• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
o_O

You can block those?

I just kept using Dodge Roll. Worked even better since it avoided the barrel attack.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
Heh, yeah. Blocking reflects the archers' shots back at them, killing them. They respawn a while later, but it does take away a lot of the annoyance factor of the fight.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Oh.

I thought you couldn't kill them after I revisited the fight with Thundaga.

Wow, that would have made the battle so much easier. And it was already easy.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
My strategy for the fight was rather simple.

1) Run up and hit it.
2) Dodge Roll.
3) Hit it.
4) Dodge Roll.
5) Hit the weird glowy thing.
6) Run like hell to the other side of the area and start Dodge Rolling.
7) Remember to cast Cure if absolutely necessary for a quick invulnerability period.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
I only started using a FAQ at the end of the game when I needed to 100% everything.

The game was pretty straightforward.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
There's not loving, and then there's not being a couple, but I never said anything about them not liking each other. It's damn obvious that Kairi is obsessed with Sora, even going out of her way to push Riku out of the picture to be with him. Hence her comment about her and Sora going away off the island without Riku. Kind of being a jerk really, just to single out Sora.

I wo't say they don't like each other. They've been best friends since childhood, why wouldn't they like each others? Kairi obviously relates to Sora much more than Riku, and barely even pays mind to him most of the time. Who else was there? Sora just sees her as a friend, and when he just assumes she's safe and was more worried about Riku in KH2, he more often than not just forgot about her.

Nomura even confirmed that he likes to keep the pairings up to the imaginations of the players. Therefore nothing is canon; Sora and Kairi were just destined to be the token male and female main characters, and to be paired up regardless of what evidence is presented. SoKai, SoNami, and SoRiku can all easily been seen as canon, but nothing is official until two characters are clearly "together" because of what he's claimed.

Before fading away on Destiny Islands when the darkness swallows it up, she lingers towards Sora, extending her hand before the darkness forces her into Sora. Throughout the game, Sora has become a vessel for Kairi's heart, probably because she knew he would protect her.

Sora was the only person there, keep in mind. You could have stuck Riku or anyone else there and the same thing would have happened. Kairi's heart just needed a vessel.

In the ending sequence to the first Kingdom Hearts, she is genuinely moved to tears after seeing that Sora had made the drawing of him extending a Paopu Fruit to her in their Secret place.
After that, she draws herself giving him a paopu fruit.

Said obsessiveness.

Throughout Chain of Memories, though she doesn't physically appear, her image spurred Sora on and even Naminé said that she was "the one he truly cared for" when she apologized for re-writing his memories of her.

Riku says to Xion that Kairi is someone very special to Sora.

Riku is someone very special too. She's he's second greatest friend.

She wouldn't go to the small island until she remembered everything about Sora.

Because through forgetting Sora, and Riku not being there, what reason did she have to return to it?

It is telling that, while everyone remembers Riku, Kairi is the only person to retain any kind of memory of Sora, even if it is only that she has forgotten him.

Their hearts were connected, with her's being inside his. Sora forgot everything and others forgot him because of the tampering with his heart, which would happen to be his entire being at the time, being a Heartless. Probably has to do with that connection.

Almost immediately after her communication with Roxas, she sent adrift to sea a letter she wrote for Sora the day before.

Because she had a better memory of him, through Roxas. She was just latching onto that memory.

When trying to escape with Naminé and asked by Saïx if she wanted to see Sora, she replies "I do, more than anything."

She forgot about him for a year and just now managed to get this close to him, while feeling like she caused trouble. Anyone would want to see him in that situation to apologize and for hellos.

When they reunite, Kairi quickly runs over and hugs Sora to make sure that he is really there.

And then Sora is like "wtf" and goes to Riku, whom he really only cares about at the moment.

Shortly after, if a player talks with Kairi, she says "I wanted to see you so badly. I missed you so much!" to Sora.

Again; of course she missed him so much, under the circumstances.

Sora became visibly flustered and embarrassed when Riku said that the winner of their race would share a paopu fruit with Kairi, and gave Riku a dirty look afterwards.

He's a kid. Relationship implications would make anyone that age act wierd.

He draws himself giving her a Paopu fruit in their Secret Cave, which is a symbol between lovers on their world. (Only it's not last time I checked, but destinies intertwined is still something pretty big)

He was upset he lost to Riku, and drawing the fruit was a way of showing his superiority to him, in his own mind.

He willingly stabbed himself with the Keyblade of People's Hearts to release Kairi's heart, despite knowing the cost of his choice.

