• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kingdom Hearts Discussion Thread

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
Finally, after so many excruciating years, we have finally gained an official teaser as to what Kingdom Hearts 3 will be like. It also seems that the Walt Disney Animation Studio will be heavily involved with the game too!

Long story short, it's finally in production, what are everybody's thought son it so far?

Last edited:

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
It's been in production since 2013 (possibly earlier). We got some footage during 2013's E3, but we definitely got a lot more in this one.

So...we got Tangled world. That's nice. I'm sure that'll be fun. There's rumors about a Treasure Planet world, so I'm freaking ecstatic if they announce that in the future. I swear, that's the only world I've wanted.

Looks like some limit forms are based off Disney rides...eh, it doesn't make a lot of sense, but it's Kingdom Hearts, so I'm sure they'll make it work.

I'm just nitpicking though- Young Xehanort and Eraqus was pretty cool to see and that animation. OH MY GOSH that animation. So beautiful.

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
When I saw the trailer, I felt like my childhood was complete. It looks like the worlds are going to be large and very explorable.

I'm also glad this game is making progress with development. It would of been a shame if the game just died along the way (like The Last Guardian almost did).

I think that this game will mark the end of Sora's saga and the next Kingdom Hearts will have a new protagonist, as I believe the creator/developer said that their will be more KH games after this.

So yeah...don't know who the 2 kids in the trailer were. (Only played Chain of Memories, KH1 and KH2) So i'm guessing that i'd unfortunately have to play the side games to understand KHIII then?

Akashin

So yeah...don't know who the 2 kids in the trailer were. (Only played Chain of Memories, KH1 and KH2) So i'm guessing that i'd unfortunately have to play the side games to understand KHIII then?

At the very least, Birth By Sleep and 3D are going to be essential for this one. 358/2 might be relevant, but it'll be to a far lesser extent. And yes, the two children are important characters in the grand scheme of things.

I'm pretty sure everything of importance in Re:Coded is either repeated or alluded to in 3D, so that one isn't a big deal.

At the very least, Birth By Sleep and 3D are going to be essential for this one. 358/2 might be relevant, but it'll be to a far lesser extent. And yes, the two children are important characters in the grand scheme of things.

I'm pretty sure everything of importance in Re:Coded is either repeated or alluded to in 3D, so that one isn't a big deal.

Ugh....This is what i get for getting an Xbox 360 instead of a PS3. (Came back into the fold with PS4 though)

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Ugh....This is what i get for getting an Xbox 360 instead of a PS3. (Came back into the fold with PS4 though)

I'm sure KHI.5 and KHII.5 will come to PS4/Xbone someday. It took FFX/X-2 HD about 11 months for the PS4 port to be announced. KHII.5 came out in December, so it's only 6m old. I predict it will be announced at PSX in December.

The two characters are young Xehanort (spiky grey hair) and young Eraqus (wavy black hair). Just like how Roxas looks like Ventus, Xemnas looks like what Xehanort looked like as an adult (before he got old and went bald of course). I wonder who'll voice Master Xehanort now that Leonard Nimoy has unfortunately passed away?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Can't wait to see the game finished in 10+ years assuming there are no delays.

I think that this game will mark the end of Sora's saga and the next Kingdom Hearts will have a new protagonist, as I believe the creator/developer said that their will be more KH games after this.

I wouldn't bet on it, I've seen protagonist have their sagas dragged out to a ridiculous degree.

Would love to wrong though!

Akashin

Nomura has already said the exact opposite will happen, that Sora will continue to lead the charge beyond the Xehanort Saga. Granted that was years ago that he said that, so who knows what plans have/haven't changed since.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Can't wait to see the game finished in 10+ years assuming there are no delays.

I wouldn't bet on it, I've seen protagonist have their sagas dragged out to a ridiculous degree.

Would love to wrong though!
Switched to Unreal Engine 4, and Nomura gone. This and FFXV will finally both release on 2016... I hope. 2016 would not only mark 10 years since FF versus XIII was first announced, but only mark 10 years since KHII came out in the west.

