• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kingdom Hearts Discussion

WastingLight

Kh3 was announced to tell fans that they have actually started developing it. I wouldn't expect to see it released until late 2015 as they said they will also be making Kh2.5hd remix.

EeveeSoulSilver

Dragon Trainer
Kh3 was announced to tell fans that they have actually started developing it. I wouldn't expect to see it released until late 2015 as they said they will also be making Kh2.5hd remix.

Ah man! I wish I had a PS3! But i can't afford it and now PS4 is coming out! Oh well. I'm sure I'll find some way to play KH3 eventually.

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
The games aren't likely going to be on the PS3 anyway. They're probably developing them to be released on the next gen consoles.

I don't see the point in making collections that are supposed to fix the problem of the series being spread out across five different machines... on two different machines. Blame Sony for axing backwards compatibility (though they kind of had to- emulating the Cell processor is going to be nasty business), more than anything. Well, and Square for not releasing the collections on PSN, but even then that wouldn't necessarily mean you'd be able to Gaikai them on PS4.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
I don't see the point in making collections that are supposed to fix the problem of the series being spread out across five different machines... on two different machines. Blame Sony for axing backwards compatibility (though they kind of had to- emulating the Cell processor is going to be nasty business), more than anything. Well, and Square for not releasing the collections on PSN, but even then that wouldn't necessarily mean you'd be able to Gaikai them on PS4.
_
Maybe they'll put KH 1.5 and 2.5 on the ps4 eshop. KHIII will be my sole reason for a PS4 anyways, but I think square might release them on psn just to help PS4 sales instead of XB1.

Simon Black

Dark lord of dragons
What I really hope you can play PS3 games on the PS4

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Hey, I have KH3D DDD, and I stopped playing a while back on getting onto the tron stage, should I continue? I don't find this particular game in the series as interesting.

If it bores you, stop.
DDD is considered a rather meh game overall.
Just don't keep playing for story, for the love of god don't!

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Gonna be picking up Kingdom Hearts 1.5 soon. Haven't played the first game in ages. I just know that I hated Winnie the Pooh and his woodland pals. Sora's voice will annoy me to no end. I never played Chain of Memories so that should be pretty fun except for the whole card thing. Haven't played 358/2 either. Well I played the beginning but I hate Roxas so just watching it will be fine with me. Hopefully they'll announce 2.5 sometime soon.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I still have reason to believe that KH III could be the last game with Sora as the main character, despite what others have said. There are things that have happened in the games that support this. In fact, after having played Birth By Sleep, I'm more convinced than I ever was before that this might indeed be the case.

I still have reason to believe that KH III could be the last game with Sora as the main character, despite what others have said. There are things that have happened in the games that support this. In fact, after having played Birth By Sleep, I'm more convinced than I ever was before that this might indeed be the case.

Nomura had offical said many times that KH is Sora's sstory and he will remain as the main character.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Nomura had offical said many times that KH is Sora's sstory and he will remain as the main character.

KH III could be the last game in the series. Sorry to say, but I have many reasons to believe that KH III one way or another, might be Sora's last game (or at least the last one with him as the controllable protagonist). Actually, the biggest argument for this lies in Birth By Sleep.

There are generally two accepted theories as to why Sora can wield a Keyblade.

[spoil]The first one is that Keyblades are sentient and it just happened to choose him. I don't buy this one because if they were simply sentient, then there would be no need for Keyblade Masters to seek out prospective Keyblade wielders.

The second one is that when Sora came into contact with Ventus' heart, it awakened his abilities with a Keyblade. This seems like the most likely scenario, since every other Keyblade wielder we've seen has needed another Keyblade wielder to awaken their abilities.

Now let's apply some basic logic. If Ventus' heart is the reason that Sora can use a Keyblade, and Sora is supposed to resolve all of the plotlines that have been established up to this point in KH III, then Sora would lose his ability to wield a Keyblade by the end of KH III.[/spoil]

I've got kingdom hearts 1 and 2 on Ps2 and I'm currently playing though kingdom hearts 358/2 days on my DS which is awesome game :)

I just got the 1.5 HD collection today. So I'm going through the entire series again now.

