• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

Jegretis

<---My fave PKMN
So anyways, this is about the new KH game for the DS. I just got it, and it is AWSOME! I'm surprised that it got an 8, when personally, I think it should've gotten at least an 8.5.....

The graphics are good as DS graphics can go, and the gameplay is original, just the regular kingdom hearts. The ony, difference is there is no MP bar.

SO what do you guys think of the game?

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Got it. Beat it. Haven't picked it up since.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Same as Clamps.

Man, the game is pretty boring single player.

It's freaking easy too; my first ever 3D KH game, and I started on Proud mode and easily cleared it.

The lack of an MP bar is frustrating though.

As others have said, it's easy as fuck.

It's got some replay value in Holo-Missions but there's little incentive to beat them because all you really get from it is unlocking King Mickey and Sora for multiplayer, neither of which are that great.

Good if you want something to keep you occupied for a week or so, or if you're going on a huge trip and you need something to do on the plane/car ride/whatever, but otherwise its not that great.

Got the game on Boxing Day, and here's what I thought...

Pros

Graphics are among the best on DS. (Both in-game and FMV)

Voice acting. (Not all of it good)

Same abilities from KH1. (Dodge roll, gliding ect)

Innovitive pannel system. (Although you start with few pannels it's easy to unlock more)

Cons

Many worlds rehashed from KH1. (Twilight Town has been reduced in size and yet it's still the biggest world in the game)

Magic system is frustrating. (Instead of an MP bar you can only use as many spells as you have the corresponding panel)

Combat is simple (But then the same could be said for all KH games)

Expected it to be longer. (Dispite having 358 Days in the title, sometimes the game will jump ahead an entire week)

In all I'd give it a 8 out of 10. By no means the best game on the DS, but you could do a lot worse for your money.

Last edited:

Cyan

Mortal
Pros

- Damn fine looking FMVs when they appear
- Everything out of Xigbar's mouth
- Christopher ****ing Lee
- Controls are easy to pick up
- The joke weapons. Seriously, Saix has a freaking banana and Zexion has a sandvich
- Axel and Saix get character developement
- The designs of some Hertless bosses are cool (Antlion and Infernal Engine come to mind)

Cons

- It's short
- Some enemies are annoying as hell (<Color> <Musical term> are the big offenders)
- Xion's backstory gets very confusing
- Boss fights can drag out (Infernal Engine again)
- Leveling up can get frustrating
- Axel and Saix get character developement. This is a con because they're the only ones to do so (Xemnas plays the same role from KHII, Xigbar has the best lines but only one truely noteworthy scene, Xaldin's just an *******, Vexen through Zexion all die offscreen, Demyx is lazy and tries to bribe you to do his missions, Luxord just turns out to be the only completely decent person, and Marluxia and Larxene both die, though they aren't as nasty as they were in COM)
- The mission where you have to beat a boss with a stick. Really.

Surfing_Pikachu

I thought this and BBS were both side projects to tide people over til KH3?

Anyway, I can never play this game again well until I get a new DS Lite with working shoulder buttons... x_x

Pokemon-Dratini

cutes.u.2.death >: )
well i never really even thought about buying it b/c i usually dont like these types of games, but i got it and i really really like it, it was very easy, and short but i liked it and ive beaten a few times, the only thing that annoyed me was the way xion comes back like 6 times

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Looking back, I think the thing that frustrated and weirded me out the most in this game was the spells themselves.

Having seen the other KH games, I logically expected this game to do something similar; in other words, Cure heals you on the spot, Cura is a better heal on the spot, and Curaga is the best heal on the spot.

Instead... we got Cure healing you on the spot, Cura giving you regen, and Curaga setting up a useless Regeneration field that was too small to effectively use (especially in flying missions).

What annoyed me most is what they did to my favorite spell, Thunder; the first releases a line of bolts toward the target (which is pretty much useless and easy to avoid), the second fires off random bolts of lightning, and only the third actually just drops a huge lightning bolt on the target.

The only spell set I found to work easily was Firaga, Blizzara, Cure, Thundaga, and Aeroga.

