• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kingdom Hearts: A New Story

Merger royally screwed this up so public notice time.

THIS IS NOT MY FANFICTION IN ANYWAY. HOWEVER I CANNOT DELETE MY POST HERE EITHER. FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING PINEAPPLE SCROLL DOWN!

Sandra

Last edited:
This story takes place 15 years after Kingdom Hearts 2

The walls that hold up the worlds are now starting to deteriorate. The only way to save the walls is to find the Six Elemental Keybladers and bring them together ontop of Radiant Garden's Castle, before the next Solar Eclipse........Or else all the worlds will fade into eturnal Darkness......

Main Characters

Water Keyblader
Name: Jordan Rain
Appearance:
22c2c3ef.jpg

Personality: Loyal, funny, his friends are the most important thing to him.
Keyblade: Poseidon’s Wrath

Light Keyblader (Not know yet)
Name: Taylor Nicole
Appearance:
e_siz2004.jpg

Personality: A true blonde. Tries to be serious but sometimes fails. Very kind and loving.
Keyblade: Oathkeeper (Theres a reason)

Darkness Keyblader (Not know yet)
Name: Christian Cline
Appearance:
assassin.jpg

Personality: Funny and likes to joke around but can be serious.
Keyblade: Oblivion (Theres a reason)

Other Keybladers

Twilight Keyblader (Not know yet)
(Mrs.Lovet from Serebii.net)
Name: EllenX
Personality: She wants to know why the keyblade chose her, she also wants her heart back.
Appearance: About 5.5 feet. Untidy, wavy reddish brown hair. Brown eyes.
Keyblade: Black with an emerald encrusted in the handle.

Wind Keyblader
(Ginji from Serebii.net)
Name: Gin or Ginji
Appearance:
Personality: serious or random
Keyblade: a wide blade sword with a black dragon on it

Earth Keyblader
(oooo from Serebii.net)
Still filling form

Ice Keyblader
(Chelsea Star from Serebii.net)
Name: Wolf
Appearance:
Personality: Quiet and Brave.
Keyblade: A crystal like one.

Fire keyblader
(Xaale from Kh-vids.net)
She is this deciding.

Thunder/Lightning Keyblader
(keybladewarrioroflegend from Kh-vids.net)
Name: Phenox
Personality: kind to friends but brutal to enemies.
Appearance:
picture.php