Nomura has already said the exact opposite will happen, that Sora will continue to lead the charge beyond the Xehanort Saga. Granted that was years ago that he said that, so who knows what plans have/haven't changed since.
Nomura's gone, he went to do FFVIIR. Nomura's original vision for FFvsXIII got thrown away when he left FFXV, but hopefully that's not the case with KHIII.

Akashin

Nomura's gone, he went to do FFVIIR. Nomura's original vision for FFvsXIII got thrown away when he left FFXV, but hopefully that's not the case with KHIII.

Is he gone from Kingdom Hearts entirely, or just stepping away from KH3? I assumed it was the latter. If his leave is permanent after all, fair enough.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Kingdom Hearts III! Yay! I always love hearing news about this game. I won't be able to play it until I get a PS4, but I'm working on it. It's been so long. I remember playing KH 1 and 2 all the way back in 2007 for the first time. And while the spin off games have been good I craved KH III. Seeing the new trailer with a Tangled world got me very excited. As for KH beyond KH III. If they replace Sora or keep him I'm okay with either choice. I'd love to keep seeing Sora but a new Keyblade hero would also be welcome from me. So either way I'm good. Right now I'm more excited about Kingdom Hearts 3 then what comes after. I'll think about that when KH III is out. The new footage really got me excited.

Red and Blue

Anyone else get the impression that the chess match between Eraqus and Xehanort foreshadowed the 7 lights vs the 13 darknesses at the climax of KH3?

If you look closely during the trailer, the heads of the chees pieces resemble the symbols of some of the potential canidates

Akashin

Anyone else get the impression that the chess match between Eraqus and Xehanort foreshadowed the 7 lights vs the 13 darknesses at the climax of KH3?

If you look closely during the trailer, the heads of the chees pieces resemble the symbols of some of the potential canidates

Here is a post that does a good job of showing the chess pieces.

I doubt we can specifically get any hints about how KH3 will go down from their match (or at least not from what little we've seen of it), but it is definitely foreshadowing.

Also, it stands to reason that the chess set they're using in this trailer is the same one Sora comes across in that footage shown at the fan event back in December.

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Which worlds do you think we're getting this time around?

For returning:
Colosseum
Atlantica (for the lolz)
Agrabah

New:
Tangled
Toy Story
Aristocats

Just to name a few.

Red and Blue

Here is a post that does a good job of showing the chess pieces.

I doubt we can specifically get any hints about how KH3 will go down from their match (or at least not from what little we've seen of it), but it is definitely foreshadowing.

Also, it stands to reason that the chess set they're using in this trailer is the same one Sora comes across in that footage shown at the fan event back in December.

Thanks for the image.

For returning:
Colosseum
Atlantica (for the lolz)
Agrabah

New:
Tangled
Toy Story
Aristocats

Just to name a few.

I'd be very surprised if Frozen didn't show up given the film's huge popularity. I also would like to see Robin Hood for new and Symphony of Sorcerey with the 2000 segments for returning

Akashin

For returning:
Colosseum
Atlantica (for the lolz)
Agrabah

New:
Tangled
Toy Story
Aristocats

Just to name a few.

Twilight Town seems to be returning and I would be highly surprised if Radiant Garden doesn't. Like Red and Blue said Frozen seems like an obvious choice, as well.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Twilight Town seems to be returning and I would be highly surprised if Radiant Garden doesn't. Like Red and Blue said Frozen seems like an obvious choice, as well.

I didn't even notice Twilight Town, nice catch!

If done right I could see myself having some fun with the Frozen world.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
As long as Frozen doesn't end up as a singing world (I'm looking at you KHII Atlantica) I'll be fine.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
As long as Frozen doesn't end up as a singing world (I'm looking at you KHII Atlantica) I'll be fine.

And it probably will be seeing as the film is most remembered for it's music.