• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kingdom Hearts Discussion

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Picked this game up yesterday....I can honesty say the opening mini game for Riku in the Grid sucks...horribly. Anyone got any tips? Love everything else about it...I WANT to love The Grid, but I can't beat that stupid mini game....

I hate the Grid. Ugh... Riku keeps on dying and Sora is stuck against Rinzler because my Meow Wow doesn't have enough Points to learn Cura...

Also, I like how this is a good entry game as it gives you a lot of information.

Also, anyone else find that Huge Difficulty Spike at the Grid?

LordCBH

I hate the Grid. Ugh... Riku keeps on dying and Sora is stuck against Rinzler because my Meow Wow doesn't have enough Points to learn Cura...

Also, I like how this is a good entry game as it gives you a lot of information.

Also, anyone else find that Huge Difficulty Spike at the Grid?

I thought there was a big difficulty spike at Notre Dame. And if it makes any difference, I'm playing on Proud Mode.

Blitz Lucario

So far I can say one thing KH 3D isn't as good as some of the other games. 358/2 Days had way better gameplay than this one.

Liltwick

I thought there was a big difficulty spike at Notre Dame. And if it makes any difference, I'm playing on Proud Mode.

Oh... I play on Standard for First Runs. Ugh *Shakes Head* Yea, that'll be hard

LordCBH

Oh... I play on Standard for First Runs. Ugh *Shakes Head* Yea, that'll be hard

I just cleared The Grid as Sora. It wasn't as bad as Notre Dame, but I also grinded levels a bit in ND. The boss of The Grid, however, was another story. He was actually tough.

diakyu

I'm loving it so far. Just finished Prankster's paradise as Riku. It was a lot shorter than the other worlds. Or maybe I just went through it to fast. Oh well, off to finish it as Sora!

TerraWolf

Banned
Sound like Proud Mode in KH3D might actually be tough. I played through Proud Mode for Aqua not too long ago and it was kind of easy after the first world

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Oh, Proud Mode in KH3D is actually really tough. I'm dying multiple times on boss fights, which I don't typically do in games anymore. Even some of the special link portals have killed me. Just started on Prankster's Paradise, and I'm kind of dreading the claims that other people have made of there being a difficulty spike in the last few worlds. I can't even fathom what Critical must be like...

I personally really like the combat system in this game and BBS - it gives much easier access to flashier, more fun moves without having to sacrifice MP that I might need for healing. That and the flowmotion system makes it really easy to get around, but the huge areas make treasure chests kind of hard to find (which bothers me as a completionist). The one thing that I really don't like about this system is that stat-boosting abilities are linked to the Dream Eaters and can't be permanently acquired. Kind of a disappointment - I'd really like to be able to fill out my ability board... For that matter, I'd like to have temporary party members other than Dream Eaters (particularly in Traverse Town), but system in place works. Dropping started out as an alright feature for me, but it's starting to grate when I'm busy hunting down chests and the like.

Luckily, the story is looking to be really strong so far, and it's starting to bring things together like the series so desperately needed. Can't spoil anything, but Sora and Riku are already developing in the right directions. So far, so good.

TL;DR Proud Mode is actually hard and, aside from a few nit-picks, I'm digging KH3D so far.

diakyu

Symphony of sorcery is simply the greatest world to ever grace Kingdom Hearts.

MonkeyX

I really like KH3D so far, I just finished Prankster's Paradise with both Sora and Riku. I'm liking it alot more than BBS, having Dream Eaters with me at all times is nice, and flowmotion is pretty cool, I wouldn't mind seeing it in future games.

I'm kinda uncertain on how I feel about the drop mechanic, I don't really mind it , but I was about 8 seconds away from getting dropped when I was fighting Sora's boss in PP before I beat it, so hopefully that won't happen again.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
Lol, just beat the main story of the game. But I do plan on going back to each world and completing each link portal. Also, have any of you noticed the name of the link portals are the names of characters from Dissidia: Final Fantasy?

EonDragonFTW

yea, I did.
Also, anybody know where to get Intrepid Fancys? I need 4 more of them to make a Drill Sye (the Rhino thing), and I only have one. It's pissing me off how I spent (almost) the whole day trying to find more, but I didn't even get a second one.

Blitz Lucario

Okay I am trying to beat the Anti-Black Coat and it is really starting to piss me off. As Riku I am at Level 29 right now and mostly use melee attacks with Curaga. I can usually handle the battle pretty well but when ABC grabs me in the air and brings my life down to 1 HP. Is there anything I can do to help get past him.

diakyu

Okay I am trying to beat the Anti-Black Coat and it is really starting to piss me off. As Riku I am at Level 29 right now and mostly use melee attacks with Curaga. I can usually handle the battle pretty well but when ABC grabs me in the air and brings my life down to 1 HP. Is there anything I can do to help get past him.
Well when he grabs you up in the air you can go ahead and move to your cure command so you can immediately heal yourself. Sometimes you can get lucky and try to dodge forward when he does that attack. There really is no good position to fight him since he has got melee attacks and ranged attacks. I basically just spammed my commands. And if you are having this much trouble, good luck on the battles after. The boss before the final is wrecking me so hard.

Edit: I think when he drains your HP, he also heals himself. So that's nice.

Edit 2: In a completely unrelated note, those T-rex enemies in TWTNW can go die in a fire.

Last edited:

Master Leo

The Dark Side
Well when he grabs you up in the air you can go ahead and move to your cure command so you can immediately heal yourself. Sometimes you can get lucky and try to dodge forward when he does that attack. There really is no good position to fight him since he has got melee attacks and ranged attacks. I basically just spammed my commands. And if you are having this much trouble, good luck on the battles after. The boss before the final is wrecking me so hard.

Edit: I think when he drains your HP, he also heals himself. So that's nice.

I had to train to level 32 to beat him. This is how I won:

Commands I used the most:
Curaga
Balloonga
Just melee attacks

Alright, treat the battle like the MF battle in BBS. Keep a far distance because he will teleport if you get close. Also make sure that you dodge the move that takes you down to 1 hp, which is easier if you're far away (if you see it coming you can also just block against it). Next, while you're dodging, your Dream Eaters should be attacking him, which oddly, makes him stagger. Note that regular melee attacks make him stagger more the melee commands. If you have Balloonga, equip it. It made the last few bosses a cakewalk. The first shot sends out a huge bubble and on impact turns into 6 smaller bubbles which follow enemies and stagger him so you can melee to get extra damage.

Now the best times to strike are when:

1) Your dream eaters are attacking him and making him stagger.
2) He hovers around, not doing anything.
3) When he tries to melee you, block and use counter or a command.

@diakyu: are you at
Ansem

diakyu

@diakyu: are you at
Ansem
This is kind of a spoiler if you don't know what comes after the guy you just mentioned. But I'm at...

young Xehanort

Liltwick

Okay, I'm finally at The World that Never Was, and with my precious Ghostabocky >_>

Master Leo

The Dark Side
This is kind of a spoiler if you don't know what comes after the guy you just mentioned. But I'm at...

young Xehanort

Oh, ok. Yea, that fight was....interesting to say the least.