Keyblade: gold with an angel wing at the end. Jewels are set in 4 spots on the handle and blade. the hilt is 2 angel wings melded together.

~~~~
First Chapter is up!

Chapter One: Awaking

‘Where……Am I falling?’ a browned haired boy thought as he opened his eyes. He looked around to see he was falling straight through the sky. He tried to scream, but……… nothing came out. The boy than tried to move his body, but got the same thing as his screaming….nothing…..He looked down again to see the ocean below. It got closer but the second. ‘ I’m going to be crushed by the force of the splash!’ he closed his eyes tightly, ready to die……The splash, never came…..nor did the water…… The boy opened his eyes again to see he was now falling through the ocean. ‘How is this happening?’ he thought again, confused. As he fell, he saw a platform started to appear it was all yellow with a beautiful young browned haired woman, holding a rose. He turned all the way around till he was on his feet. He could also move again as he walked around the platform. He looked at the young lady, “She beautiful…” is what he tried to say, but it looks like he still couldn’t talk. The platform shook, and the boy started to freak out. ‘OMG, what else could go wrong?’ Three stands appear around the edge of the platform. On the stands were an Axe, a Dagger, and a Trident.

“Which will you take?” a mysterious voice said from above.

“Who are you and where am I?!” he tried to say, but still nothing came out.

“What are you waiting for? Will you take……..the Axe, a symbol of power and destruction, an everlasting greed for violence. The Dagger, a last resort weapon, a symbol of cowards, thieves, and traitors alike; an eternal selfish sprit. Or the Trident, a Symbol of balance and Justice, a goal setter and finisher. Choose wisely…”

The boy went over to the Axe first. ‘No…..It doesn’t feel right….’ He went to the middle stand to where the Dagger was ‘…..This isn’t it……’ He went to the final stand, where the Trident was hovering. ‘It feels like….it’s calling me’ his hand reached up and grabbed the shaft of it. The instant he did, it started glowing with a golden aura, and than the aura went into him. The boy felt more confident, and braver than ever before. The gold aura slowly faded away, and the Trident returned to its normal bronze color, and so the boy went back to normal. ‘Great…Now what?’ he thought to himself.

The Axe and Dagger disappeared in a flash of Light. The platform shook again and as it did three more stands appeared around the platform. ‘Now there are six stands….’ Another flash of Light appeared, and now in the stands were six different color orbs.

“Now, these are the six Elements of the worlds. Each one with its own unique ability and weakness. Which one will you choose?” The orbs than exploded on there stands. A small Flame spouted from the ruby orb. A small Tempest shot forth from the emerald orb. A small Thundercloud came slowly from the amber orb. A small Glacier hovered from the diamond orb. A small Mountain plopped from the dark brown orb. Lastly a Whirlpool floated from the sapphire orb.

The boy started with the Flame, he liked the warmth, than he started to feel like he was completely on fire. ‘This is not a very good feeling!’ He quickly stepped away from the flame towards the tempest. When he got there he felt lighter some how, he slightly moved his hand and instead got a quick reflex. ‘Cool, but no…’ He jogged from the tempest to the thundercloud. As soon as he came close to the cloud, it shot lightning towards him, and roared with thunder. He quickly dodged it, ‘Okay than….’ He thought as he than jogged over to the Glacier. It welcomed him with its coldness. The boy liked it at first, but than his body started to become numb and so were his senses. It also felt like his…heart was becoming colder as well. Some how, he walked over to the next stand, gaining his senses back with each step. When he got to the Mountain stand it felt like gravity was pulling him down. He stopped, trying to gain enough energy to go to the next stand. The boy got enough energy and slowly pushed himself to the last stand. The gravity was normal again when he got in front of the final stand. The Whirlpool spiraled as he looked at it. It seemed to calm him, but at the same time make him more focused. The boy put his hands out and picked up the Whirlpool without having to touch it.

“Water, the life and soothing element. With this element, you can control all the water around you, and also heal with it. It is also the Truth element which means; as long as you have this element you can not lie. Is this what you want?”