Also, the Limit Breaks. The only ones I found useful were Roxas, Xion, and maybe Riku's.

The others are just plain frustrating to use, especially DW Roxas, whose beam from the heavens spam attack may look cool and do a lot of damage, but it barely ever hits.

Cyan

Mortal
Actually, Larxene's Limit is pretty useful if you know what you're aiming for, same goes for Xemnas if you get the Final Limit panel.

I just love how Leechgrave is apparently immune to all forms of magic.

Speaking of joke weapons, how exactly do you unlock them?

Get 15 challenge sigils, then talk to the Moogle

Surfing_Pikachu

Anyway, I can never play this game again well until I get a new DS Lite with working shoulder buttons... x_x
Eh, not exactly. I remember somewhere Nomura stated that BBS was going to be the "main" entry in this trio of games. And it's a legitimate installment, too. Like how COM was. It held many important parts of the story and was probably not just there to tide people over.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Actually, Larxene's Limit is pretty useful if you know what you're aiming for, same goes for Xemnas if you get the Final Limit panel.

I admit, Larxene's could be useful.. if she did more damage.

As for Xemnas, not really. I mean, if it's what I remember it is (two laser beams from the hand), Xemnas is too slow to really effectively use it.

I just love how Leechgrave is apparently immune to all forms of magic.

I just hate how the enemies surrounding him **** up your camera.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
I thought this was a great game. Obviously had some of the best graphics It had its problems, however such as:

Long bossfights that you have to take on your own (mainly just for healing purposes)

The music/color enemies. Especially the ones that keep teleporting when you try to attack them (I can't quite remember its name)

Just some of the missions. The few in the World that Never Was are quite difficult.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
The missions in TWTNW are pretty easy if you equip Dodge Roll and Block.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
The missions in TWTNW are pretty easy if you equip Dodge Roll and Block.

Ahh, didn't think of that! I wish I would've used those moves during the break the jars missions. Evil Samurai Nobodies!

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Out of absolute boredom, and an attempt to get some discussion going, I'm going to be rating every single Limit.

Every character is at level 80, equipped with Zero Gear with three Ability Units on it. Ultima Weapon and rings are not equipped. The only reason the characters are at Level 80 are for convenience; mission mode enemies are too strong otherwise.

I'm going to use the Limits in two cases; single enemy (against Anti Riku) and against mob (against the Neo Shadows directly before Anti Riku).

Now, let's start.

King Mickey - Holy
Phrase: "Gotta win!"
Limit: Strikes one foe with a beam of light from the sky.
Final Limit: Releases a much larger version of the normal limit.
Notes: Hold A to charge up the limit to release a bigger beam. To use Final Limit you must charge beam up to max. Can not be used on far away foes.
Against Mob: 1/5
Against One: 4/5
Comments: Since it only hits one enemy until you use the Final Limit (which you have to charge anyways), it's useless against mobs. Against one person however, it's actually very powerful and very useful. Unfortunately, you have to be up close to use it effectively, so....

Sora - Ragnarok
Phrase: "Light!"
Limit: Sora fires a Ragnarok. Three small energy beams move towards targets, though one usually just goes up off the screen.
Final Limit: Sora fires a Ragnarok. Four small energy beams are clustered together and launched.
Notes: The Final Limit can go through enemies and becomes faster.
Against Mob: 2/5
Against One: 3/5
Comments: What happened to Ragnarok? Xion's version was much better then this crap. It has its uses I guess, but you're much better off using Sora's Dream Sword attack combo.

Donald - Fantasia
Phrase: "Watch this!" (Or rather "Wawth thiths!")
Limit: Fireworks explode in front of Donald.
Final Limit: Fireworks explode around Donald.
Notes: None.
Against Mob: 3/5
Against One: 2/5
Comments: It's... um... okay I guess....