Last edited:
KH III could be the last game in the series. Sorry to say, but I have many reasons to believe that KH III one way or another, might be Sora's last game (or at least the last one with him as the controllable protagonist). Actually, the biggest argument for this lies in Birth By Sleep.

There are generally two accepted theories as to why Sora can wield a Keyblade.

[spoil]The first one is that Keyblades are sentient and it just happened to choose him. I don't buy this one because if they were simply sentient, then there would be no need for Keyblade Masters to seek out prospective Keyblade wielders.

The second one is that when Sora came into contact with Ventus' heart, it awakened his abilities with a Keyblade. This seems like the most likely scenario, since every other Keyblade wielder we've seen has needed another Keyblade wielder to awaken their abilities.

Now let's apply some basic logic. If Ventus' heart is the reason that Sora can use a Keyblade, and Sora is supposed to resolve all of the plotlines that have been established up to this point in KH III, then Sora would lose his ability to wield a Keyblade by the end of KH III.[/spoil]

I just got the 1.5 HD collection today. So I'm going through the entire series again now.

Before I lost it, I want you go to KHinsider, and say that to anyone and they will say the same thing I just said with proof. And Sora earned the second Keyblade from Ventus, nothing else. And Nomura has said interviews of this and last year that the KH3 is not the last game but the end of the Xehanort Saga.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
They reason Sora can wield a Keyblade is because of Ventus' heart, but also because the Keyblade chose him. It's been stated many times in the first game. Even if he releases Ventus' heart, he would still be able to wield a Keyblade because he is pure of heart.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
And Sora earned the second Keyblade from Ventus, nothing else.

Then who gave Sora the ability to wield a Keyblade in the first place?

And Nomura has said interviews of this and last year that the KH3 is not the last game but the end of the Xehanort Saga.

A game director or a producer of anything saying that it isn't the last entry in a series is not necessarily a guarantee of a sequel (reference Dragon Quarter). Unfortunately, until Kingdom Hearts IV is physically out, anything that is said by anyone regarding future installments beyond KHIII, staff or not, official site or not, is hearsay at best. Until I see pictures of KH IV, it didn't happen. Given the rate the numbered games are coming out, the PS5 might be out before we know for certain. So for the time being, all we can really talk about KH III, since that's all we have to go on right now.

They reason Sora can wield a Keyblade is because of Ventus' heart, but also because the Keyblade chose him. It's been stated many times in the first game. Even if he releases Ventus' heart, he would still be able to wield a Keyblade because he is pure of heart.

That could very well be the case. But it would also downplay Keyblade Masters quite a bit. Of course, that could be what they're getting at with KH III in the first place. It could be one of those things where they're questioning whether they should hold onto the old ways or not. Whether the old ways are even relevant anymore. That would actually be a pretty interesting plot point for the game to cover, and there are a lot of things that could come from that.

Last edited:
Then who gave Sora the ability to wield a Keyblade in the first place?

A game director or a producer of anything saying that it isn't the last entry in a series is not necessarily a guarantee of a sequel (reference Dragon Quarter). Unfortunately, until Kingdom Hearts IV is physically out, anything that is said by anyone regarding future installments beyond KHIII, staff or not, official site or not, is hearsay at best. Until I see pictures of KH IV, it didn't happen. Given the rate the numbered games are coming out, the PS5 might be out before we know for certain. So for the time being, all we can really talk about KH III, since that's all we have to go on right now.

That could very well be the case. But it would also downplay Keyblade Masters quite a bit. Of course, that could be what they're getting at with KH III in the first place. It could be one of those things where they're questioning whether they should hold onto the old ways or not. Whether the old ways are even relevant anymore. That would actually be a pretty interesting plot point for the game to cover, and there are a lot of things that could come from that.

He gained it himself, no help from Ventus or anyone besides the second keyblade. And the Kingdom Key was Riku's until he fell to darkness and it went to Sora. When it went back to Riku and Sora's heart was stronger than his, it is now his.

Go on KHinisder where all Nomura's interviews are listed, he said so. Regardless of if a KHIV happens, It will be always be Sora.'s story.

Do you not do actual research than your own assumptions?