“Yes…..” He was so shocked that he could speak again, he almost dropped the Whirlpool. The Whirlpool glowed dark blue, then went in side the boy. Freaking out, he screamed. Just then, a dark figure started to appear in the middle of the platform, as the other elements and there stands disappeared. The boy looked at the figure, and started to stepped back, but almost fell off the platform.

“Don’t be frightened……” The figure started to take form. “You must not be afraid of the darkness….For you must face it through out your Journey.” The figure finally was…..a sea serpent is roared at the boy. “Before you can start you Journey….You must face the Darkness in your heart before you face other Darkness….”

His Trident glowed in his hand and water appeared around him. It was like they were telling him to fight the thing. “Okay, I’ll fight, because I want to get back home alive.” He said with pride. He then charged the foul beast.
As he charged the serpent, spit large poison needles at the boy. He jumped, and barely misses him. He slashed down with his trident onto the body, but the hit bounced off. “Damn it!” The boy cursed as he rolled out of the way, before he was smashed by the Sea serpent’s tail. The tail than wrapped around his leg and pull him up. “Let me go, damn it!” He slashed harder this and cut off the tip of the tail that held him. He braced himself to hit the platform, but instead a spout of water caught him. “Now were talking!” he stabbed the platform. The result was water spouts coming out around the Serpent. It wasn’t scared by the water at all, it embraced. “No you don’t!” he pulled out his trident with his right hand, and with his left, waved the water around the serpent. An orb was formed around the Serpent it swam around it like it was nothing, and shot more needles at the boy. This time, he slashed away the needles. He than started to slowly closed his left hand. As he did the orb got smaller the more he closed his hand. It got so small that the monster couldn’t move any more. Keeping his left hand tightly closed, he started to think ‘Now what am I to do? Its scales deflect my hits…..’ His trident began to glow, and is did the water.

“Throw the trident……and trust it.” a new mysterious voice said. His trident glowing brighter than before; as if it was agreeing. “Okay….I’ll try it…If this doesn’t work….I’m screwed….” He held the trident up with is right hand and than threw it. Water sprouted and went around it and shot it like a torpedo, making it faster and deadlier than before. The trident struck the head of the Sea Serpent and went thought it and came out the other end of its tail. Water splashed on to the platform, and so did the Serpent. It picked up its head slowly and hissed angrily. With its last breath it slammed back onto the platform, the result was Darkness covering the entire platform.

Darkness surrounded the boy as he tried to swat it away, but it started to cover him. “Don’t be afraid…….You are the one who will gather and lead the others to save the worlds……Jordan Rain, Elemental Keyblader of Water……” Then the boy, Jordan Rain, was engulfed by Darkness

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, did I do good? I took ALOT of time to type this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yami Ryu

Soooooooooo basically...

You took the introduction of the very first Kingdom Heart's game for the most part, just changed a bit of dialogue, editing in your little character, kicked out Sora cause omg because of the new kingdom heart's thing there's multiple keyblade wielders even though Sora's introduction to the keyblade was most likely unique!!!!

And then you make him.. a Keyblade master... of .. water?

What?

To be frank it's short and rushed. Skimming, and forcing myself to read it to an extent, really shows no flare or originality, here, in a good way. You basically spun the Kingdom Hearts intro in a way you wanted for your made up character, to make him even more special you then make him a keyblade wielder of water. Oooh.

I suggest scrapping this and trying to make something original if you want to instantly break Kingdom Heart's canon so quickly.

AceTrainerMohamed

Team SeaSoul Founder
WoOoW that was one of the most impressive chapters I've ever read .. I can't wait to read the next chapter .. it was very nice .. I liked it =D man you should make a story book .. you have a nice way to explain the place , time and the case ..

also you made me live inside this story by your nice way =) you should keep it up ^_^ I felt like I was watching it not reading it

thanx a lot for counting me as a character :) and please tell me when you write your next chapter

Soooooooooo basically...

You took the introduction of the very first Kingdom Heart's game for the most part, just changed a bit of dialogue, editing in your little character, kicked out Sora cause omg because of the new kingdom heart's thing there's multiple keyblade wielders even though Sora's introduction to the keyblade was most likely unique!!!!

