• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

King & Queen For A Day! (442)

Carter didn't write that episode?

Carter writes all the episodes. At the time he wrote it he had only heard the Japanese track. But since he had written the movie 7 short, he simply made a few jokes on the music. It would seem to me he would have no idea the USA vocal track would've been used by mistake.

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Kuroshi,

I fail to see how posting my predictions based on the first MOMP special (which even the most hardcore supporters thought was abysmal) establishes anything. Even PUSA found it's quality to have been at a level that required a re-dubbing.

There are far more posts where I wish the new cast well, and even posts where I mention I think the new Meowth is okay.

But if you're okay combing through all my posts to find the few negative reactions I had to the first MoMP special in order to paint me unfairly --you have a party with that.

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Carter writes all the episodes. At the time he wrote it he had only heard the Japanese track. But since he had written the movie 7 short, he simply made a few jokes on the music. It would seem to me he would have no idea the USA vocal track would've been used by mistake.

Ahhhh, I see. So someone else wrote the lyrics to "Gotta Dance"? I had always assumed Carter had written them along with the rest of the "Gotta Dance" short. My bad.

They must have mixed the vocal track in after Meowth's lines were recorded for the episode. Hopefully on re-air, CN will use the correct mix of this episode.

Kuroshi

Kuroshi,

I fail to see how posting my predictions based on the first MOMP special (which even the most hardcore supporters thought was abysmal) establishes anything. Even PUSA found it's quality to have been at a level that required a re-dubbing.

There are far more posts where I wish the new cast well, and even posts where I mention I think the new Meowth is okay.

But if you're okay combing through all my posts to find the few negative reactions I had to the first MoMP special in order to paint me unfairly --you have a party with that.

I specifically said it was for the record. If you see your earlier assertions regarding the quality of season 9 as things that paint yourself in an unkind light today, well, that's not really my problem, is it?

Last edited:
Ahhhh, I see. So someone else wrote the lyrics to "Gotta Dance"? I had always assumed Carter had written them along with the rest of the "Gotta Dance" short. My bad.

They must have mixed the vocal track in after Meowth's lines were recorded for the episode. Hopefully on re-air, CN will use the correct mix of this episode.

I'm confused now. Carter did write the lyrics to the song, and the rest of the episode as well. I don't see how that has anything to do with it, other than he must've anticipated that the same music would be used, and knowing that fans were familiar with the song he would make a couple of jokes to reference it. That would have nothing to do with whether the USA Meowth vocal was going to be used or not. The distinctive intro of the song would certainly be enough to trigger anyone's memories.
All I'm saying is the use of your vocal was a mistake on the part of Cartoon Network. That's it. I talked to a TAJ guy last night, and when the script was initially submitted, all anyone had to go on was the Japanese episode with the Japanese Meowth vocal.
Just so you know, there have a been a wealth of technical problems all the way down the line with the video house, including the fact that I was told Carter's writing credit has been left out of about half the episodes so far. Not a good thing. They seem to be good at fixing mistakes so far though, so we'll see...

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
I specifically said it was for the record. If you see your earlier assertions regarding the quality of season 9 as things that paint yourself in an unkind light today, well, that's not really my problem, is it?

I don't at all, there's not a thing I've ever posted that I don't stand by completely. I just think if you are posting 'for the record', you would take care not to just post quotes that paint one side of the picture.

So yes. It is "your' problem.

ijea4444

i pretty much liked this episode. i thought it would be a boring team rocket blast off. where is pikachu. then they spend the entire ep looking for her. but this one was much more better than i thought. i wanted bonsley and mime jr. to give there scarfs to brock and james. but o' well

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
I'm confused now. Carter did write the lyrics to the song, and the rest of the episode as well. I don't see how that has anything to do with it, other than he must've anticipated that the same music would be used, and knowing that fans were familiar with the song he would make a couple of jokes to reference it. That would have nothing to do with whether the USA Meowth vocal was going to be used or not. The distinctive intro of the song would certainly be enough to trigger anyone's memories.
All I'm saying is the use of your vocal was a mistake on the part of Cartoon Network. That's it. I talked to a TAJ guy last night, and when the script was initially submitted, all anyone had to go on was the Japanese episode with the Japanese Meowth vocal.
Just so you know, there have a been a wealth of technical problems all the way down the line with the video house, including the fact that I was told Carter's writing credit has been left out of about half the episodes so far. Not a good thing. They seem to be good at fixing mistakes so far though, so we'll see...

