• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Klnothincomin's First sprite thread

What do you think of my first sprites?

• Good for a beginner

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • Nice

Votes: 22 11.6%
  • Needs improvement

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Excellent

Votes: 139 73.2%
  • Horrible

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

Zero-Wolf

Lost my memory....
Fire second evolution; it's different from between 1 and 3 and it looks like a griffin. I like a griffin.

klnothincomin

Kyogre ate Leafeon.
Obviously been 30 days since I posted and sprited. So I think my skills may have dulled a bit ever since that absence :/

Anyway, here is a fakemon legendary I made, Takihime (cascade Princess in Japanese)

This Pokemon represents a sea turtle species with a very powerful shell and a body composed entirely of a sacred mist. The unknown element is described as a mystical blue fire that does not burn, but rather, freezes at such a temperature that may feel as if it is burning. A jewel on its shell collects water vapor to keep its form and once ever hundred years, it freezes its entire misty body to regenerate.

Takihime_Sprite_Pokemon_by_klnothincomin.png

Hopefully I can go through this thread revival without any trouble.

KharonAlpua

I think CLaire looks really nice, but two things are bugging me about her. First off, it's a great action pose, but I still feel like there's something off in terms of balance here. Secondly, and more importantly, is her left hand, at the right edge of the pic. That certainly is a plausible pose for it to be in, but it seems to me to be a very awkward and unusual pose, and replicating it myself, it even seems uncomfortable. I'm imagining with this that he hand is turned to the outside of the image to grip something, and that it would be better if the hand faced the other way.

I realize that I may be interpreting it wrong, but if my second interpretation is correct, then her hand is out of line with the rest of the arm. I suspect moving it about one pixel to the left would solve the problem I feel is there, and it may be only the hand, and not the cuff/wristband that needs moving.

As a last detail, I'm usually uncomfortable with feet going too far opposite their leg, but I think that you made her right foot work well on that pose. Still, I think the boot might be able to stand some shading on the side.

klnothincomin

Kyogre ate Leafeon.
Hyper Stan: She doesn't have a coat o_O Not sure what you are emphasizing with a solid color on the tip either.

KharonAlpua: Thanks for some constructive criticism c: I tend to sprite Pokemon and Trainers in an action pose. Like if this was Claire running and sliding to a halt from the left and someone took a snapshot, it would look like that. Not necessarily a pose she'd normally stay at for the rest of the entire battle xD Maybe this could be the first frame of the 3 part animation.

The black band is supposed to be the edge cloth of the glove, so it would be about the area of her wrist. I think the hand seems to be lined up alright if you are referring to her left hand.

-Raiga-

Well, there really isn't that much to criticize to be honest. The main criticism I would have would be really fine details, since you obviously have all the basics of almost every aspect of both spriting and proportions down. So I myself would really only be able to say a pixel or something is off, or something that wouldn't really change the overall effect of the picture.

I would say go for another style of spritng since it seems the majority of what you have done is pokemon style. While I haven't mastered it as much as you have, I know enough to say pokemon is by far one of the easiest styles to sprite, given how much space you have to use. I would just look around spriters resource or something and see what style appeal to you and try them.

klnothincomin

Kyogre ate Leafeon.
Well, there really isn't that much to criticize to be honest. The main criticism I would have would be really fine details, since you obviously have all the basics of almost every aspect of both spriting and proportions down. So I myself would really only be able to say a pixel or something is off, or something that wouldn't really change the overall effect of the picture.

I would say go for another style of spritng since it seems the majority of what you have done is pokemon style. While I haven't mastered it as much as you have, I know enough to say pokemon is by far one of the easiest styles to sprite, given how much space you have to use. I would just look around spriters resource or something and see what style appeal to you and try them.

Meh, I don't quite like Pokemon style much. This pixel art isn't really Pokemon style either, more like a...different originally developed style that I kinda continued on with. They don't really dither much in Pokemon style pixel art such as in the intros.

And it kinda seems like everyone thinks C+C means criticism plus more criticism. There are no restrictions on saying specifically what about the sprite style appeals to you xD

-Raiga-

And it kinda seems like everyone thinks C+C means criticism plus more criticism. There are no restrictions on saying specifically what about the sprite style appeals to you xD

I myself am aware of this, it just seems that once someone posts that they like your work because of whatever reason, the person finds it tedious to continually post the same thing again. Thats why I think the majority of the posters you do get are new people who haven't seen your work before.

Which is why I suggested trying a different style(perhaps a hugely different style), as I think people would be more willing to comment even if they commented before as it would be something they haven't seen from you.

pikadude43

on the tcg art thing youve done i would make the gap between the fingers smaller so the fingers on the wings look together more imo

klnothincomin

Kyogre ate Leafeon.
I myself am aware of this, it just seems that once someone posts that they like your work because of whatever reason, the person finds it tedious to continually post the same thing again. Thats why I think the majority of the posters you do get are new people who haven't seen your work before.

Which is why I suggested trying a different style(perhaps a hugely different style), as I think people would be more willing to comment even if they commented before as it would be something they haven't seen from you.

Well, spriting isn't somethign I do very often now. And I kinda would call the lugia a totally different style too xD Lie pixel 3D art or something. I'm kinda gettign lazy at the outlines now << I should try lineless pixel art.

ShinySandshrew

†God Follower†
I Like It!

I think that most of these are very well done. These are my favorites:
corsola-evo-1.png
castform-retypes-1.png

hey can you tell me how to make my own sprites like you did with your own pokemon and gym leaders? i need to know how since i have lots of ideas of my own to create. pleae tell me how to create sprites and share them in threads

noobiess

6 different pokemon
hey can you tell me how to make my own sprites like you did with your own pokemon and gym leaders? i need to know how since i have lots of ideas of my own to create. pleae tell me how to create sprites and share them in threads

well I do'nt think klnothincomming is going to repond soon, but I know the answer.
You normally just use MS paint. If you want to learn how to make them, you can just look up tutorials.