And then you make him.. a Keyblade master... of .. water?

What?

To be frank it's short and rushed. Skimming, and forcing myself to read it to an extent, really shows no flare or originality, here, in a good way. You basically spun the Kingdom Hearts intro in a way you wanted for your made up character, to make him even more special you then make him a keyblade wielder of water. Oooh.

I suggest scrapping this and trying to make something original if you want to instantly break Kingdom Heart's canon so quickly.

Well I wanted the first chapter to be like when Sora was awaked as much as possible, but trust me it's nothing like Kingdom Hearts 1.
P.S. I did not rush, I took my time in writing this story.

WoOoW that was one of the most impressive chapters I've ever read .. I can't wait to read the next chapter .. it was very nice .. I liked it =D man you should make a story book .. you have a nice way to explain the place , time and the case ..

also you made me live inside this story by your nice way =) you should keep it up ^_^ I felt like I was watching it not reading it

thanx a lot for counting me as a character :) and please tell me when you write your next chapter

I will! I promise! :D

Last edited:

Yami Ryu

Well I wanted the first chapter to be like when Sora was awaked as much as possible, but trust me it's nothing like Kingdom Hearts 1.

You basically ripped off the intro, only did a slightly different spin on things, and then you claim it's nothing like Kingdom Hearts?

Really now.

P.S. I did not rush, I took my time in writing this story.

Duuur.

To be frank it's short and rushed.

Let me explain this. Short and Rushed. It means, it's Short[er] than it could have been, lacking detail, depth, exploration and yada yada of goodies that make a story interesting.

It's Rushed in the way that you zoom through the actions, impatient to get your little beginings of a gary stu to the end of the chapter and show how manly and strong and keyblade master-like he is!

There.

And since it seems you honestly really don't want to get better as it seems you are happy with mindless praise, have fun.

You basically ripped off the intro, only did a slightly different spin on things, and then you claim it's nothing like Kingdom Hearts?

Really now.

Duuur.

Let me explain this. Short and Rushed. It means, it's Short[er] than it could have been, lacking detail, depth, exploration and yada yada of goodies that make a story interesting.

It's Rushed in the way that you zoom through the actions, impatient to get your little beginings of a gary stu to the end of the chapter and show how manly and strong and keyblade master-like he is!

There.

And since it seems you honestly really don't want to get better as it seems you are happy with mindless praise, have fun.

Well thats not what I'm getting from these people. http://www.kh-vids.net/showthread.php?t=86767

Last edited:

Yami Ryu

I couldn't resist, I shouldn't but I can't resist.

A CHIBI BISHIFIED SETO KAIBA IS YOUR DESCRIPTION/APPEARENCE FOR YOUR MAIN CHARACTER?

A CLOUD LOOK ALIKE IS ANOTHER CHARACTER? RANDOM MANGA AND ANIME PICTURES FOR THE OTHER TWO?

OH MY LORD.

Let me point.

And laugh.

Lol lol lol laugh laugh laugh lol lol lol

And as I said before; And since it seems you honestly really don't want to get better as it seems you are happy with mindless praise, have fun.

Go on keep writing :D

I gave you the rope to save yourself with from a pit of ripped off gary stu-ism, but you ignored it and chose to stay in your puddle, so have fun dear.

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
Main Characters

Water Keyblader
Name: Jordan Rain
Appearance:
22c2c3ef.jpg

Personality: Loyal, funny, his friends are the most important thing to him.
Keyblade: Poseidon’s Wrath

First of all, I'm not sure character profiles are entirely necessary. A small summary of them is fine, if it's out of story, like what you did with the introduction, but whole profiles don't really need to be included. You can do them for yourself, sure, to pin things down, but we, the audience, shouldn't need them. We should be shown what they look like, how they act etc., through the text, not shown pictures.

As for your protagonist...does he have any downsides? He's loyal, he's funny, and he cares about his friends (that last line, incidentally, can just be merged with "loyal"), but there aren't any flaws. He sounds perfect, and based on his appearance, looks perfect. We can't really relate to someone like that. And as Yami said, his appearance isn't that original; he just looks like Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh!. Really, the audience should be allowed to visualise the character for themselves, not have an exact representation.

