• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kingdom Hearts: The Club of Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Original stories would be nice coming from older worlds like the Pride Lands, but I can see why they would stick to the movie's version with newer worlds

I just wish they'd do it like Kingdom Hearts 1 did. They added elements of movies in Disney worlds, but it wasn't the entire story. Like in Agrabah, Atlantica, Deep Jungle, Halloween Town, and such, they had elements of their movies but added their own spin on what was going on as well, with the Heartless, and the Disney villains trying to find the Keyholes and Princess. And other places like Neverland, and the Olympus Coliseum had almost 100% original content for story purposes.

Then we get to KH II and it feels like we're just playing Disney movies and half the time they don't even add to the main plot. Pride Lands is all filler in the grand scheme of searching for Riku and fighting Organization 13 and doesn't advance any part of the storyline, I was surprised it wasn't optional...is it optional? I will give credit to worlds like Space Paranoids, Timeless River, Beast Castle and some of the secondary stories that take place after the Hollow Bastion battle. They did try new stuff. I Like KH II but I do not simply want to play the movie of a world. I would like some originality as well.

Last edited:

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I just wish they'd do it like Kingdom Hearts 1 did. They added elements of movies in Disney worlds, but it wasn't the entire story. Like in Agrabah, Atlantica, Deep Jungle, Halloween Town, and such, they had elements of their movies but added their own spin on what was going on as well, with the Heartless, and the Disney villains trying to find the Keyholes and Princess. And other places like Neverland, and the Olympus Coliseum had almost 100% original content for story purposes.

Then we get to KH II and it feels like we're just playing Disney movies and half the time they don't even add to the main plot. Pride Lands is all filler in the grand scheme of searching for Riku and fighting Organization 13 and doesn't advance any part of the storyline, I was surprised it wasn't optional...is it optional? I will give credit to worlds like Space Paranoids, Timeless River, Beast Castle and some of the secondary stories that take place after the Hollow Bastion battle. They did try new stuff. I Like KH II but I do not simply want to play the movie of a world. I would like some originality as well.

I like Pridelands solely for having Sora turn into a cute lion cub /)^3^(\ he's just so cute!

Luxvan

Mozilla Fennekin
Come on... I can't be the only one who desperately wants Paradise Falls (Up) in KH3 if they do Pixar Films.
Dogs would be like the Hyenas in Pride Lands, or maybe the old bad guy (forgot his name, thought it was Carl but that's the main guy lol) would just be using Heartless. Or... Heartless Dogs.
And a minigame starring Kevin.
Plus, vistas would be G O R G E O U S because that's what Paradise Falls was all about.

@Above: You can beat the game without ever needing to go to Pride Lands, so it actually is kinda optional XD. The world would get unlocked, but it's like "Oh look, Twilight Town and The World that Never Was!!"
Still, Pride Lands was actually my favorite world... Lion Form is what KH1's Atlantica should've been. Entirely new Sora without use of your main abilities, but you get new, exclusive, AND useful ones instead! And Scar was a GREAT boss. Hope it comes back with LK2, since that'd be easy to work off of.

I do hope, however, that if anything, they work on the worlds' own narratives. I know it's kinda restrictive, trying to fill in an entire movie with maybe 15 minutes of cutscene in total with the usual gameplay and KH story, but it's like watching a bad interpretation of the movie instead of incorporating it into the game. DDD was a bit better at it, though at the same time the worlds had almost nothing to do with the story, except for Traverse Town. All the worlds were just kinda following the movie with the bad guys appearing at the end and giving some cryptic speech of some sort. lol

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
There already has been a Stitch world, Deep Space from Birth by Sleep, if you didnt know. Sorry if you did.

no i did not i don't own sleep by birth i don't have a psp since i don't think i will ever get it XD but anyway so that explain why they over did it on the mickey worlds on dream drop LOL but i like to see more new worlds though it would be nice...paradise falls from up is cool :) as well as other disney movies...why not do something like snow white unless they did it in sleep by birth or sleeping bueaty would be nice since in KH1 the princesses were there but no world yet for them...

EonDragonFTW

no i did not i don't own sleep by birth i don't have a psp since i don't think i will ever get it XD but anyway so that explain why they over did it on the mickey worlds on dream drop LOL but i like to see more new worlds though it would be nice...paradise falls from up is cool :) as well as other disney movies...why not do something like snow white unless they did it in sleep by birth or sleeping bueaty would be nice since in KH1 the princesses were there but no world yet for them...
Sorry, but they already did Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and Cinderella worlds in Birth
by Sleep

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Before BBS came, I was hoping to see a Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and Cinderella world in KH III, similar to how they put Beast Castle in KH II after Sora had met both Beast and Belle, and that allowed for a more original story with Xaldin, rather then a movie clone. I was hoping for that and while it can still happen, I was slightly disappointed they were used in BBS first. It made me feel more pressured into buying a PSP for BBS alone. Oh well, the game was nice anyway.

