• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kirby

20110410072255!Kirby_10.PNG

http://images.wikia.com/kirby/en/images/archive/0/06/20110410072255!Kirby_10.PNG

Because the last Kirby thread was closed, I decided to make a new Kirby thread.

I am planning to run this thread like the threads in the shipper's community (examples: WishfulShipping and PokeShipping). This means that every member is allowed to ask questions in bold text, and then others can answer them, and of course you can also just talk about Kirby-related things without questions.

Rules:
- Accept and respect each other's opinion. Disagreeing and debating is fine, but please try to keep it civil.
- Bashing of any character or person is not allowed.
- Stay on-topic: the things you talk about have to be Kirby-related.

I'll start this topic with some questions, and I'll answer them myself.

What Kirby games do you own, and which of those do you like most?

- Kirby and the Amazing Mirror (GBA)
- Kirby Mouse Attack (DS)
- Kirby Super Star Ultra (DS)
- Kirby Power Paintbrush (DS)
- Kirby Air Ride (GameCube)
- Kirby's Adventure Wii (Wii)

For me, Super Smash Bros. Melee (GameCube) and Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) are Kirby games as well, because I always play as Kirby, and never as another character.

I like Super Smash Bros. Melee most out of these, and when discounting that one, Kirby Air Ride. That means that Kirby Air Ride is my favourite Kirby game. I love playing this, it never gets boring. I'm not into Top Ride, but I love Air Ride and City Trial. My favourite vehicle is the Winged Star.

What's your favourite colour for Kirby?

I just play as the pink one on games in which I can choose the colour: that's the true Kirby how it's intended. I normally really don't like pink, but I love it for Kirby. My second choice would be white/chalk Kirby.

What's your favourite copy ability?

I like using Smash on Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. I'm also a fan of Parasol ability, thanks to Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
What Kirby games do you own, and which do you like the most?

Let's see:

Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (N64)
Kirby Canvas Curse (DS)
Kirby's Adventure (Wii VC)
Kirby Squeak Squad (DS)
Kirby Super Star Ultra (DS)
Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii)
Kirby's Return to Dreamland (Wii)
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror (3DS Ambassador program)
Kirby's Dream Collection (Wii)

My favorites would be 64 and Return to Dreamland.

What's your favorite color for Kirby?

Any shade of black (I forget what the names of the colors are).

What's your favorite copy ability?

If you count the combo abilities in 64, it'd be the refrigerator (Spark+Freeze). But if not, that's a tough question. Probably Fighter.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland. (GBA) (My first Kirby game)
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. (GBA)
Kirby: Squeak Squad. (NDS)
Kirby Super Star Ultra. (NDS)
Kirby's Dream Land 3. (Wii Virtual Console)
Kirby's Return to Dreamland. (Wii)

Favorite would have to be Super Star Ultra. It's the best because the original came up with the varied moveset for Copy Abilities and after a long absence, the remake brought them back.

And I hope they're here to stay.

What's your favorite color for Kirby?

Pink.

What's your favorite copy ability?

Water. God, I love Water.

I'd also like Yo-yo to come back.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
For me, Super Smash Bros. Melee (GameCube) and Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) are Kirby games as well, because I always play as Kirby, and never as another character.

Honestly, if you go by that logic, then the Kirby of the Stars anime is canon--which as far as I know is more of an alternative universe. Then again, I don't think a lot of the Kirby games are connected in some way...

As you can tell, I'm not really a Kirby fan. My brother's more of a Kirby fan even though we only have a few games. But I've enjoyed the ones we have. Which leads to the first question:

What Kirby games do you own, and which do you like the most?

[SUB](Off the top of my head:)[/SUB]

Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble (GBC, forever gone)
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (N64)
Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii)
Kirby's Return to Dreamland (Wii)

Crystal Shards had the most interesting story, but I really enjoy Return to Dreamland. I thought the twist was pretty good in that game. Epic Yarn is just a game to give you diabetes (not that Kirby hasn't given many-a-gamer diabeetus), but I like how unique it is. I remember having fun with Tilt 'n' Tumble, but it was my brother's after all, and I would play it without his permission. Which was what led up to him breaking my GameBoy Color. Yeah...