Light Keyblader (Not know yet)
Name: Taylor Nicole
Appearance:
e_siz2004.jpg

Personality: A true blonde. Tries to be serious but sometimes fails. Very kind and loving.
Keyblade: Oathkeeper (Theres a reason)

Again, the appearance isn't original, just a moe anime girl that can be found virtually everywhere on the Internet, and no real aesthetic quirks. Most of the characters in Kingdom Hearts usually have belts and/or zippers, something that physically defines them, but the pictures you've chosen could apply to literally anyone.

Define what you mean by "blonde" as well, as I'm sure everyone has their own interpretations as to what it means: to some, a dumb bimbo; to others, a catty bitch. Moving aside from that, again she's a stereotypical anime girl, kind and caring and a regular little Florence Nightingale. Like before, there's no sense of originality, and again, she sounds perfect.

Darkness Keyblader (Not know yet)
Name: Christian Cline
Appearance:
assassin.jpg

Personality: Funny and likes to joke around but can be serious.
Keyblade: Oblivion (Theres a reason)

Again, I don't get a sense of originality or detail. What's his sense of humour - over-the-top slapstick, dry sarcasm, or loathesome "ZOINKS I'M MAD ME!!!!11" randomness? When would he start acting serious, if someone ate the last eclair or if someone was in danger? Please specify, and also show a bit of flair; make the characters stand out. As mentioned, there's the typical zips and belts, but also personal quirks. Maybe they have bad luck, maybe they get easily embarassed, maybe they have a distrust of squirrels.

And while we're on the subject, there needs to be a good reason as to why they have Oathkeeper and Oblivion; those are personal Keyblades to Sora, they represent Kairi and Riku respectively. You were able to create your own Keyblade for Jordan; make ones for them as well.

I won't bother with the rest, as I'm pretty sure I've made my point clear. Now let's get down to the festering bone marrow of the matter.

Chapter One: Awaking

‘Where……Am I falling?’ a browned haired boy thought as he opened his eyes. He looked around to see he was falling straight through the sky. He tried to scream, but……… nothing came out. The boy than tried to move his body, but got the same thing as his screaming….nothing…..He looked down again to see the ocean below. It got closer but the second. ‘ I’m going to be crushed by the force of the splash!’ he closed his eyes tightly, ready to die……The splash, never came…..nor did the water…… The boy opened his eyes again to see he was now falling through the ocean. ‘How is this happening?’ he thought again, confused. As he fell, he saw a platform started to appear it was all yellow with a beautiful young browned haired woman, holding a rose. He turned all the way around till he was on his feet. He could also move again as he walked around the platform. He looked at the young lady, “She beautiful…” is what he tried to say, but it looks like he still couldn’t talk. The platform shook, and the boy started to freak out. ‘OMG, what else could go wrong?’ Three stands appear around the edge of the platform. On the stands were an Axe, a Dagger, and a Trident.

This is a common problem with first-time writers, in that you try to tell too much in too short a space of time. Pacing is crucial to any good story; it seems like you're rushed, like you're saying "OK, so this boy's falling into the water, then he's gonna get crushed, then he isn't, then he's on a stained glass platform, then he sees weapons, then he gets knighted by the King of France, then this, then that, then this, etc."

Do you get what I mean? You're trying to hurry the story along, so emotional impact - Jordan can see the potentially fatal wave coming towards him - isn't registered aside from a yell. You also have the habit of being listy; I'll show you what I mean using two examples, one's yours, one's mine:

‘Where……Am I falling?’a browned haired boy thought as he opened his eyes.

"Wh...Where...am I?" The boy felt it before he could fully comprehend it. That unmistakeable pull. The frantic pulling at his eyelids, the wind crashing across his dark-brown hair, the strange sinking in the stomach. Bracing himself for the full force of the breeze, he slowly opened his eyes; but he met no resistance. Widening them slightly, he then came to a startling realisation.

The sky was looking further than it did a moment ago.

You see? We know the boy has brown hair, but it isn't just read off like a list. We also know the boy is falling just through the description. I'm not asking you to copy and paste that, but try and do something similar: show, not tell.

And the use of Internet slang like OMG isn't really encouraged either.

“Which will you take?” a mysterious voice said from above.

