• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kingdom Hearts Discussion

Rakurai

And then they released the obligatory extra video that left me feeling horribly confused.

It's going to be three or four months before the JP version of KHUX reaches KHX's finale so it can start explaining what the heck is going on.

Rowdy

The other day, I came across an interesting KH theory on YouTube, about the possibility that Ventus may have come from Daybreak Town and might have been Ava's Dandelion's sent into "outside world". The theory was made following that recent Key Art showing KH3 Sora along with Riku, Kairi, Ephemera, Skuld, Chirithy, and Ventus (or Roxas).

Look up the vid if you want to hear more on the theory. If it ends up becoming true, I wonder if Ven could appear in the Key Backcover movie in 2.8, possibly filling in the Player characters role for Foreteller interactions?

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I just recently got a chance to see the fan translated XChi storyline (since I don't have an android or iOS phone, that's really my only option since they won't localize the browser version). I have to say, at the rate the series is going, Square might need to hire Hideo Kojima to make sense of the plot once everything starts to tie together.

And then they released the obligatory extra video that left me feeling horribly confused.

[spoil]The only thing I can think of is Maleficent got ahold of the Book of Prophecies (she specified that world and mentioned Sora, so Sora must be in the book too).

But I will say it was kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy. Though the irony of it was that it might not have come to pass, had they not known about it in the first place (which of course ties into part of the theme of the series, things people are better off not knowing; the keyblade wielders in that game definitely would have been better off not knowing the prophecy).[/spoil]

Last edited:

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Kingdom Hearts II.8 TGS trailer
The game got delayed, but fortunately for only a month, so it's now out January 24th, 2017 in US and JP (no word on EU yet) instead of December. Seems they removed the drop gauge in 3D? The remixed Simple and Clean is pretty good.

Xuxuba

Kingdom Hearts II.8 TGS trailer
The game got delayed, but fortunately for only a month, so it's now out January 24th, 2017 in US and JP (no word on EU yet) instead of December. Seems they removed the drop gauge in 3D? The remixed Simple and Clean is pretty good.

Thank god, that thing was so annoying.

Another delay? This makes me think that KH3 will come even later than we expected. Maybe it will become the new Final Fantasy XV.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I expect a new remix for Sanctuary for KHIII.
Utada Hikaru is actually having her comeback debut soon after her 2011 hiatus, and Disney has changed their stance on videogames I think earlier this year after Disney Infinity was cancelled. The rumor was that Disney didn't pay Utada Hikaru what she deserved, but if Disney's videogame division has a new more positive management, they could be willing to pay more so she'd be willing to come back for KHIII. Well that's my theory at least.

Thank god, that thing was so annoying.

Another delay? This makes me think that KH3 will come even later than we expected. Maybe it will become the new Final Fantasy XV.

Another? No, this is the only delay so far, and it's only by a month, so not too long. I expect KHIII to finally release late next year.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Holy cow, I didn't expect to see the graphics to be this good.

EvanUn0

To be honest, Kingdom Hearts 2.8's very slight delay is like, the first game delay I've ever not had that "bleugh" feeling with. It's shaping up to exceed my expectations, and I cannot be mad after hearing that beautiful remix of Simple and Clean. That was a CLEAN remix! Seriously, full version plz.

Also, a little theory: Utada's new album comes out this month, and one of the tracks on it is called 'Tomodachi', which means friend in Japanese. I'm not saying it could be in KH3, buuuuuut... ;)

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I'm not getting 2.8. I already have Dream Drop Distance and I'm not getting a PS4 just to play the new content. There are only two games out for the system which isn't enough for me to go out and get it.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I'm not getting 2.8. I already have Dream Drop Distance and I'm not getting a PS4 just to play the new content. There are only two games out for the system which isn't enough for me to go out and get it.

Unless you have an Xbox One, the PS4's the only other platform you'll get to play KHIII on.

Anyway, KHI.5 + II.5 ReMix coming only to PS4 on March 9 for JP, 28 for US, and 31 for EU.

Also, Drive forms are back in KHIII, and there are two new forms announced. Expect more KHIII info after II.8 releases.

Also also, Sora will become a free DLC in World of Final Fantasy this winter.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Seriously SE? 1 + 1.5 + 2 + 2.5 + 3 + 0.2 + 2.8= 13. I guess why 2.8 wasn't called 2.9. As for the new trailer, that was really good CGI. If not for the art style and lighting, I would have never guess it was CGI.