Did he know the actual cost? Of course he wanted to save her, but once that Xehanort was gone there at least wouldn't be the threat of the Princesses being assembled coming to hurt him. Here's thing thing; look at all Sora had in front of him:

-Sora lost Riku to Maleficent, to the Darkness, and then to Xehanort's Heartless.
-Kairi is still in a coma.
-The Princesses are still trapped in Darkness.
-The Keyhole to Darkness is about to go out of control and take the known universe with it.
-And the Darkness just keeps getting stronger and stronger.

Sora failed his duty as a Keyblade master an knew it. He was willing to sacrifice himself to fix all of that.

Upon being restored by Kairi from his Heartless form, Sora tenderly embraces and thanks her.

I'd hug her too.

In Riku's story of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, a cutscene shows Larxene telling Naminé that her work will eventually make Sora forget about Kairi. Naminé states, however, that his feelings for her will only grow stronger.

Because Namine's work is subsequently making him want to find her more, and Sora will keep wanted to find the woman in his heart- Namine. Namine couldn't make Sora want to find her (Namine) though, just replace memories and fabricate a couple things. Sora's feelings towards Namine would grow stronger because of her work, not because of his feelings towards Kairi.

Ooh splitting this juicy one up.

When Naminé admits that she and Sora were never friends, Sora sadly replies, "We were never anything... more than that, either";

This seems to look a lot more like a confession of caring more towards Namine. Memories were fake, feelings were real.

as Sora's memories of Kairi had been replaced with false ones of Naminé, his feelings for Kairi had effectively transferred to Naminé. (Although this one is kind of debatable)

As I've said, while it's true that the initial feelings and memories to base those on went over to Namine, there are obvious different feelings that he ended up having for her, the he got upon seeing Namine's situation and even saying how his feelings were true.

In Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Xion takes Kairi's form because of Sora's strong feelings for her. (Only replace "feelings" with 'Sora's memories of Kairi were the strongest")

She acted as part of his motivation in KH1, and Xion was apparently made of his memories of Kairi. Which is why she's so strong.

He blushes after seeing Will and Elizabeth hug in Port Royal, thinking of Kairi. Donald and Goofy notice this and tease him, and he covers his face in embarrassment.

Sora is abnormally hormonal throughout that game, like when he pictures himself dancing with Kairi. It's his wierd way of dealing with the romance in the air.

He becomes deeply saddened when he hears of Kairi's kidnapping by Axel and blames himself for allowing it to happen.

Because it was his fault?

During the Heartless Invasion of Hollow Bastion, Sora gets down on his knees and begs Saïx to take him to Kairi. Beforehand, Saïx asked "Is she that important to you?" and Sora replied "Yeah, more than anything."

Even though Sora had virtually lost eveyr lead and every source of information he could have had on finding any friend. This one person comes up and offers him just something, in this case Kairi. He'd be crazy not to take it. He was hysterical over losing everything at this point.

She is frequently identified as his most important person, and his light.

Kairi is such a replaceable character- a passive love interest, with those views though.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
For over half of those, note I stated I bolded the ones that had any actual importance. Due to this, I'm only responding to the comments you made on the bolded ones.

Said obsessiveness.

It's obsessive to respond to a declaration of a wish to intertwine destinies with a tearful 'yes'.

Wat.

Also, note that there are plenty of interactions between Kairi and Riku, it's just that I posted the ones between Kairi and Sora because that's what the debate is about.

Riku is someone very special too. She's he's second greatest friend.

You're going to have to elaborate here. Are you saying that Kairi is Sora's second greatest friend and that Riku is his greatest? Because if so, you're going to have to show some proof.

Their hearts were connected, with her's being inside his. Sora forgot everything and others forgot him because of the tampering with his heart, which would happen to be his entire being at the time, being a Heartless. Probably has to do with that connection.

That's kind of a big stretch right there. And even if it's true, the fact is that as you stated their hearts are connected. That's kind of hard to do if they don't show any affection at all considering how we've seen the Disney couples work with hearts.

She forgot about him for a year and just now managed to get this close to him, while feeling like she caused trouble. Anyone would want to see him in that situation to apologize and for hellos.

Yeah, sure, why not.

He was upset he lost to Riku, and drawing the fruit was a way of showing his superiority to him, in his own mind.

What?

Now you're just pulling stuff out of your ***.

Because Namine's work is subsequently making him want to find her more, and Sora will keep wanted to find the woman in his heart- Namine. Namine couldn't make Sora want to find her (Namine) though, just replace memories and fabricate a couple things. Sora's feelings towards Namine would grow stronger because of her work, not because of his feelings towards Kairi.