Pink, of course. Though in Smash Brothers, I liked green Kirby enough I actually attempted to write a comic around two Kirby brothers who were green and fought in tournaments as a duo. It was... weird.

Again, I'm not a Kirby fan, so I don't exactly know all of the copy abilities, but in Return to Dreamland, I really like Beam Kirby. Yeah, I don't play as Kirby in that game (I play Meta Knight instead, he's my favorite character in the series), but I just love it whenever my brother becomes Beam Kirby, and even better when he becomes Flare Beam. It's so freaking cool and adorable to boot.

First of all, I'm very happy to see this kind of activity. I wasn't counting on this, especially because of the inactivity in the old Kirby thread.

I'd also like to see other posters coming up with questions for the thread. Anyways, I'll add some in this post.

@Kutie Pie: of course I know Melee and Brawl aren't Kirby games, but to me, they feel like Kirby games, because I play as Kirby all the time.

What's your favourite music from Kirby?

I'd say Fountain of Dreams, and the Gourmet Race version from Super Smash Bros Brawl. I also like Rainbow Resort, I know it thanks to Kirby Air Ride's alternate music for Frozen Hillside.

For the Kirby Air Ride owners: what's your favourite course in Air Ride?

I'm a big fan of Frozen Hillside, I just love the beautiful background. I also like Celestical Valley, probably because my favourite vehicle (Winged Star) can do really well there.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
- Kirby's Adventure Wii (Wii)

Do you mean Kirby's Adventure on VC, or Kirby's Return to Dreamland? Just asking.

- Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland (GBA)
- Kirby Superstar (Both)
- Kirby's Dream Land 2
- Kirby's Return to Dreamland
- Kirby Squeak Squad
- Kirby Mass Attack
- Kirby Air Ride (GameCube)

Favorite: Superstar (I slightly prefer the original over the remake, because of the sprites).

Pink, of course. Followed by blue.

Depends on the game, but overall: Plasma.

BritishLanguage

I enjoy earth day
I own Kirby's Adventure, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Kirby's Dream Collection, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and Super Star Ultra. I also own Kirby 64 on Virtual Console. I'd say Super star ultra is my favorite, so much replay value.

Purple, from the Mirror ability.
Needle, when it was buffed in Return to Dreamland. Besides that, I'd say Ninja or the fridge ability in 64.

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer

Super Star Ultra
Air Ride
Crystal Shards
Canvas Curse
Return to Dreamland
Mass Attack
Kirby's Adventure (Wii U VC)
Squeak Squad
Epic Yarn
Amazing Mirror

...Holy crap, I'm a far bigger Kirby enthusiast than I believed myself to be. Air Ride is my favorite, though Crystal Shards is a close second. My favorite vehicle is the Swerve Star. It's very different than what other racing games have.

What's your favorite music from Kirby?

I think either the Butter Building theme from Brawl, or perhaps the first theme in Mass Attack. Oh wait, I forgot Epic Yarn. My favorite music is from Lava Landing.

I think Ninja, certainly. There's a lot of flexibility there, and you can throw stuff. Looove throwing stuff. I remember The Amazing Mirror had an ability, specifically for throwing things. Fascinating. Return to Dreamland introduced lots of fun abilities, like Leaf, Water, and Whip.

For the Kirby Air Ride owners: what's your favourite course in Air Ride?

I think I would say the City Trial area. Kirby Air Ride's gameplay is quite suited for a run-around-pointlessly game; which one had ample opportunity to do there.

Last edited:
Do you mean Kirby's Adventure on VC, or Kirby's Return to Dreamland? Just asking.

http://cdn01.nintendo-europe.com/media/images/05_packshots/wii_6/PS_Wii_KirbysAdventure_nlNL.png
I mean this one.

Again, thanks for the activity here, everyone! However, I'd also like to see you all come up with questions too.

What's your favourite Super Smash Bros./Melee/Brawl Kirby stage: Dream Land N64, Green Greens, Fountain of Dreams, or Halberd?