Goofy - Teamwork
Phrase: "You've made me mad!"
Limit: Goofy flies foward and strikes a nearby enemy with an uppercut. Hold A to charge level two to make him go farther.
Final Limit: Goofy flies very far forward in an invincible state . This is the third charge level. Can be steered.
Notes: Goofy's Final Limit stops as soon as you directly hit something.
Against Mob: 1/5
Comments: It's pretty much useless in mobs due to the whole only hitting one enemy at a time thing. Okay one on one, but the damage is nothing to brag about.

Riku -Darkstrom (sic)
Phrase: "You can't stop it."
Limit: Riku flies forward a short distance. Auto aimed in the direction of the nearest enemy. It's basically Sonic Blade.
Final Limit: Riku's weapon is engulfed in a large blue aura (reminds me of Lionheart). Press A to do a short combo, then again to fly forwards.
Notes: None.
Against Mob: 5/5
Against One: 5/5
Comments: Wow, how did I miss this? This move is quite frankly awesome, and it makes Riku good even without Way to Dawn's awesome special ability.

Xemnas - All-Vanity
Phrase: "You're an eyesore!"
Limit: Surrounds self in a Barrier. Ram into foes to deal damage.
Final Limit: Releases two lasers from both hands. Barrier is still active. You can use the D-pad to somewhat aim the lasers.
Notes: During Final Limit, movement speed is miniscule; you probably won't even get to move. You can not go through enemies.
Comments: Against a mob you can just charge around, but against one enemy you'll run into the issue of Xemnas's mobility (or rather, lack of it) during his Final Limit. Also, it doesn't seem to be very strong.

Xigbar - Critical Snipe
Phrase: "Had your fun?"
Limit: Combines Gunarrows together and fires. Xigbar can not move, but you can turn him around to aim.
Final Limit: Fires a large energy sphere. Has noticable recoil.
Notes: Does not subtract from Xigbar's ammo.
Comments: Unlike Xigbar's normal attacks, you can actually use this from long range. However, the recoil of the final limit can push you against the wall, where the camera will proceed to **** you up. Incidentally, the shots are blockable. It does nice damage, but you can't really effectively snipe with it.

Xaldin - Dragoon Storm
Phrase: "No" *I can't understand anything after this*
Limit: Xaldin spins his lances around him. Basically, it's a stronger Aeroga.
Final Limit: Xaldin jumps and crashes down on top of the nearest enemy.
Notes: Xaldin's jump auto target has mediocre range. You won't be able to do it from across the screen, but you really shouldn't have to do that anyways.
Comments: Xaldin can not move during his normal limit. That's kind of a problem if you miss, especially if there's only one enemy. It's great for clearing out mobs though.

Vexen - Diamond Dust
Phrase: "You're too much trouble!"
Limit: Vexen releases three large snowflakes in front of him. After a certain distance, they turn into ice pillars. Has noticable recoil.
Final Limit: Vexen summons a glacier under the foe a set distance away.
Notes: Oddly enough, you can't actually use the Final Limit on foes that are too close to you.
Comments: It's decent against mobs I suppose, but the recoil makes it kind of hard to hit one enemy during the normal limit. The Final Limit also kind of sucks.

Lexaeus - Ayers Rock
Phrase: I'll crush you!"
Limit: Lexaeus spins around to deal damage to nearby enemies. Hold A and charge to release a shockwave while you spin.
Final Limit: Lexaeus jumps into the air and hits a nearby enemy with a giant rock sword.
Notes: The Final Limit can not be used unless you hold A until there is a noticable difference in Lexaeus's battle aura.
Against Mob: 2/5
Against One: 1/5
Comments: It's really too slow to use, and Lexaeus's Y-combo does far better damage.

Zexion - Meteor Mirage
Phrase: "You brought it upon yourself!"
Limit: Zexion rises in the air and rains small meteors in front of him.
Final Limit: The meteors move faster now, sometimes land behind Zexion, and generally hit a more focused area.
Notes: The meteors are random. Zexion can slowly move.
Comments: The normal limit is pretty crappy, but the final limit is actually pretty good, as the meteors now somewhat aim. Very powerful. However, the move is useless if the enemy is behind you, or too far away.