Okay. I was under the impression that TAJ was providing CN fully mixed episodes not shopping work out to an outside video house. Like I say. My bad.

Kuroshi

I don't at all, there's not a thing I've ever posted that I don't stand by completely. I just think if you are posting 'for the record', you would take care not to just post quotes that paint one side of the picture.

So yes. It is "your' problem.

Then why are we having this convosation? If you stand by what you said, and you trust nothing is wrong with it, what does it matter that I only posted "half" of the picture, when you already stated the positive things you have said in regarding the dub first quote in the first post I made in this thread.

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Then why are we having this convosation? If you stand by what you said, and you trust nothing is wrong with it, what does it matter that I only posted "half" of the picture, when you already stated the positive things you have said in regarding the dub first quote in the first post I made in this thread.

I guess because in quoting me out of context, you make it seem as if that's my opinion of Season #9 --when in fact everything you quoted was reflective of my opinion of the first dub version of MMoP.

Kuroshi

I guess because in quoting me out of context, you make it seem as if that's my opinion of Season #9 --when in fact everything you quoted was reflective of my opinion of the first dub version of MMoP.

Seems pretty in context to me, you stated that you had "never said anything negitive" about the new dub. If you meant you hadn't said anything negitive after season 9 started airing, you probably should have said as much. Though, if you still believe and stand by what you said then, it would be double-talk.

Last edited:

maddiejoan

Rising Trainer
Seems pretty in context to me, you stated that you had "never said anything negitive" about the new dub. If you meant you hadn't said anything negitive after season 9 started airing, you probably should have said as much. Though, if you still believe and stand by what you said then, it would be double-talk.

I said "the new show".
Referring to Season #9 :::roll eyes::::

and I don't see where it's double-talk at all

Last edited:

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
OK, that's enough. Any post that doesn't have to do directly with this episode is getting deleted, and the user may, at our discrection, be given a week-long ban.

If you guys want to fight it out about the old dub vs. the new dub, go to the New Voices thread.

SheWhoLovesPineapples

Dogasu said:
OK, that's enough.

Thank you. ^^'

--

Anyway - wow, that was a random episode. No plot, resolution, or logic. Which is why it rocked. :p I cracked up at the ending. As for the "Deja Vu" thing - yay for acknowledging something that happened in a movie.

Does this mean Mime Jr. is a girl?

I want to watch those clips from the ending over and over and over... xP Dancing director, YAY.

"Claydol, Big and Tall" and "Off the Unbeaten Path" were funnier... not as random though. I can't decide which episode is more random - this, or "Wake Up, Snorlax!" Eh... probably this...

I think I've finally gotten used to Ash's new voice...

9/10 - If only the middle was as random as the beginning and ending... then it would get all ten. Ah, well. ^_^

Jorah

What do I put here?
I loved this episode for the completly random ending! I completly wasn't expecting it! I actually laughed. I love that Gotta Dance music. I watched tht scene over and over.

*while everyone dances*
Ash: Brock, you're bumping me a little too hard

I thought that was hilarious

I hope Mime Jr uses Teeter Dance again!

Knight_Ram

I didnt really like this episode. Except for the bit where Jessie attacked the director with a headbutt... Kind of a reminer of the soccer wolrd cup...hehehe! 6/10

YoshiAngemon

Storm Trainer
I didnt really like this episode. Except for the bit where Jessie attacked the director with a headbutt... Kind of a reminer of the soccer wolrd cup...hehehe! 6/10

You mean like getting the birthday telegram from Zinedine Zidane? That was a laugh riot!

TogeticTheRuler

Those three men in those suits chasing them, one of them looked the most cartoon-ish, with that chin and all :D

Knight_Ram

Yeah! That is so true! It was so, funny looking! Lol! I think that this was one of the worst fillers made. It was sort of a Pikachu vacation episode, but You actually get to see Ash's face and stuff.