I'd say Fountain of Dreams. I like its music, I love the background, it's just so peaceful and beautiful! A true Kirby stage!

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Who in Europe is disappointed that we didn't get Kirby's Dream Collection?

The fact he wrote Wii in the title would dictate that he's talking about Kirby's Return to Dreamland.

Who in Europe is disappointed that we didn't get Kirby's Dream Collection?
Me... It sucks that the Wii has region lock, so buying it from an American seller on the internet isn't an option... I would've loved to buy Kirby's Dream Collection, but it's not going to happen, because I'm Dutch and live in the Netherlands, and because that country is in Europe...

The fact he wrote Wii in the title would dictate that he's talking about Kirby's Return to Dreamland.

Yeah, I already replied to that with this picture.
http://cdn01.nintendo-europe.com/media/images/05_packshots/wii_6/PS_Wii_KirbysAdventure_nlNL.png

What's your favourite boss in Kirby games?

For me, classic good old King Dedede, with Meta Knight as a close second. Those are in many games, and are just classics. They feel like truly "Kirby-ish" enemies to me.

http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Boss
Here's a list of all the bosses.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Whoa there, Aqua. Slow down with the questions, don't ask them every day or every few hours, okay? Enough questions for now, wait a couple of days.

Like I said before, I'm not a huge Kirby fan, and thus haven't played a lot of games. But I've noticed the music in Kirby tends to sound a little flutey or something to that effect, and I like it. It fits his cute nature, and easy-going atmosphere, as Kirby games are known for being easy for new players. So while I don't exactly have a favorite, I like the recurring wind instruments they use. I like the little ditty whistle tune used in the games, if that counts.

Though I wish I knew what the music was for Tilt 'n' Tumble. It's been years...

What's your favourite Super Smash Bros./Melee/Brawl Kirby stage: Dream Land N64, Green Greens, Fountain of Dreams, or Halberd?

Fountain of Dreams is very calm and collective to me. I also think it's one of the best-looking stages on Melee, especially with the water and the reflections. Halberd is pretty cool, but I tend to like it for the music more than what's going on in the background.

I have no idea, but I thought Yin-Yarn was pretty weak for a villain and boss, honestly. So that makes him my least favorite, for sure.

Whoa there, Aqua. Slow down with the questions, don't ask them every day or every few hours, okay? Enough questions for now, wait a couple of days.

Sorry... The thread is so much more active than I expected, so when some people answered questions, and as long as others don't come up with them, I try to come up with them to keep this thread going.

Though I wish I knew what the music was for Tilt 'n' Tumble. It's been years...
Youtube could help you...

Halberd is pretty cool, but I tend to like it for the music more than what's going on in the background.

Me too, I totally agree with this. What music on Halberd do you like most?

For me, Gourmet Race is number one. I also like Butter Building, King Dedede's Theme, O2 battle, Boss Theme Medley and Frozen Hillside a lot.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Best Kirby boss would have to be Magolor.

I just love him in general. He reminds me of Marx, but done right.

Anyone else feel this way?

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer

Kirby and the Crystal Shards
Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland
Kirby SuperStar Ultra
Kirby's Return to Dreamland

What is the best color for Kirby?

Pink of course! Next question. :p

What is your favorite copy ability?

I like a lot of them. My favorite is Mirror in Superstar Ultra. It has the most effects and is very versatile.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

For me, classic good old King Dedede, with Meta Knight as a close second. Those are in many games, and are just classics. They feel like truly "Kirby-ish" enemies to me.

http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Boss
Here's a list of all the bosses.

I'd probably say Grand Doomer.

Also, that boss list is missing a few Return to Dreamland bosses.

Best Kirby boss would have to be Magolor.

I just love him in general. He reminds me of Marx, but done right.

Anyone else feel this way?

I've never fought Marx, so IDK. Magolor is an awesome boss, though.