“Who are you and where am I?!” he tried to say, but still nothing came out.

“What are you waiting for? Will you take……..the Axe, a symbol of power and destruction, an everlasting greed for violence. The Dagger, a last resort weapon, a symbol of cowards, thieves, and traitors alike; an eternal selfish sprit. Or the Trident, a Symbol of balance and Justice, a goal setter and finisher. Choose wisely…”

I can tell he's surprised by a disembodied voice, but I get nothing else; indignation? Curiosity? Anger? And the weapon choices are ridiculously unbalanced: two are evil and nasty, the other is good and righteous. There's no surprise to be had there, as we now know what he's going to choose. The original Dream Weapons had their own pluses and minuses. The Sword represented courage but also destruction; the Rod represented intelligence but also ambiguity; the Shield represented kindness but also weakness.

Because we know Jordan will end up with the good option, there's no tension, and we don't even have to read what happens next. If you must have these, make them more balanced, don't just make one the right path. That's the whole point of the Awakening: to see which path best suits you.

I would also like to point out that just because you're a thief, doesn't mean you're a despicable coward. Look at Aladdin.

“Now, these are the six Elements of the worlds. Each one with its own unique ability and weakness. Which one will you choose?” The orbs than exploded on there stands. A small Flame spouted from the ruby orb. A small Tempest shot forth from the emerald orb. A small Thundercloud came slowly from the amber orb. A small Glacier hovered from the diamond orb. A small Mountain plopped from the dark brown orb. Lastly a Whirlpool floated from the sapphire orb.

Again, you're listing, and you're also getting repetitive. "The Dealie came out from the Doohickey Orb. The Thingy emerged from the Fishhead Orb." Do you see what I mean? It just gets boring, and again we can just skip this because you've already told us in your profiles, and with the Trident, that he's going to go for Water.

Is there even a need for him to go to each one? Are all the Awakenings taking place simultaneously, or have some already chosen?

“Yes…..” He was so shocked that he could speak again, he almost dropped the Whirlpool. The Whirlpool glowed dark blue, then went in side the boy. Freaking out, he screamed. Just then, a dark figure started to appear in the middle of the platform, as the other elements and there stands disappeared. The boy looked at the figure, and started to stepped back, but almost fell off the platform.

Again, pace yourself; you're going through this faster than is necessary. There's no build-up, no tension.

His Trident glowed in his hand and water appeared around him. It was like they were telling him to fight the thing. “Okay, I’ll fight, because I want to get back home alive.” He said with pride. He then charged the foul beast.
As he charged the serpent, spit large poison needles at the boy. He jumped, and barely misses him. He slashed down with his trident onto the body, but the hit bounced off. “Damn it!” The boy cursed as he rolled out of the way, before he was smashed by the Sea serpent’s tail. The tail than wrapped around his leg and pull him up. “Let me go, damn it!” He slashed harder this and cut off the tip of the tail that held him. He braced himself to hit the platform, but instead a spout of water caught him. “Now were talking!” he stabbed the platform. The result was water spouts coming out around the Serpent. It wasn’t scared by the water at all, it embraced. “No you don’t!” he pulled out his trident with his right hand, and with his left, waved the water around the serpent. An orb was formed around the Serpent it swam around it like it was nothing, and shot more needles at the boy. This time, he slashed away the needles. He than started to slowly closed his left hand. As he did the orb got smaller the more he closed his hand. It got so small that the monster couldn’t move any more. Keeping his left hand tightly closed, he started to think ‘Now what am I to do? Its scales deflect my hits…..’ His trident began to glow, and is did the water.

Pacing again, and you seem to keep changing tenses here. Also, we don't need him to keep speaking; describing his emotions, the fear on his face, his hands shaking despite him firmly grasping the trident; that would be fine. Have a bit of speech, but don't pepper us with it. It breaks the story's flow.

As of now, the biggest problem you have is flow. Remember, this is your story, it can be as long or as short as you like, but this being Kingdom Hearts, it will be more difficult. The games' stories are driven by relationships, by sinister powers, so you need to take your own time in writing it. Too fast, and you don't make any impact on the audience. Despite what the other people might say, I don't feel any emotional connection to Jordan. So really, I'd say work on the pacing and description.