Saix - Berserk
Phrase: "You're" *I can't understand anything after this*
Limit: Saix starts rapidly moving forward while slash the area in front of him. Press A to have him do a jumping attack.
Final Limit: Press A to have Saix jump up and release an aura around him to deal damage.
Notes: Hard to steer. Your best bet is to press A, then hold the direction you want to go.
Comments: It's wonderful against mobs, but crap if there's only one person.

Axel - Explosion
Phrase: "Don't say I didn't warn you."
Limit: Axel engulfs one of his chakrams in flame and throws it at an enemy. An explosion occurs afterwards.
Final Limit: Axel engulfs both of his chakrams in flame and throws it at an enemy. A large explosion hitting the surrounding area occurs afterwards.
Notes: As always, there is a set distance limit to where Axel can aim. Also, Axel can not move for a short while after his Final Limit.
Comments: Eh, it's a pretty decent limit, but the short time where Axel can not move after his final limit basically gives you three uses max, and that's only if you're at 1 HP.

Demyx - Wave Gigs
Phrase: "Pipe down and listen."
Limit: Press A to release a water pillar that shoots from underground in front of Demyx.
Final Limit: Mash A to release multiple water pillars before ending in an explosion.
Notes: Demyx can kind of move during this. You have to press A in time with the white flashes to do anything spectacular.
Comments: It's decent, but Demyx is too slow to really effectively use it. Try and pin the foe against a wall I guess.

Luxord - Jackpot
Phrase: "Let's even up the deck."
Limit: A card appears before Luxord. It flashes between a 'X' and another symbol. Press A to stop it. 'X' will result in the card exploding and forcing Luxord back, the other symbol will rain two beams of light on the enemy.
Final Limit: Two cards appear before Luxord. Two 'X's do the same as one 'X', a red symbol and the other symbol from the normal Limit still rains down two beams of light, and two red symbols rains down 4-5 beams of light, with the last being larger.
Notes: The move is canceled if your limit bar runs out.
Against Mob: ?/5
Against One: ?/5
Comments: This just really depends at how good your hand eye coordination is.

Marluxia - Bloom-Out
Phrase: "Sink into the darkness!"
Limit: A black circle appears underneath Marluxia. It eventually flashes pink, then disappears. Press A once to make Marluxia spin his scythe around repeatedly.
Final Limit: Same thing, only now Marluxia teleports to an enemy before attacking.
Notes: Pressing A when the black circle turns pink can apparently cause instant death to weaker enemies. Not sure though.
Against Mob: 4/5
Comments: Eh, it's okay. Once again, the whole being forced to wait thing limits your use of this.

Larxene - Voltic Rush
Phrase: You're getting on my nerves!
Limit: Mash A and watch Larxene go.
Final Limit: Press A to cause Larxene to shoot forward engulfed in electricity.
Notes:
Comments: It's kind of weak. I mean, if there was a combo meter in this game it would be great, but it's just not strong enough. At least on bosses; it's great against enemies. I do admit it was better then I thought though.

Roxas/Xion - Event Horizon
Phrase: "You're finished!"/"I can't give in!"
Limit: Press A to rapidly attack with a large energy sword.
Final Limit: Press A to release 4 pillars of light around you.
Notes: The final limit deals more damage if you are very close to the enemy.
Against One: 5/5
Comments: This move is awesome, though it's weaker then in Story Mode. Mash A and watch the opponent's health go down. Incidentally, oddly enough, Xion has a higher strength then Roxas. But then again he had a higher critical percentage and bonus, so I guess it balances out.

Dual Wield Roxas - Magic Hour
Phrase: "Give me strength!"
Limit: Roxas jumps into the air, holds his keyblades up, and summons beams of light that rain down across the area.
Final Limit: Roxas is engulfed in light and the beams of light fall faster and do more damage.
Notes: Where it hits is completely random.
Comments: Against mobs it's okay, but if there's only one enemy... well, in its defence when it hits, it hits hard.

Last edited:
Anyone else disappointed with the choice of worlds included in the game? I was hoping for Pride Lands, Port Royal and Space Paranoids. And I could have done without Wonderland and Neverland.