• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Klnothincomin's First sprite thread

What do you think of my first sprites?

• Good for a beginner

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • Nice

Votes: 22 11.6%
  • Needs improvement

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Excellent

Votes: 139 73.2%
  • Horrible

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

pika3

Snowball attack, go!
Oh My God! I love you klnothincomin! I have been looking everywhere for D/p/pt rips!

Um you never answered can I use your 2 castform forms? I will give credit.

Dapuff

you should revist your gallade defense form. it looks like it has giant shovels on its hands, and its body looks like it's in an offensive pose an style. judging by your other work Im almost positive you can do better. :)

klnothincomin

Kyogre ate Leafeon.
you should revist your gallade defense form. it looks like it has giant shovels on its hands, and its body looks like it's in an offensive pose an style. judging by your other work Im almost positive you can do better. :)

Yeah, that design and sprite was very old, probably one of my very first sprites on this forum. I don't really enjoy respriting something I have already sprited, neither do I like an unfinished project =D

pika3

Snowball attack, go!
I agree with Dapuff. I think now that you have gotten better you should try it again.

klnothincomin

Kyogre ate Leafeon.
I was kinda bored, and since everyone wanted to see a Palkia repose, here it is =D
Palkia-2.png

Also adding the rest of my recent contest sprites to the front ^^

klnothincomin

Kyogre ate Leafeon.
That looks amazing! I love the pose, very original. Do you sprite from exsisting pictures or do you draw them?

I sprited the palkia from my imagination, I did have trouble finding some good pictures of palkia facing backward though, I don't know if my interpretation of Palkia from behind is accurate.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Wait...
You, the person I consider to be a god of art, are younger than me?
Now I feel absolutly pathetic... oh, and, as I said before, totaly awsome Castform forms and great Palkia repose.

See Ya Later!

Hyper Chibi Absol

The Dark Goddess
You say these are horrible? o______________o Then mine must make people's eyes bleed! D:

I personatly think these sprites are beautiful. Keep it up! :3

Douger

Veteran Spriter
I was kinda bored, and since everyone wanted to see a Palkia repose, here it is =D
Palkia-2.png

Also adding the rest of my recent contest sprites to the front ^^

I think that YOU NEED CRIT. :D
The tail looks a little mishapen on the right, and I think you should smooth it out some more.
The face also doesn't look much like Palkia's. You should make the eyes a little smaller and less "startling".
There should probably also be some black outlining beneath Palkia's neck.

Honestly, there isn't much to crit. lol

klnothincomin

Kyogre ate Leafeon.

I think that YOU NEED CRIT. :D
The tail looks a little mishapen on the right, and I think you should smooth it out some more.
The face also doesn't look much like Palkia's. You should make the eyes a little smaller and less "startling".
There should probably also be some black outlining beneath Palkia's neck.

Honestly, there isn't much to crit. lol

Thank yoou for good C =D The pose made palkia kinda hard to sprite, it is also my first time with palkia so i did quite good for my first =D Thanks for all your support.

EDIT: Tried to fix the sprite and Animated it =D

Palkiaanimated.gif

Last edited:

DVB

Philosopher Knight
You're good at cards, sprites and move animations. You sir, are an extraordinary person.

I'd be delighted if you would join my forum, it needs more people

klnothincomin

Kyogre ate Leafeon.
You're good at cards, sprites and move animations. You sir, are an extraordinary person.

I'd be delighted if you would join my forum, it needs more people

Well, I don't really think I would honestly want to join another forum, for I rarely post in a forum I don't go to as much =.="

pika3

Snowball attack, go!
Thank yoou for good C =D The pose made palkia kinda hard to sprite, it is also my first time with palkia so i did quite good for my first =D Thanks for all your support.

EDIT: Tried to fix the sprite and Animated it =D

Palkiaanimated.gif

Wow I really like this!
The only thing I don't like is when the head is pointed up it looks too small...
Are you entering the WSC week 16 contest?

klnothincomin

Kyogre ate Leafeon.
Wow. Just wow. Stay away from Chuck Norris and/or Mr. T, as that level of awesomeness contained in one area would destroy all reality.

My only complaint is that the mouth on the Infernape and Blaziken splice looks kind of awkward. But that's all.

Yeah, like I said, the first sprites in each catagory are usually very old. Those sprites look less as good as my rest.

And yes, I am antering the WSC 16 (In fact, I was one of the first entrants)

pika3

Snowball attack, go!
Oh you entered?!
Now I have no change at winning. I just hope I am not in the smae poll as you in the 1st round of voting. That way I can still make it to the finals. >_< lol jk I don't want you not to enter cause winning without beating good spriters isn't like winning at all.

klnothincomin

Kyogre ate Leafeon.
Oh you entered?!
Now I have no change at winning. I just hope I am not in the smae poll as you in the 1st round of voting. That way I can still make it to the finals. >_< lol jk I don't want you not to enter cause winning without beating good spriters isn't like winning at all.

Well, my design is very simple, so I dunno if I would win.