Hope this advice helped you, and good luck with future writing.

First of all, I'm not sure character profiles are entirely necessary. A small summary of them is fine, if it's out of story, like what you did with the introduction, but whole profiles don't really need to be included. You can do them for yourself, sure, to pin things down, but we, the audience, shouldn't need them. We should be shown what they look like, how they act etc., through the text, not shown pictures.

As for your protagonist...does he have any downsides? He's loyal, he's funny, and he cares about his friends (that last line, incidentally, can just be merged with "loyal"), but there aren't any flaws. He sounds perfect, and based on his appearance, looks perfect. We can't really relate to someone like that. And as Yami said, his appearance isn't that original; he just looks like Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh!. Really, the audience should be allowed to visualise the character for themselves, not have an exact representation.

Again, the appearance isn't original, just a moe anime girl that can be found virtually everywhere on the Internet, and no real aesthetic quirks. Most of the characters in Kingdom Hearts usually have belts and/or zippers, something that physically defines them, but the pictures you've chosen could apply to literally anyone.

Define what you mean by "blonde" as well, as I'm sure everyone has their own interpretations as to what it means: to some, a dumb bimbo; to others, a catty bitch. Moving aside from that, again she's a stereotypical anime girl, kind and caring and a regular little Florence Nightingale. Like before, there's no sense of originality, and again, she sounds perfect.

Again, I don't get a sense of originality or detail. What's his sense of humour - over-the-top slapstick, dry sarcasm, or loathesome "ZOINKS I'M MAD ME!!!!11" randomness? When would he start acting serious, if someone ate the last eclair or if someone was in danger? Please specify, and also show a bit of flair; make the characters stand out. As mentioned, there's the typical zips and belts, but also personal quirks. Maybe they have bad luck, maybe they get easily embarassed, maybe they have a distrust of squirrels.

And while we're on the subject, there needs to be a good reason as to why they have Oathkeeper and Oblivion; those are personal Keyblades to Sora, they represent Kairi and Riku respectively. You were able to create your own Keyblade for Jordan; make ones for them as well.

I won't bother with the rest, as I'm pretty sure I've made my point clear. Now let's get down to the festering bone marrow of the matter.

This is a common problem with first-time writers, in that you try to tell too much in too short a space of time. Pacing is crucial to any good story; it seems like you're rushed, like you're saying "OK, so this boy's falling into the water, then he's gonna get crushed, then he isn't, then he's on a stained glass platform, then he sees weapons, then he gets knighted by the King of France, then this, then that, then this, etc."

Do you get what I mean? You're trying to hurry the story along, so emotional impact - Jordan can see the potentially fatal wave coming towards him - isn't registered aside from a yell. You also have the habit of being listy; I'll show you what I mean using two examples, one's yours, one's mine:

You see? We know the boy has brown hair, but it isn't just read off like a list. We also know the boy is falling just through the description. I'm not asking you to copy and paste that, but try and do something similar: show, not tell.

And the use of Internet slang like OMG isn't really encouraged either.

I can tell he's surprised by a disembodied voice, but I get nothing else; indignation? Curiosity? Anger? And the weapon choices are ridiculously unbalanced: two are evil and nasty, the other is good and righteous. There's no surprise to be had there, as we now know what he's going to choose. The original Dream Weapons had their own pluses and minuses. The Sword represented courage but also destruction; the Rod represented intelligence but also ambiguity; the Shield represented kindness but also weakness.

Because we know Jordan will end up with the good option, there's no tension, and we don't even have to read what happens next. If you must have these, make them more balanced, don't just make one the right path. That's the whole point of the Awakening: to see which path best suits you.

I would also like to point out that just because you're a thief, doesn't mean you're a despicable coward. Look at Aladdin.

