• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kingdom Hearts: The Club of Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
Azurewing and flawlessazn: Accepted
Welcome to Oblivion. Sorry for the wait, Azurewing.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Play the game completely, and ask for Sephiroth0182. He's a expert of KHinsider. And a Summauary will not tell you everything that won't be anything to learn by not playing the game.

While it uses world from the first games, it's clearly not a rehash.

I'm just using the barest of the bare bones here. The point is basically it has the least amount of plot involved in any KH game.

I'm just using the barest of the bare bones here. The point is basically it has the least amount of plot involved in any KH game.

Sigh, people say that about Coded and Days. They really do impact the story. I said go ask Khinsider Forums, did you not ask?

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Sigh, people say that about Coded and Days. They really do impact the story. I said go ask Khinsider Forums, did you not ask?

It's quite all right. I've already researched upon the game.

And Days having a weak plot? Hmm...I didn't think so. I quite liked it, but I guess that is the majorities opinion on the matter.

Either way, Coded I feel like could have been touched upon in a more simpler summary. They could've gone without the whole, exploring the journal and datas and whatever. After all, from what I have heard and researched, THIS IS NOT MY OPINION BTW-- Re:Coded was a way to get KH back into the light in America, and Japan I guess. Birth by Sleep didn't get many, if any, commercials whereas Coded was seen frequently in commercials and advertisements. The plot wasn't groundbreaking, but it was a way to be like, "Hey, check out this game," *pushes into the light* "And now that you're interested, you can check out our other games too!" *Pushes out one of the best video game franchises ever imo*

Either way, you can go through the entire series, skip Re:Coded, and you won't miss anything. Whereas if you skipped BBS you will have missed the origins of how everything fell apart essentially.

BBS- Backstory and origin

KH I- Main characters, story, Riku's fall and rise, Sora turns into a heartless, gets restored by Kairi. Essentially the whole 'series' picks up here after 10 years of a stand still

CoM- Sora and co enter Castle Oblivion, Namine is introduced, Organization XIII is vaguely introduced, nobodies are vaguely introduced, Sora is put to sleep by Namine to get back his memories that were messed with during the game. Riku arrives in Castle Oblivion from the Realm of Darkness, learns to embrace his darkness, reunites with Mickey, defeats the lingering Ansem within his heart, meets DiZ, asks Namine to look after Sora, and takes the Road to Dawn.

358/2 Days- Roxas' story is told, Axel is explained, Xion is explained, Org. XIII is for the most part explained. Roxas develops a strong friendship with Xion and Axel while gaining his own identity, revolts against Org. XIII. Riku gets Xion to go back to Sora, as well as taking Roxas to do the same. Roxas is placed in a virtual Twilight Town while Axel is left friendless :'(

KH II- Roxas goes back to Sora. Sora wakes up and searches for his friends. Org. XIII tries to mess with him. More story, more plot. Kairi gets kidnapped, then rescued, gets a keyblade. Riku is revealed to be taking the form of Ansem. Riku, Sora, and Kairi reunite. Riku is returned to normal after Ansem the Wise's machine explodes and is sent to the Realm of Darkness. Roxas and Namine return to Sora and Kairi respectively. Riku and Sora defeat Xemnas, return home, and then get a letter from Mickey to inform them of another mission.

Re:Coded- "Thank Namine", Data of worlds is introduced, "Their hurting must be ended"...that's really about it. Nothing really happens that affects the overarching plot

DDD: Riku and Sora take the Mark of Mastery, are sent to awaken the Sleeping worlds, get interrupted by the new Org. XIII, and we see more of Riku's redemption. Sora 'sees' Terra, Aqua, and Ventus from BBS, along with Xion, Namine, and Roxas. We learn that Nobodies can 'regrow' hearts and that the Kingdom Hearts plan was actually to make the whole Org. into 12 clones of the newly returned Master Xehanort. Lea, Even, Aeleus, Ienzo, Dilan, Isa, and Braig come back. Riku becomes immune to the darkness, fights Young Xehanort, and stops Sora from being turned into a vessel. They all escape, Riku awakens Sora, is named Keyblade Master while Sora fails the test. Lea also gets a keyblade. Kairi is named as one of the seven lights as we pave the road for KH III.

