• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

Rakurai

Since the old thread died, I figured I'd make a new one, seeing as the game is officially released tomorrow, and I couldn't be more hyped about it.

I'm mainly excited about the new secret boss, as I've watched multiple people go up against it (And fail miserably), and it's easily the most difficult boss in the series for many reasons.

For the curious, they include:

An attack that scatters your commands like the one the final Marluxia utilizes in Re: CoM.

Delayed combos that will kill you even if you have both survival abilities equipped.

A guard that actually results in him getting healed for the amount of damage he would've taken from the attack.

Using Vanish to make itself invisible and untargettable for the duration.

A random counterattack, where it reverses its position in time to the moment before it got hit, undoing the damage and stagger of your last hit, which also can potentially result in an unavoidable follow-up, as you're frozen while it does so (And most likely still in the recovery time of an attack).

Oh, and its battle theme is awesome, too.

I'm also happy that they included the EXP Zero ability if you play on Critical, for the sake of added challenge for those who can't get enough, like myself.

Last edited:

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
That last ability just sounds cheap.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Played some of it today now that it's out, on a friend's PSP. It's good. I like the controls. Way better than Days.

I saw the secret ending already too. I want KH3!

Rakurai

I've clocked nine hours as Terra in Critical mode so far, and currently sit at level 16 after completing five worlds or so. Died about a dozen times so far, but it was largely due to not having any healing commands for the first three hours or so (Restore guard is awesome in that regard).

I spent a lot of time doing the Command board, and managed to pick up the Ragnarok shot-lock before I even set foot in the first world. It's also worth noting that there's a new D-link in the US version that can be obtained from it once you complete Disney Town, and it simply requires getting a certain someone to show up by repeatedly landing on an event space.

I also got a big laugh out of KOing a certain boss by reflecting a bullet into his face while he was trying to snipe me from afar.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
I love how Ven is capable of owning both secret bosses.

Vanitas Sentiment by spamming Tornado.

Mysterious Figure by Dodge Rolling around like a spaz.

Also, the Keyblade you get after beating Mysterious Figure pretty much confirms it's a time traveller.

Can't wait to see how they explain him.

natie

Mr. F
I finished the game months ago with Aqua, then played around a bit with Ven and Terra but found Ven to be too much like Roxas (overused, that is) and Terra is just sluggish.

And his VA sucks. In both Japanese and English.

It's still a damn good game though. Much better than KHDays, though I wonder what the new KHDS will be like.

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
Picked it up about an hour ago. Good game so far. I'm going to go in the order Nomra intended. Terra > Ven > Aqua.

what?! crap....should of played as terra.

Im curently playing the game on critical with aqua I just got to
neverland
but I am addicted to command board so I havent progressed much yet

also does any one know what bright green means on the finish command tree I've done everything but I don't know how to unlock it

natie

Mr. F
Actually I see no need why you used that spoiler, the names of the characters and 'command board' are much more of a spoiler than Neverland, as that's already in every KH game.

Rakurai

I finished Terra's story yesterday. His last boss was somewhat difficult, but mostly annoying (Mainly due to randomly not staggering after having an attack blocked, or not taking any damage from a guard counter).

They did make him less stupid for the US release. He won't keep responding to a guard counter with the exact same attack that was just countered about five times in a row before he gets the hint and stops, as it's now rare for him to do it even once.

also does any one know what bright green means on the finish command tree I've done everything but I don't know how to unlock it

It might be the finish you get by activating the Thunderbolt command style enough times.

Dream Breaker

The Accursed
Deep Space command board ruined my life, spent half the game in the negative. And the "mysterious soldier" in Mount Olympus was too hard, so I skipped ahead to Deep Space. Hoping it's not so difficult now.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
I just beat Aqua's story already, some of the scripts is pretty cheesy. The game is awesome but the damn camera angle really pisses me off and almost cost me of beating the final boss.

Giratina!

Backstreet's back
I started off as Ventus, and I've been making good progress across the game - at least until I got to Neverland. So... many... Unversed...

Pyroli

Banned
I was a little mad when it came out for PSP (not having one myself) but seriously i may buy one just to play this game! It looks amazing!

natie

Mr. F
God Eater looks and is better.

BlueMage

Just picked it up today. I just finished Castle of Dreams in Terra's Story, and it's been really awesome so far. The enemies and bosses seem quite a bit tougher, too.

Rakurai

Finished Ventus' story a few days ago, and Aqua's a few hours ago. Terra definitively has the hardest final boss of the trio, with Ventus, then Aqua's following at quite a distance behind, IMO.

I'm also having a hard time believing that you do halved damage in Critical mode (According to the instruction booklet), as at a level where Aqua's final bosses were killing me in one to two hits, I was doing enough damage with the Prism Rain shotlock that if all of the hits connected, it probably could've taken them out from full health.

BlueMage

Man, Olympus Coliseum is a pain in Terra's Story, mostly because it's timed. I pretty much had to go to Deep Space to grind so that I didn't take too long to beat the enemies, especially the fat blobs that you have to hit from behind.

Zack was easy and fun to fight, though. I look forward to going to Neverland now.

Rakurai

I managed to beat the first of the secret bosses with Aqua at level 40, after about four hours of attempts today. I have to say that it's a lot more fun to fight the guy when you're at a level where all of your attacks do only a single point of damage, as he just gets too easy once you're past that point.

I then tried the new secret boss, but only managed to remove a fifth of his first bar of health at best so far. I plan to keep at it until I get him, though.