KillerDraco

-Kirby's Dream Land
-Kirby's Adventure
-Kirby's Dream Land 2
-Kirby's Dream Land 3
-Kirby Super Star
-Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
-Kirby's Epic Yarn
-Kirby Superstar Ultra
-Kirby's Return to Dream Land

It's a toss-up between 64 and Return, for me. I prefer Return's adaptation of Superstar controls, with powers having different attacks based on button input, but 64's unique ability to combine powers was one of my favorite things ever, and I do so wish they'd bring it back. Still, Return to Dream Land would probably be my favorite due to the multiplayer potential, the side content, and the over-the-top super copy abilities.

Pink. It's the perfectly deceptive color for the hedonistic little murderer.

Definitely Plasma; it's arguably the most overpowered ability in the game. A fully charged Plasma aura can protect from many attacks (most notably in Return to Dream Land, where it completely negates things like Magolor's orbs with no need for timing), and the blast has high power, nigh infinite range, and penetrates enemies. It's just really good at what it does, and can brutalize most bosses with ease.

That's a tough one, since there's a LOT of good music. But I'll list a few, in no particular order.

Boss Battle - Kirby 64
0² Theme - Kirby 64
King DeDeDe's Theme - Kirby's Return to Dream Land (Though in all honesty I love King DeDeDe's theme in pretty much all of its renditions)
Grand Doomer Theme - Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Taking Over the Halberd - Kirby Super Star

And many more-

Definitely the Halberd, simply because it stands out the most. Most of the Kirby Stages in the Super Smash Bros. games are fairly relaxed and peaceful. The Halberd, on the other hand, has a more serious feel to it, and the moving background is definitely an interesting touch. Though... the music does feel a little incongruous given they made the stage so serious, but the music was rather upbeat and... jazzy.

Meta Knight and Galacta Knight. They feel like the bosses that require the most skill, since you have to outthink and outmaneuver them more due to being more aggressive than most bosses. Their battles feel more like duels, rather than just "pick the appropriate copy ability and proceed to destroy".

I have no idea, but I thought Yin-Yarn was pretty weak for a villain and boss, honestly. So that makes him my least favorite, for sure.

I'd have to agree on that one. Yin-Yarn was pretty unspectacular. In all honesty something about Epic Yarn as a whole just felt... off. I mean, you couldn't actually die, instead you'd just lose beads. No Copy Abilities made it feel like it wasn't really a Kirby Game while I was playing it. Mind you, it had its own sort of charm, so it wasn't a bad game by any means, but... it was just odd.

Recon

Nightmare in Dreamland (GBA)
Amazing Mirror (GBA)
Kirby Air Ride (GC)
Super Star Ultra (DS)
Squeak Squad (DS)
Epic Yarn (Wii)
Return to Dreamland (Wii)

Out of these my favorite to play would be Return to Dreamland or Amazing Mirror. However, I do get a kick out of playing Air Ride when friends are over.

My favorite color Kirby has to be Mime (Black and white). Mimes don't talk, and Kirby can make some noises at best. Similarity!

Favorite abilities are Smash from Amazing Mirror, Magic from Squeak Squad, Mic and Hammer from any of the games, Plasma and from Super Star Ultra and Air Ride, and Spark from Return to Dreamland are the ones I can think of from the top of my head.

Best soundtrack in my mind is the Magolor Soul Battle theme. So. Much. Awesome. Other greats in my mind include Fountain of Dreams, though I prefer the Melee remix, Masked Dedede, Butter Building: Epic Yarn remix, and Gourmet Race: Brawl Remix.

Favorite course in Air Ride is hands down The City. If that's not an option, then Checkered Knights.

Favorite Stage from Kirby in the Smash games is a tough one. For me, it's a tie between Fountain of Dreams and Halberd.

Best boss goes to Bandanna Waddle Dee from Superstar Ultra Magolor Soul and Masked Dedede, though Grand Doomer did make a great impression.

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer

Hey hey now, what's everybody smackin' on Yin-Yarn for? The guy traps people in an adorable yarn dimension with a SOCK to further his own means! Which he isn't even sure what they are! And you smack him down by turning into a TANK.

Magolor was pretty cool though.