it learned Volt Tackle), or how Treeko could use Pound with its arms or its tail (it used its arms in one of its first battles, but then reverted to its tail because it was stronger), or how Charizard's Seismic Toss looks so different from a non flyer's Seismic Toss.

Since Manene is a Psychic type it makes sense it could form tendrils of Psychic energy to perform Tickle at a distance. Still, I get what you're saying.

Blaziken Master said:
It is the title of a so called movie in the episode portraying the romance of a manene and bonsly
Which is a bit disturbing considering they're both pre-evolutions, can't breed, are babies etc.

V Faction

www.faction.com
I like variation, too. As long as it's variation that makes sense and gives enough room to change. Manene used Tickle not that long ago in its debut Contest, not long enough for it to change its attack style. And Manene was 2, maybe 3, feet away from Bonsly? IS THAT LAZINESS OR WHAT?

sCiZoR_2006

Cascade Trainer
Yamato-san said:
Actually, while he was planning to make off with the last box after he finished carrying the rest, the woman just let him have it as a reward. I think when Nyaasu offered them the food, Pikachu was refusing until he was convinced that it wasn't stolen. Just thought that was worth pointing out.

Very true, Yamato-san. Great addition.

Pokemon Fan said:
Since Manene is a Psychic type it makes sense it could form tendrils of Psychic energy to perform Tickle at a distance. Still, I get what you're saying.

This whole time I had thought that Tickle was a psychic move (ever since R/S came out). Come to find out that it's just a normal-type attack. That's kind of disappointing, but the variation that Manane uses in this episode makes the attack stand out.

I know the anime Pokemon's moves are done without respect to the games, but I'm wondering if Bonsly's Fake Tears attack is a foreshadow of one of its D/P moves in-game?

V Faction said:
I like variation, too. As long as it's variation that makes sense and gives enough room to change. Manene used Tickle not that long ago in its debut Contest, not long enough for it to change its attack style. And Manene was 2, maybe 3, feet away from Bonsly? IS THAT LAZINESS OR WHAT?

You know the anime exaggerates distance. Two Pokemon on a battlefield could be about 7 feet from each other but when one executes an attack, the animation style makes it seem like they're miles apart.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
Just saw this in the US. This episode was good. It was cool to see Bonsly and Mime Jr battle as well as seeing everybody dance from Mime Jr's Teeter Dance.

Talk about surprising--Polka o Dolka is kept during Mime Jr.'s Teeter Dance...but as the dubbed version(which means Maddie is singing!)!:D

Other than that, this was better than I gave the plot credit for. Pretty Rocket-centric throughout the episode(not that it's a bad thing...:p), and we see a bit more of what Mime Jr. is capable of. Not bad at all.

Man, my favorite part was when Brock and James shouted attacks back and forth ,LOL

C.J. Ray

I wanted Shaymin! :(
:eek: POLKA O DOLKA! (dies)

That is probably my favorite song, in both Japanese and English. (I didn't get the English lyrics, though.) I'm so glad they kept it! (dies again)

Sorry, that episode was just worth watching for that song.

BTW, didn't I see a screenshot of Brock dressed up like a white prince, or is that just me? ;)

Medea

Excalibur
Wow, very cute for a filler. Those hired goons chasing after Bonsly and Mime Jr creeped me out and made me laugh at the same time. And of course, this episode made me want to smack Jessie over the head with a giant script again and again. I cannot stand that little Prima Donna for the life of me. Especially, when she gets all gaga when the camera is on her.

YoshiAngemon

Storm Trainer
I can't believe the Narrator got into the dancing! That was funny, and if they ever do some form of a Teeter Dance activity for the next Pokémon event (Complete with the English Version of Polka-O-Dolka playing), I'll probably get involved myself! It's like a form of Wiggin' Out!

Last edited:

~Battle Frontier~

<-- Wolf Whistle
LOL, the director of Pokemon was dancing! XD

Did you notice they kept a lot of Japanese in this episode?

Ya gotta love the dancing scene at the end. And Team Rocket's close ups while making the movie. I could have sworn they said "TV Land." xD I think they did.

It was nice to see that the Pokemon got a little more screen time in this. It was very nice episode. I enjoyed it much. x3

And I agree, Onpu, they did keep a lot of Japanese in here. I mean, Jessie was eating with chop-sticks at lunch. Awesome. =D

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
This episode was so cute, I was so surprised English Polka Dolka was playing, and the one oringinally sang by Maddie. The dancing was simply so funny, but BAD BAD Pikachu for ruining the set at the end with Volt Tackle.

R_N

Funniest. Filler. Ever.
Bonsly vs. Mime Jr. Battle was funny, I loved the chase sequences, and, of course, Teeter Dance induced Polka Dolka. Deja Vu FTW.

One thing that got me though, was that the actual King & Queen were seriously downplayed. They only appeared abouit 2 times, and only served as a plot device. Don't know why, but it bugged the heck out of me.

YoshiAngemon

Storm Trainer
I'd like to see that Teeter Dance clip on Youtube! either that or some Bo-BoBo AMV, aptly named "Polka-Bo-Dolka!"

NewBrock

Boulder Trainer
Funniest. Filler. Ever.
Bonsly vs. Mime Jr. Battle was funny, I loved the chase sequences, and, of course, Teeter Dance induced Polka Dolka. Deja Vu FTW.

One thing that got me though, was that the actual King & Queen were seriously downplayed. They only appeared abouit 2 times, and only served as a plot device. Don't know why, but it bugged the heck out of me.

I loved this episode. I had such a blast working on it. It's just sheer wackiness and you need that every once in a while.

Quick notes for second viewings:
- Note that my version of King Bonsly is ever so slightly different than Brock's Bonsly. I figured that since King Bonsly is not really a baby that his voice should be a little deeper. It's not tremendously different, but it's there. Making it deeper also gave it more of a regal tone. And after all, he is a king!

- Our crack writing staff noticed that the song was from "gotta dance" and made sure that our music writers left it untouched. Although, I thought the song played was just taken directly from the Japanese.

- If you ever wondered what I sound like in Real Life listen to the director's assistant in this episode. This was a gag that I just HAD to do in this episode. When I discovered that there was a guy dressed up as Bonsly in this episode, I begged to make sure that I could be that guy. To add to the funny I used my regular voice for him and then made sure that I really camped up the "Bonsly!" that he shouts. How perfect is it to voice the guy who acts as Bonsly. It's like some sort of bizarre paradox collapsing in on itself. Wacky fun for everyone.