Ooh splitting this juicy one up.

I think you kind of completely forgot about Sora's character.

See, Sora prioritizes his friends beyond anything else. And, as he quite frankly stated to Marluxia at the end of the game, he didn't care that Namine wasn't actually his friend or that she basically piggybacked on Kairi's memories to get closer to his heart faster. Namine was his friend as far as knew, and he didn't care if it was false; he would protect her. Because she's his friend.

This seems to look a lot more like a confession of caring more towards Namine. Memories were fake, feelings were real.[/qupte]

Wait, what?

Namine tells Sora that she was never friends with him, and Sora responds they were also never anything above friends.

How the hell is that a confession of caring?

As I've said, while it's true that the initial feelings and memories to base those on went over to Namine, there are obvious different feelings that he ended up having for her, the he got upon seeing Namine's situation and even saying how his feelings were true.

Yeah, if by obvious differences you mean "abandoned Goofy and Donald to chase after her", sure. And as I posted earlier, this part was debatable.

She acted as part of his motivation in KH1, and Xion was apparently made of his memories of Kairi. Which is why she's so strong.

No, Xion is just made out of Sora's memories total. It's just that because his memories of Kairi were the strongest out of all of them that Xion looked like her. Really, the game says this to you. And by your logic Xion should also look like Riku.

Even though Sora had virtually lost eveyr lead and every source of information he could have had on finding any friend. This one person comes up and offers him just something, in this case Kairi. He'd be crazy not to take it. He was hysterical over losing everything at this point.

Here's the scene.

You're kinda sorta making things up now. Sora consciously chose to bow. He was not hysterical.

Kairi is such a replaceable character- a passive love interest, with those views though.

Well, yeah. you can replace Kairi with another character that goes through all the same things, has the same relationship with Sora and Riku, and does all the same actions.

Thing is, you'd end up with a renamed Kairi.

Surfing_Pikachu

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
Infernal Engine? That thing was the hardest boss in the game besides Xion. I beat it with literally a sliver of health thanks to some quick thinking and the limit break. It was intense -_-

I swear that the Limit Break has saved me more times than I can count. During the Xion fight I was luck enough to get a limit - just in time for her curing act, and was able to stop it. It was awesome! It also helped me in the Riku fight, and the Saix fight. I really didn't think I was going to survive the Saix fight, but got really lucky and pulled off a Limit Break. Good times! :D

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
That's the thing about Story mode; even if you suck at timing blocks and Dodge Roll, the limit break is disgustingly powerful and spammable enough to the point where you can't lose to anything but the Ruler of the Sky (well, until he reaches his second phase anyways. Then you can spam Limits.)

And to ~Sirnight~, if you read this, let's just stop the debate. It's dangerously (if not already) close to a shipping debate. Let's just end it with "I don't agree with you, you don't agree with me".

Last edited:

Electivirus

Not really, no.
I want to be a troll and just yell out, "ROXAS X AXEL OTP" at the top of my lungs, but I just can't bring myself to do it...

O WAI-

Anyway, how do you get ahold of the Haste (2) panel?

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
There is no Haste (2) panel.

There is a Haste (3) panel.

Start grinding crowns and challenge sigils. You'll eventally get them. Eventually.

Do you get anything for beating the game on higher difficulties? Or does the difficulty merely determine how far you get in the game before you want to break your DS in two?

Surfing_Pikachu

That's the thing about Story mode; even if you suck at timing blocks and Dodge Roll, the limit break is disgustingly powerful and spammable enough to the point where you can't lose to anything but the Ruler of the Sky (well, until he reaches his second phase anyways. Then you can spam Limits.)
Ya, I would have to agree 100%. The limit break has saved me many many times where I really shouldn't have won, although none as dramatic as the one I spoke of above. Especially since later you can get multiple limits and the Final Limit (name?) to increase the spammy goodness. However, I would highly suggest you play KHI, or just bump this game up to proud. Either way I can guarantee you'll be doing some overleveling.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
The official name of all the Limits is posted on the bottom of the first page.

Anyway, there wasn't actually that much grinding in Proud; Limit Break abuse is still as effective as ever, especially with the whole infinite continues thing.

pokemaster394

JESUS FREAK
I made it all the way to the end against Xion. I think I died like what, 5 times facing her? Damn, she's tough! But I did make it to the final battle against Riku. I must say, despite beating the game so quickly, I loved going through Roxas's life as Organization 13's 13th member. It was awesome! Plus the return of Utada Hikaru's Sanctuary made it all the more worth getting.