Again, you're listing, and you're also getting repetitive. "The Dealie came out from the Doohickey Orb. The Thingy emerged from the Fishhead Orb." Do you see what I mean? It just gets boring, and again we can just skip this because you've already told us in your profiles, and with the Trident, that he's going to go for Water.

Is there even a need for him to go to each one? Are all the Awakenings taking place simultaneously, or have some already chosen?

Again, pace yourself; you're going through this faster than is necessary. There's no build-up, no tension.

Pacing again, and you seem to keep changing tenses here. Also, we don't need him to keep speaking; describing his emotions, the fear on his face, his hands shaking despite him firmly grasping the trident; that would be fine. Have a bit of speech, but don't pepper us with it. It breaks the story's flow.

As of now, the biggest problem you have is flow. Remember, this is your story, it can be as long or as short as you like, but this being Kingdom Hearts, it will be more difficult. The games' stories are driven by relationships, by sinister powers, so you need to take your own time in writing it. Too fast, and you don't make any impact on the audience. Despite what the other people might say, I don't feel any emotional connection to Jordan. So really, I'd say work on the pacing and description.

Hope this advice helped you, and good luck with future writing.

Thanks for being nice, about helping me. I will try my best I promise! :D

Chapter 2 is up!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Chapter 2: Fate’s Shore

“Jordan…….” A voiced called.
‘Am I dead?’ Jordan asked himself.
“JORDAN!” a blast of shinning light blasted through the darkness. Jordan started to hear waves, rising on and off the shore, and palm tree’s swaying in the wind.
“Jordan, I’ll say this one more time…….Get the HELL up now!” yelled famine voice again.
“Taylor?” Jordan started to open his eyes. When they were fully open the stared at a blonde headed girl with bright blue eyes.
“Finally, you’ve been sleeping for hours on end!” Taylor roared again at Jordan.
Jordan blinked at her comment “I’ve been sleeping but I….” he thought about what he was going to say next but got cut off.
“No excuses, slacker!” the girl yelled again.
“Slacker?” mumbled as he got up and brushed off his dark blue Coexist shirt and his tans shorts. “While me and Christian made the Club house, you just sat down and yelled at us if we did something wrong.” He explained while staring at Taylor, a little angry.
“Well, I made the design so I did my part. Hey! Don’t change the subject!” she bellowed back staring back in the same manner.
“Taylor, you are the blondest girl I know, changing the subject is one of many of your blonde characteristics.” Jordan explained with a smirk on his face.
“I.Am.Not!” the blonde bellowed again.
“Wanna bet?”
“Bring IT!”
The two of them were now eye to eye to each other, rage filling there eyes.
“Hey Taylor, there’s a kitten.” Jordan blurted out while pointing to the Shore’s pier.
“KITTEN!” Taylor totally forgot about Jordan as he ran towards the pier, looking for the cute little kitten.
As she ran Jordan ran towards the Club house, laughing as he did.
When the blonde got to the pier and looked around, with her eyes full of excitement. Than she realized what just happened…..Her eyes quickly changed from happy to pure hate. “Damn it! I’ll get you for that Jordan!” She turned around and cursed with each step she took towards the Club House.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know it's short, but the next one will be longer. I promise! It's also a preview for the next Chapter as well.

No, just no.

This falls below the two page limit for chapters. Shortness is not an excuse, you hold back yo kick it up more. You have stacked text with no paragraphing and it's just a load of speech and thats it.

Also please don't quite giant wads of text it takes years to scroll down.

So this is your quality warning. Suit up, shape up and bring this to a good quality and reasonable length or thread will be closed. Advice for Aspoiring Authors as well as your reviews are there for a reason.

Sandra

theman117

Apart from what everyone else has already said the only thing that I noticed that could be fixed is that in the second line of chapter two. I am pretty sure that you do not have to put quotes around internal thoughts being that they are not words yet and just ideas. Source:http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/quotes.asp rule:5

Also the 4th line from the bottom of chapter two you refer to Taylor as a he. Though it is up to your discretion it does not seem to flow well when you refer to a character just as the "blonde".

Last edited: