• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kingdra; Special or Physical?

Mr. Marowak

was wrong about Gen6
So, we all know that Kingdra has 95 on both physical and Special Attack, and moves to utilize both very well. My question? Which do you use/prefer? Personally, I run a Specs set. Ice Beam is what swayed me.

Both sets are viable. I'd say Special is better because it can run HP Fire to eliminate Ferrothorn and not be instantly walled by Steels in the sun.

GOLDENCRS

I'm a f***** Ponyta
I like a DD set with STAB Waterfall and Outrage, and a filler I guess.

Ciliano

Both sets are very powerful, but I tend to run a physical set with Chesto Berry and Dragon Dance.

Gamefreak

I like mixed, since I can use Rain Dance to mess with other weather teams and to double my speed.

Swift Swim while using Waterfall/Rain Dance/Hydro Pump/Draco Meteor is pretty awesome, although it was better in gen 4.

TM0verlord

PSN ID is on sig
Both Physical and Special Kingdra have their Strenghts, But I prefer Physical over Special with this set:
Kingdra@ Chesto Berry
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Attack/252 Speed/6 HP
-Rest
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Outrage

emboarrocks

#1 emboar fan
I like special better-depends on what moveset your running.

Kotone

My Kingdra is special. In rain it's speed doubles so you can go Modest and be powerful and fast in the same time. However, Dragon Dance is a really dangerous move too. It's all up to the trainers choice.

multi-scale

Physical has DD, but I like special because it can take down more pokes. I'm pretty sure Ferrothorn walls physical Kindras, but Special Kingdras can pull out HP Fire. Ice Beam is also nice. Overall, I see more DD Kingdra, but I prefer special.

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
Special. Physical only has Outrage and Waterfall as attacking moves, and therefore has one move that's just doing nothing, and it also gets walled by ferrothorn, one of the most commonly used pokemon.

Light Yagami0629

snatch yo apples up
i prefer special because with hp fire and dragon pulse you cover everything except for heatran which is taken out by hydro pump

I personally prefer physical just cause that's my style, and the Chesto Rest set is awesome. But both sets are good. I haven't personally used one on PO (since the Drizzle + Swift Swim ban was before I got PO to work), but I've heard a lot of success stories with Specs Kingdra in the Rain.

I've been using Special Kingdra since gen 4 =D Before it was mainstream xD