I'm not trying to bash poor Coded, Lord knows it doesn't need anymore, but the proof is in the details, or lack thereof. I don't think it needed to be a game, but that's me. If they were to take Coded out of the mix, it wouldn't change anything. It would've been mentioned at the end of KH II or the beginning of DDD. People complained that it wasn't a 'full' game. They thought there was going to be an innovative addition to the plot, but it was just a way to get the KH series fresh into people's minds before creating a much better DS game-DDD

And Days having a weak plot? Hmm...I didn't think so. I quite liked it, but I guess that is the majorities opinion on the matter.

Either way, Coded I feel like could have been touched upon in a more simpler summary. They could've gone without the whole, exploring the journal and datas and whatever. After all, from what I have heard and researched, THIS IS NOT MY OPINION BTW-- Re:Coded was a way to get KH back into the light in America, and Japan I guess. Birth by Sleep didn't get many, if any, commercials whereas Coded was seen frequently in commercials and advertisements. The plot wasn't groundbreaking, but it was a way to be like, "Hey, check out this game," *pushes into the light* "And now that you're interested, you can check out our other games too!" *Pushes out one of the best video game franchises ever imo*

Either way, you can go through the entire series, skip Re:Coded, and you won't miss anything. Whereas if you skipped BBS you will have missed the origins of how everything fell apart essentially.

KH I- Main characters, story, Riku's fall and rise, Sora turns into a heartless, gets restored by Kairi. Essentially the whole 'series' picks up here after 10 years of a stand still

CoM- Sora and co enter Castle Oblivion, Namine is introduced, Organization XIII is vaguely introduced, nobodies are vaguely introduced, Sora is put to sleep by Namine to get back his memories that were messed with during the game. Riku arrives in Castle Oblivion from the Realm of Darkness, learns to embrace his darkness, reunites with Mickey, defeats the lingering Ansem within his heart, meets DiZ, asks Namine to look after Sora, and takes the Road to Dawn.

358/2 Days- Roxas' story is told, Axel is explained, Xion is explained, Org. XIII is for the most part explained. Roxas develops a strong friendship with Xion and Axel while gaining his own identity, revolts against Org. XIII. Riku gets Xion to go back to Sora, as well as taking Roxas to do the same. Roxas is placed in a virtual Twilight Town while Axel is left friendless :'(

KH II- Roxas goes back to Sora. Sora wakes up and searches for his friends. Org. XIII tries to mess with him. More story, more plot. Kairi gets kidnapped, then rescued, gets a keyblade. Riku is revealed to be taking the form of Ansem. Riku, Sora, and Kairi reunite. Riku is returned to normal after Ansem the Wise's machine explodes and is sent to the Realm of Darkness. Roxas and Namine return to Sora and Kairi respectively. Riku and Sora defeat Xemnas, return home, and then get a letter from Mickey to inform them of another mission.

Re:Coded- "Thank Namine", Data of worlds is introduced, "Their hurting must be ended"...that's really about it. Nothing really happens that affects the overarching plot

DDD: Riku and Sora take the Mark of Mastery, are sent to awaken the Sleeping worlds, get interrupted by the new Org. XIII, and we see more of Riku's redemption. Sora 'sees' Terra, Aqua, and Ventus from BBS, along with Xion, Namine, and Roxas. We learn that Nobodies can 'regrow' hearts and that the Kingdom Hearts plan was actually to make the whole Org. into 12 clones of the newly returned Master Xehanort. Lea, Even, Aeleus, Ienzo, Dilan, Isa, and Braig come back. Riku becomes immune to the darkness, fights Young Xehanort, and stops Sora from being turned into a vessel. They all escape, Riku awakens Sora, is named Keyblade Master while Sora fails the test. Lea also gets a keyblade. Kairi is named as one of the seven lights as we pave the road for KH III.