Before BBS came, I was hoping to see a Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and Cinderella world in KH III, similar to how they put Beast Castle in KH II after Sora had met both Beast and Belle, and that allowed for a more original story with Xaldin, rather then a movie clone. I was hoping for that and while it can still happen, I was slightly disappointed they were used in BBS first. It made me feel more pressured into buying a PSP for BBS alone. Oh well, the game was nice anyway.

Umm, they're going to do them again for obivous reasons regarding the POHs.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Sorry, but they already did Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and Cinderella worlds in Birth
by Sleep

LOL like i said i never new XD yeah maybe i should just watch the freakin gameplay on youtube or something....i never will know about this wonderful game D: so what other worlds so i don't keep naming more that are from the game i don't care bout spoilers ill never get a psp so no worries...

FierceDeity1

Savior of Termina
LOL like i said i never new XD yeah maybe i should just watch the freakin gameplay on youtube or something....i never will know about this wonderful game D: so what other worlds so i don't keep naming more that are from the game i don't care bout spoilers ill never get a psp so no worries...

Land of Departure- new world for story purposes
Mysterious Tower- like in KH2 and 3D
Enchanted Dominion- Sleeping Beauty
Castle of Dreams- Cinderella
Dwarf Woodlands- Snow White
Olympus Colosseum- mostly the same but there is a small city area
Deep Space- Spaceship from Lilo and Stitch
Neverland- NOT just the pirate ship from 1, the whole island!
Disney Town- the town ruled by King Mickey
Radient Garden- Hollow Bastion before Maleficent took it over
Mirage Arena- multiplayer games and tournaments
Keyblade Graveyard- new story world

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Land of Departure- new world for story purposes
Mysterious Tower- like in KH2 and 3D
Enchanted Dominion- Sleeping Beauty
Castle of Dreams- Cinderella
Dwarf Woodlands- Snow White
Olympus Colosseum- mostly the same but there is a small city area
Deep Space- Spaceship from Lilo and Stitch
Neverland- NOT just the pirate ship from 1, the whole island!
Disney Town- the town ruled by King Mickey
Radient Garden- Hollow Bastion before Maleficent took it over
Mirage Arena- multiplayer games and tournaments
Keyblade Graveyard- new story world

oh okay thanks and btw the island was on 358/2 days btw for neverland...not sure if you know that...the psp version is the only game i haven't played now and of course kingdom hearst III lol....

FierceDeity1

Savior of Termina
Neverland in BBS is better, though, cuz it has the mermaid lagoon, skull rock, Indian village, and other areas from the movie free to explore. And there isnt very much flying.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Neverland in BBS is better, though, cuz it has the mermaid lagoon, skull rock, Indian village, and other areas from the movie free to explore. And there isnt very much flying.

ahhh i see yeah i never liked playing kingdom hearts on the handhelds really cuaz tbh the controls sometimes are so annoying but its still playable the only one that give me the most trouble is recoded....im stuck on the trick master cuaz the buttons keep changing directon on me when it moves upside down and right to left...its so confusing >.< why did that do that -__________- i just gave up on that game...all the other ones i have beat besides of course bbs and ddd cuaz i have been extremely busy lately...thank you for the info on birth by sleep :)

Coded was really just a disappointment in general to me. I expected more plot development on the game and for some reason even the gameplay seemed repetitive, and I love KH gameplay...

Speaking of that, less than a week for my KH1.5 copy+artbook to come! Who else pre-ordered it?

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Coded was really just a disappointment in general to me. I expected more plot development on the game and for some reason even the gameplay seemed repetitive, and I love KH gameplay...

Speaking of that, less than a week for my KH1.5 copy+artbook to come! Who else pre-ordered it?

I would if I had a PS3, but hey, congrats!! Tell us what you think of it once you get it.

FierceDeity1

Savior of Termina
My brother preordered, and im pretty excited to experience these adventures once again before KH3 blows my mind.

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
Favorite KH Game: Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
Favorite Character: Ventus so far
Claim: Zexion
Favorite Weapon: Parting Ipheion and Wayward Wind

flawlessazn

Spiffy ~ ^^"
flawlessazn
Favorite KH Game: Birth By Sleep
Favorite Character: Sora
Claim: Leon
Favorite Weapon: Ultima Weapon

Actucally, Coded did have plot devlopment... I can't get the spoiler tags right, but ask nicely on KHinsider and they will nicely tell you back.

Last edited:

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Actucally, Coded did have plot devlopment... I can't get the spoiler tags right, but ask nicely on KHinsider and they will nicely tell you back.

Really? All I got out of it was a summary.

A rehash of KH 1, learning about (and thanking) Namine, learning that 'their' hurting needs to be ended, and Mickey sums up the whole adventure and sends it off to Sora.

Really? All I got out of it was a summary.

A rehash of KH 1, learning about (and thanking) Namine, learning that 'their' hurting needs to be ended, and Mickey sums up the whole adventure and sends it off to Sora.

Play the game completely, and ask for Sephiroth0182. He's a expert of KHinsider. And a Summauary will not tell you everything that won't be anything to learn by not playing the game.

While it uses world from the first games, it's clearly not a rehash.

Status
Not open for further replies.