• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kirby: Right Back at Ya! (Hoshi No Kabi)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
It got a 2 chapter manga showing how Samus became a bounty hunter. It was okay.

I read that, it was a pretty decent backstory unlike SOME 2010 GAME.
Who's up for ditching this thread and creating a tread about comic, movie, and cartoon adaptions of Nintendo games?

Ain't much to talk about when it comes to the Kirby anime, and I think that this thread is slowly becoming that anyways.

kirby has his own show?

Nope, we've all just been talking about something that doesn't exist. Move along, nothing to see here.

coolminun

Banned
it was ....ok. i remember how kirby crazy I was when the show came out because I had just learned who he was from smash bros and played the crystal shards. The show meh. Some episodes were just annoying, and I really hated the fact he couldn't talk. however when i played Dreamworld 2 I recognized Kine, Koo, and Rick.

Last edited:

ParaChomp

be your own guru
They could have put a bit more depth in that part of the game. Jeez, Other M was a fresh twist and isn't that bad, people.

Am I the only one who found it funny when the mariachi band played when the BANISHED was on screen.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
They could have put a bit more depth in that part of the game. Jeez, Other M was a fresh twist and isn't that bad, people.

Am I the only one who found it funny when the mariachi band played when the BANISHED was on screen.

The game itself was fine, the story part was pretty bad though.

And it's been too long for me to remember the mariachi band, anyone got a clip?

SmartD

I've seen a few episodes and it pretty good. I've haven't seen the rest though and I can't find the rest. I like the voices for Tiff, Chef Kawasaki, Dedede, and the Customer Service guy.

Vernikova

Champion
Nah, not really, the games are all about a lone person venturing around. That said, the Mario RPGs would make great anime...if Mario weren't a silent protagonist. Same goes for the Legend of Zelda.

Alternate continuity guys. It can work.

kirby has his own show?

Don't worry. You're not missing anything special besides the original soundtrack.

Adam is the only father figure she's ever known.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Alternate continuity guys. It can work.

Probably not WELL that's the thing. I can't think of a single Nintedo-game-anime-adaptation that has a compelling story, so I doubt they could ever achieve that. Something like Fire Emblem, it being an RPG, has potential. Metroid games are about atmosphere more than anything, that's part of why Samus doesn't talk. So I don't see Metroid having more than a speck of potential for a good anime. And I really would not want to see someone's fan fiction get turned into an anime even if considered an alternate continuity.

Adam is the only father figure she's ever known.

Yes. Yes he is. (What's your point?)

Vernikova

Champion
Probably not WELL that's the thing. I can't think of a single Nintedo-game-anime-adaptation that has a compelling story, so I doubt they could ever achieve that. Something like Fire Emblem, it being an RPG, has potential. Metroid games are about atmosphere more than anything, that's part of why Samus doesn't talk. So I don't see Metroid having more than a speck of potential for a good anime. And I really would not want to see someone's fan fiction get turned into an anime even if considered an alternate continuity.

Well yeah they would have to change a few things to make it work but it could be decent to great with the right team working on it. I would also argue that a writer could mimic that atmosphere even with some changes like Samus talking more often.

Yes. Yes he is. (What's your point?)

There are some Metroid fans that take issue with that line. I mistakenly assumed you were one of them.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
You know, I noticed that this thread was about KIRBY, not METROID.

I loved Kirby: Right Back at Ya!

Great action.
One of the better video game based tv shows.
Nice to see the Copy Abilities in action. I'm glad the games are referencing it lately with Escargoon appearing in Mass Attack, Kirby using Poyo in Epic Yarn and Mass attack and the usage of Water Kirby in Kirby Wii.

PokeMaster366

Although I can not care for the English version, the Japanese version of it, which was called "Hoshii no Kaabii" (Kirby of the Stars) rules because I can actually take the characters seriously with their voices and stuff just sounds funnier in that language to me. The only thing I don't like about it is that the main subbers quit, so now it takes much longer for the episodes to be subbed so I can understand them (they may have stopped subbing period.).

Last edited:

Darth Revan

Coming Out!
I'm not a fan of most anime but Kirbi was the only one i actually liked. I haven't watched it in years but i miss it. Do they even show it anymore? In it i never understood if Meta Knight was a good guy or a bad guy, but he seemed to help a lot.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
^ Meta Knight was a good guy, he was there to watch over Kirby.

Agree with all of your points but about Tiff and Tuff, they were supposed so be Cappies, were they not? Then why did they have feet (majority of Kirby characters have leg-feet feet)? None of the other Cappies had feet nor did their parents! How would you feel if you had to tell your kid that they'd lose their feet when they were older?

They're not Cappies, actually. They're of a different race whose name we weren't given. Considering how their father works for the king, they were hired by him and thus were granted permission to live in the castle.

I like Hoshi no Kaabii, I find it an adorable anime. True, things could have been better with it, but it's a good show for kids. My brothers and I actually tried watching the subs, but we got up to episode 55 before we couldn't find the episode. We decided to take a break from it, and then the interest dropped.

My little brother is watching the 4KIDS dub, and he's liking it. I swear, didn't 4KIDS screw with the chronological order?

I really can't pick a favorite episode (since it has been a while, for one thing), but the episode where Kirby makes friends with a dog who he would see as his brother was really cute, but really, really sad. I felt sorry for them.

The 2D-3D combination of it was indeed a weird concept. Granted, they did get better as the series went on, but it was so copious, it was sometimes hard to watch because it either ruined the mood (thus making us laugh or something), or our eyes would get screwed up for a moment. I think the anime would look a lot better if it was done today in the 2D-3D concept, to be honest with you.

I saw the pilot episode, and I'm glad it wasn't aired, the graphics are horrific.

One of these days, I'll get around to finding the episodes and watching them. Poyo!

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Dear God, the True Arena is so tricky...whoops, wrong thread. I really have nothing else to say about this anime really. I would like to go off topic and discuss what other Nintendo franchises would make good anime series but, as we know, Nintendo's know for their game design not plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.