• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

KiSS-Hugs Are Overrated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome!

Sorry, this face-off has absolutely nothing to do with romance. It was just a clever title (so I thought). Actually, sorry again, I lied. This face-off has everything to do with romance. It also has to do with dolphins, stars, and pancakes. Kind of...sort of. Maybe I don't wanna tell you what it is about...or maybe I will. Mebe it's not about anything. Or mebe it is. Nah, I'll keep the point of this face-off a secret...alright, I'll tell you what the deal is. Take out the I and you get KSS. That stands for Ken Sugimori's Socks. Yes, no, (maybe so) the Ken Sugimori's Underwear style has returned back in black...or navy. Yellow is nice, too...can't forget green. Purple is regal. Orange brightens up your day. Red...I don't like red. Or do I? Whatever...as a refresher (or not):

Myself said:
Why would I give such a crude name to a Mystian face-off? The answer is obvious, as every other face-off title—it fits. Now you probably want to know where I am going with this. The brilliantly-minded like Kyle probably noticed my list of future face-offs over at Progress. One that especially was interesting was ‘Trick the Tallyist’. I’ll have you know, it is a purely insane style. =P This face-off is a modification of it, and I do believe it will be nearly as interesting. This is sort of a style face-off. I guess I could call the Ken Sugimori's Underwear style an umbrella. But that is all trivial, so let’s skip it. Back to the style itself. Each face-off has a goal, whether it is to get to ten votes first, post back-to-back with me ten times, or get yourself next to Musicality. It does not matter what the goal is, but there is one. Until today. Remember what you learned in elementary school about anarchy? You forgot? Oh, then I will remind you. In anarchy, the government is no government. Similarly, in the Ken Sugimori's Underwear style, the goal is no goal. That does not translate into spamming, so keep reading. There IS a tally in this face-off; however, unlike every other face-off, you need not follow it (or be bound to a specific template for voting). You may vote with the tally, which does get counted, but voting for anything else or doing moves only seen in strange styles is fine, too. Say the tally has two contenders left, Umbreon and Cookie. You could stall ‘zam, do something to a user to make them distracted as seen in a round at Survival, countdown a bunch of random contenders, with maybe one being an actual one, if any. It does not matter. Be creative. You could say that if a contender hits 25, then it gets bolded. Maybe somebody heals something to10 and triggers the Hidden Rule. Maybe somebody else does a random event, maybe somebody adds six contenders. Whatever you do, it must follow SPPf’s rules. Otherwise, the only limit to your voting is your imagination…and other face-off styles. Try to refrain from healing something by a gazillion or something =P. When the contenders are gone (if ever), then we just add more. So this is kind of an unstructured, never-ending face-off. Different, eh?

However, that was then. Now is now.

• This is not exactly new, but, when it comes to this FO, it is. When it comes to kissing or hugging, typically two people are involved (no group hugs). Similarly, when it comes to this FO, not just myself is involved. This FO also has the Mine style incorporated into it. For a brief sum-up, every post made here is an official Staryu of the FO. That means you are the new owner. Thus, you can close it, change the round, end the KSU style and make it strictly a voting round or something, ban people, et cetera. Fun, eh? Don't forget this, though; you will only become Co-owner. To ensure you are not spamming and breaking the peace, I am a permanent owner even if you ban me. So let's see where this goes...

Well, there's no starting round exactly. Unless you make this the next Future Style FO (yuck)...but I'll vote.

-10 'zam

*cackling heard* I thought you'd notice that...

Voting FO! No more KSU style for now...

Tropius vs. Pinsir
357-m.png
vs.
127-f.png

First to ten advances. Vote away!

Mewtwo's Apprentice

Master in training
Tropius for me

Pinsir-0
Tropius-6

Did you realise that this FO is not only an Old But New of KSU and Mine but ALSO Hybrid? All this is is a hybrid of those two style FOs...

I missed out on Orchestra; that was better than Hyrbid+Countdown <<...I was reading it over today.

Pinsir-0
Tropius-8

I picked Tropius, too...

Mewtwo's Apprentice

Master in training
Tropius again

Status
Not open for further replies.