I'm not trying to bash poor Coded, Lord knows it doesn't need anymore, but the proof is in the details, or lack thereof. I don't think it needed to be a game, but that's me. If they were to take Coded out of the mix, it wouldn't change anything. It would've been mentioned at the end of KH II or the beginning of DDD. People complained that it wasn't a 'full' game. They thought there was going to be an innovative addition to the plot, but it was just a way to get the KH series fresh into people's minds before creating a much better DS game-DDD

I wasn't going to spoil becuase I can't work the tags, but now !do:

-Can data have hearts
-Can someone non-living have hearts or grow a heart
-Can Xehanort be more than one
-leading to Mark of Mastery
-Could the tormented one effect Sora in a way

All that I won't have spoiled if you just went to Khinisder Forums and asked.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I wasn't going to spoil becuase I can't work the tags, but now !do:

-Can data have hearts

All that I won't have spoiled if you just went to Khinisder Forums and asked.

It's not a spoiler for me because, yet again, I already knew that.

I still don't like this game. That's just my take on it. If you like it, then who cares what I think? All that matters is that you enjoy it. I don't like it and don't really think there's a sufficient amount of meat to make it so, but it has it's fans. Even though it got the lowest score of any KH game. It still has its fans.

FierceDeity1

Savior of Termina
My plan for tomorrow: wake up, check serebii for leaks, go to school, get back, check serebii again if no leaks, then play some KH1.5!!! (if my brother isnt)

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
My plan for tomorrow: wake up, check serebii for leaks, go to school, get back, check serebii again if no leaks, then play some KH1.5!!! (if my brother isnt)

Soon...Corocoro....soon.

flawlessazn

Spiffy ~ ^^"
Might be an old topic, but Anyone here getting KH HD 1.5 when it comes out?

Master Leo

The Dark Side

I was going to, but my PS3 bit the dust (yet again) and its really not worth fixing it again since I only had 1 game for it anyway (FFXIII-2). I hope once I get my PS4 that KH1.5 will one day be available to buy from the PlayStation store.

It's not a spoiler for me because, yet again, I already knew that.

I still don't like this game. That's just my take on it. If you like it, then who cares what I think? All that matters is that you enjoy it. I don't like it and don't really think there's a sufficient amount of meat to make it so, but it has it's fans. Even though it got the lowest score of any KH game. It still has its fans.

Actually, I hate that game, I just thought you didn't know. I couldn't finish it because the SoNami fanbase getting a kick out of it. Reading a Live Journal piror before buying it didn't help. Especially when it's written by a Kairi/Aqua hater, bias, yoai fangirl who made me sick to my stomach. If someone doesn't like a character that's fine, but don't be a bias bastard if they are in the series or not.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Actually, I hate that game, I just thought you didn't know. I couldn't finish it because the SoNami fanbase getting a kick out of it. Reading a Live Journal piror before buying it didn't help. Especially when it's written by a Kairi/Aqua hater, bias, yoai fangirl who made me sick to my stomach. If someone doesn't like a character that's fine, but don't be a bias bastard if they are in the series or not.

Ah, I see! My apologies for the misunderstanding there. I'm not a fan of all the pairing, it's...unnatural if you catch my drift.

But hey guys....KH1.5 officially comes out today!! : D

Ah, I see! My apologies for the misunderstanding there. I'm not a fan of all the pairing, it's...unnatural if you catch my drift.

But hey guys....KH1.5 officially comes out today!! : D

It is unnatural... Considering it was Sora and Kairi who made her, that's either his sister or daugthur.

I won't get it until Novemeber or Christmas.

Yeah, this is exactly what I meant. I agree

About Days, I thought it had the best story (I was really touched by the Xion thing), so I dont get how anyone can say it had a weak story.

And about this:
-Can data have hearts

I'm not sure what you meant by Xehanort be more than one, but all that could, and is seen in other games (most of DDD, secret ending of BBS, Tron World in KH2, etc).

Oh and I should be getting 1.5 remix sometimes today, so yay.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster

I would...if I had a PS3. The only Playstation I plan on getting in the future would be Playstation 4, and really it's only because of KHIII. I do still play KH and KHII on my PS2.

Jacobthepokemonfreak

Fly it all away!
Anyone here play KH chi? just curious.

GravityStorm

Got it memorized?

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Iirc, all you need to play is a Japanese Yahoo account.

XD well I guess that counts me out! Oh well, maybe they'll bring it over to America...?

Status
Not open for further replies.