• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kingdom Hearts Discussion Thread

Red and Blue

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I have a question and don't take this the wrong way...but...

Why didn't they just go straight to three after Kingdom Hearts 2? Like why did they make all these games with dumb titles with fractions and decimals? Do not use fractions in a game's title!
Either there were too many loose threads, Nomura wanted to make things complicated, development hell, or he actually kept toying with the numbered sequel by literally releasing it in 13 years to make it meaningful.

Red and Blue

Either there were too many loose threads, Nomura wanted to make things complicated, development hell, or he actually kept toying with the numbered sequel by literally releasing it in 13 years to make it meaningful.
I dont see how KH2 left any loose threads. KH1, Chain of memories, and KH2 tell a complete story. KH3 if anything is a sequel to the storylines introduced in the handheld titles.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I dont see how KH2 left any loose threads. KH1, Chain of memories, and KH2 tell a complete story. KH3 if anything is a sequel to the storylines introduced in the handheld titles.
Read his quote:

Why didn't they just go straight to three after Kingdom Hearts 2?
Keyword: straight.

There was Chain of Memories before 2 released, but it didn't explain what the deal was with the Lingering Will, what kind of people Organization XIII were like before, how was Hollow Bastion depicted before it turned into a town in the middle of a nightmarish landscape, and some other things.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
In this game specifically? You'll see. It's amazingly bad.

That's not even the worst part. I liked the game (part of the reason could be that it's a guilty pleasure for me since I've played every other game in the series), but hoo boy does the narrative have some major issues. Also some aesthetic choices for certain characters are, shall we say, nonsensical.

For instance, the first thirty hours of the game are Sora going from world to world to try and gain the Power of Waking that he was allegedly supposed to get in DDD (NOTE that I say ALLEGEDLY). I will give them props for NOT making him a Keyblade Master offscreen like the original plan was. Had they done that, I probably would've quit the series.

During your time at the various worlds, you get interlude scenes that seem important, but are amounted to characters essentially repeating themselves and explaining things that either happen offscreen in the Disney worlds, or things that happened in previous games that Sora conveniently forgot about.

The whole time, everyone's telling Sora that he can't go to the Realm of Darkness until he gains the Power of Waking. This scene where they tell him to do this is repeated numerous times in the game, making it appear to be some major important thing since it's emphasized. And when he finally learns how to get the Power of Waking (spoiler: he had it the whole time and just forgot how to use it, somehow), it turns out that you had to go to the Realm of Darkness in the first place anyway, making the visits to the Disney worlds and everything else they told him to do completely pointless.

The only parts of the plot that advance the narrative of the series in any major way are the plot points in Twilight Town and the stuff that happens in the last act, and MAYBE one or two scenes between worlds, which only amount to bad things happen to Aqua that you then abruptly fix, and Riku gets a new Keyblade that... is honestly the stupidest looking Keyblade I've ever seen in the entire series. It makes the Gunblade from FFVIII look tame in comparison. The scene you first see it in is supposed to be a serious scene. But instead of evoking the emotion that you're supposed to feel, it instead makes you laugh at how silly it looks.

Last edited:

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Winnie the Pooh is one of my favorite series. I was super disappointed when they reduced it to 3 super short Mini Games in KH3

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Winnie the Pooh is one of my favorite series. I was super disappointed when they reduced it to 3 super short Mini Games in KH3

I still don't understand why they even put it in the game if they were just going to halfass it.

Red and Blue

Some tidbits Nomura dropped from Ultimania
1. DLC is coming with critical mode and story expansion. One of which will focus on how Xion came back.
2. There is a reason Demyx disappeared at the end.
3. The card Luxord have Sora will come in handy at some point
4. Nomura was planning to delve in Xehanort's past prior to KH3, but that idea was eventually shelved
5. Because of the characters and story there wasn't any room for the Final Fantasy cameos.
6. There will be a game before KH4
7. The Hooded man shown in the secret ending is indeed the Master of Masters.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I'm going to take a wild guess I'm late to the party but I couldn't help but love this little theory. If it's proven true, that's great. But if it's proven untrue, it would be hilarious to look back on some of the comments on this theory. There's one saying "Demyx is a genius because he's acting like an idiot" but I couldn't help but think, there's possibility he is an idiot so it would be nostalgically funny if this theory was proven untrue.

5kkn1jshrlj21.jpg

Pic comparisons posted by Prynaa

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

I dunno, he might actually be onto something here.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I hope some of the DLC is helping Woody and friends finally reunite with the other Toys and Andy.

Felt like the something was missing after the Final boss.

"We found out our world is split in two. lets go home and wait for it to fix itself"

Red and Blue

Kingdom Hearts is getting a Rhythem game. Memories of Melody.

And its connected to the plot

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I mean hey. The Persona dancing games apparently sell, why not try it?

Seeing as it's also on Switch and is canon, I guess the HD remasters and III are coming soon? They ported Witches 3 which looks like crud, but it works. So porting III is 100% doable and they know it.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
KHIV has been announced. The Keyblade has a sort of grappling hook feature which is a clear indicator we're going to Gravity Falls. /s

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Can't wait to finally play the game in 5 years from now.

If we're lucky.