• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kingdom Hearts Discussion

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
That's the thing though, KH is just one of the more famous ones.
Seriously, most of its fanbase is made up of Weeaboos who've never picked up a Final Fantasy in their lives, and those that have only claim to have played VII, XIII, or one of the many off-shoots of the series. There are many worse games, but KH has one of the worst fanbases there is, unfortunately.

This. This times 10.

Peter Quill

star-lord
Well apparently the best one is on PSP which I don't have, but beyond that I don't see myself playing a KH game these days, especially not with what Nomura has turned it into. It reeks of the contemporary Square-Enix aesthetic that I really don't like.

Birth By Sleep came with my PSP when I bought it and it's actually pretty good. No way in hell I'm getting near the fanbase or any of the other games in the series though.

Zexiontwo

Cursed sun...
Oops! *Anime Sweatdrop*

Sabconth

Kanto Ranger
Most, if not all of the " fanbase" agree with the things you're saying, mainly:

That it was greedy to put a different KH on so many consoles, forcing fans to miss some parts of the story.

That the storyline itself has become so incredibly complex, I mean we're talking MGS meets LOST meets Quantum Physics level of convolution here.

...and of course, that Kingdom Hearts 3 is taking so frigging long to come out. A lot say they won't even bother to continue the series past that point.

If you want an idea of how disillusioned the fanbase really is, just go to KHinsider.com.

I've enjoyed every game so far, but I can see why many are so put off by it.

Nomura is calling the 9 games in the series "The Xehanort Saga". Hinting that he's planing a whole bunch more games after KH3. Kingdom Hearts might just become Square-Enix's second biggest series after Final Fantasy.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I don't really consider the handheld trio(BBS, Days, & Coded) to be hurting KH3 too much since they were revealed as a set, and they set up the next part of the story together. But with them out of the way it seems like KH3 should be coming up next :/

(And what the fridge is this BBS -Volume Two- ? Another game?)

Shame Utada Hikaru isnt coming back though..She's the reason that I became interested in the first game :S

Zexiontwo

Cursed sun...

BBS stands for Birth By Sleep, the PSP game that sets all the other games into place, or the prequel to Kingdom Hearts.

Sabconth

Kanto Ranger

BBS stands for Birth By Sleep, the PSP game that sets all the other games into place, or the prequel to Kingdom Hearts.

True, except the special extended edition released only in Japan, (Known as Final Mix), has a trailer for what appears to be a new game.

Here it is: http://www.veoh.com/watch/v20754681fTCFex9m

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Its not a complicated series. Whoever says it is crazy.

Zexiontwo

Cursed sun...

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
OH wow a kingdom hearts discussion...i love kingdom hearts...I own every kingdom hearts that ever came out except for the new one on the psp due to i do not own a psp...i have one question thought so this birth by sleep do they call this one on the ps3...I heard rumors that it will be on the ps3...is this true...I know that there is one on the psp but im a little confused on the one on the ps3...does anyone know any confirmation?...

^
I can almost guarantee you that it will not be on the PS3. Handheld-to-console ports are almost always horrendous (see Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier for a lovely example), so the game would almost have to be completely redone, as Chain of Memories was redone completely to be on the PS2.

coolminun

Banned
I'm actually kinda upset about bbs vol 2. I mean like what more is there to explore that wasn't in bbs final mix? Something tells me, Nomura is just gonna throw in some random crap that is gonna become an intricate part of the story, like Aqua is gonna discover Xehanort's weakness or something.

Sabconth

Kanto Ranger
Its not a complicated series. Whoever says it is crazy.

C'mon, it's meticulously complicated. Even the main characters think so.

Remember when Mickey tells the trio that ansem isn't really ansem and they get really confused.

That's the same reaction you'd get from anyone if you tried to explain Kingdom Hearts. It's just needlessly convoluted.

Zexiontwo

Cursed sun...
sorry i should amend my original statement.

A bad bunch of stupid anime games with an even stupider fanbase that likes stupid anime shit.

*evil glare* i'm watching you from closer than you think

*evil glare*

I'd...I'd stop there. :V

In terms of complication, there are games far more complex than the Kingdom Hearts series. I mean, if you think things through for even a few minutes, it makes sense. Sora is your standard "HURRR DURR RANDOM HERO" character, so he's not very bright, of course he wouldn't understand. Donald and Goofy are no different. Its not a very complicated storyline.