• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Knights of ROUND Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryuel

"Knights of ROUND" Tournament

PZGN8OH.png
tTbd3YN.png
Dk0iEWr.png

Deviant Artist Credit: kgym; Deltheor​

Tournament Overseers: TheShoveler1887 & Cryùel

Official Knights of ROUND Tournament COUNTDOWN TIMER

~~OFFICIAL Tournament Chatroom~~

Pairings will be listed here

This tournament is a real-time, Wifi tournament and will take place on Sunday, the 2nd of November - 5 pm (London time).
If you're interested in joining, please simply post into this thread to let us know of your participation and, on the day of the tournament, write "signing in".

After many themed tournaments, ranging from Hoenn, to Multi Battles, to Wizards, our upcoming "Knights of ROUND" tournament will feature a mixed tier, knight themed tournament. The rules will be the following:
  1. Wifi tournament with tournament format: 4 or 5 rounds on Multilevel format (so no knock-outs; everyone has the same number of rounds)
  2. General Smogon OU Rules (sleep clause, baton pass clause, moody clause, etc.)
  3. Tier Format: 1 OU Pokémon, 1 UU Pokémon, 3 RU/NU Pokémon (with at least one NU member), and 1 "Knight" Pokémon.
    Aegislash**, Blaziken**, Mega-Lucario**/Lucario, Bisharp*, Excadrill*, Chesnaught, Empoleon, Cobalion, Escavalier, Gallade, Golurk, Registeel, Samurott

**Note: If an Uber Pokemon was the Knight Pokemon you selected, you must give up your 1 OU Pokémon and use 2 RU & 2 NU Pokémon instead.
    *Note: If an OU Pokemon was the Knight Pokemon you selected, you must give up your 1 UU Pokémon and use 2 RU & 2 NU Pokémon instead.
  4. Battle Style: Rotation Battle (Normal Rules)
  5. not more than 1 Legendary allowed

Q: Do I have to be a registered Challenger of the Trinity League to participate?
A: No, anyone and everyone is welcome to join our casual Tournaments - registered Challengers, Gym Leaders, and non-Trinity League members alike. The more, the merrier! :)

Q: Why Knights? And why Rotation Battle?
A: For one because themed tournaments are fun! Why Rotation? Well.. it is implied in the title~

Q: Why is only 1 Legendary allowed even though it's a mixed tier tournament"?
A: We always aim for balance at the Trinity League, which includes our tournament series. In an effort to achieve balance as well as push for diversity in Pokémon, we throw in the extra challenge in only permitting one Legendary team member. (plus, let's be honest, which tournament in the "Pokémon world" would have participants with multiple Legendaries? ;) )

Q: What are examples of a legal Knights of ROUND tournament team?
A (Example 1): Klefki (OU), Ampharos (UU), Rhyperior (RU), Tyrantrum (RU), Hariyama (NU), Registeel (Knight)
A (Example 2): Blaziken (Knight), Lucario (UU), Aromatisse (RU), Doublade (RU), Electivire (NU), Slurpuff (NU)
A (Example 3): Samurott (Knight), Weavile (OU), Omastar (RU), Reuniclus (RU), Dragalge (NU), Samurott (NU)

Q: Are Mega evolutions allowed?
A: As long as you maintain the tier format, then yes Mega evolutions are allowed.

Q: How do I register for the tournament?
A: Posting into the tournament thread allows us to know who is interested and can participate. On the day of the tournament, simply post "Signing in for the tournament!" to remind us you're actually there and ready to battle.

Q: How long is a round?
A: Once pairings for a round are posted in the tournament tab of the googledoc, you can go ahead and PM/VM your opponent to add their FC & begin the battle. A battle should take no longer than 20 minutes, so please determine a winner by the end of those 20 minutes together (or otherwise take the exact score, for example: 3-2).

Q: How many rounds are there, and are there knock-outs?
A: In most cases, there will be at least 4, or if necessary sometimes 5, rounds. Since the tournament pairs people beyond the first turn by wins (meaning, you will likely be paired with someone of equal wins), there are no knock-outs and everyone plays the same number of rounds! For this tournament we do not do best 2 out of 3 in a round, only one round of 6vs.6.

Q: What do I do after the first round?
A: Simply update your first "Signing in" post using the Special Battle Result Form and wait patiently for the tournament hosts to announce the next round. The tournament tab of the googledoc will list pairings when they have been determined. Our Official Chatroom is helpful to find out in real-time what is happening during the tournament.

Q: Can I switch out a member of my team, or an item, a move, etc. after the first round?
A: No, you cannot! The team you enter the first round with (moves, items, etc. included) may not be changed until the tournament is over. It is encouraged to list your opponent's team in the special battle result form (once the first round is completed).

Q: I have to leave, but the tournament isn't over yet. What do I do?
A: Even if things aren't going well for you in terms of battle results, please stick around until the end of the tournament out of courtesy for the other participants and also for your own enjoyment! If you absolutely need to leave, please mention that at the end of your last updated post.

Q: What are the prizes?
A: Each tournament features at least 3 prizes, which will be announced in advance before the tournament begins. There are 3 featured prizes of which the 1st place winner may choose one from. The 2nd place winner gets to choose from one of the remaining feature prizes, while the 3rd place winners claims the last remaining prize. 2 participation prizes will be randomly distributed amongst the other participants. (only participants who have played all rounds, or all rounds except for one, can be considered for this prize)

The Prizes include:
  1. Feature Prize 1: shiny 4IV nicknameable Aegislash/shiny 6IV Blaziken (1st place winner can claim any of the feature prizes)
    1. Aegislash: Lv57, Brave, 31/31/31/x/31/x, must be nicknamed (in Premier Ball)
    2. Blaziken: Lv67, Speed Boost, Adamant with Baton Pass, 31/31/31/31/31/31, non-nicknameable (in Poke Ball)
  2. Feature Prize 2: shiny 5IV Gallade (2nd place winner can claim any of the remaining feature prizes)
    1. Gallade: Lv50, Steadfast, Adamant with Confuse Ray, Destiny Bond, Disable, and Shadow Sneak, 31/31/31/x/31/31 (in Moon Ball)
  3. Feature Prize 3: shiny 6IV Tohoku event Jirachi (3rd place winner receives the remaining feature prize)
    1. Jirachi: Lv19, Modest with Calm Mind, Substitute, Flash Cannon, and Moonblast 31/31/31/31/31/31 (in Event Ball)
There will also be 2 participation prizes to be distributed randomly
  1. shiny Chesnaught: 2IV trophy shiny, Brave (in Dusk Ball)
  2. shiny Barbaracle: 2IV trophy shiny, Impish (in Ultra Ball)

Special Battle Result Form
Please don't reveal your opponent's team before Round 1 is completed. Remember, ratings should always be constructive and provide opportunities for growth.
HTML:
Round# & Opponent's name: 
Opponent's Team:
Result with Score:
Rate your performance: x/10
Rate opponent's performance: x/10
Comments about the match:

Last edited:
I am definitely interested in this. I'll start making a team now.

TheShoveler1887

Rock Shoveler
I'll be joining this tournament :3
Need to build a team, though. Been busy breeding random mons and stuff for the trick or treat friendly ^_^;

Oh yeah, I'm a tournament overseer so if anyone has questions before or during the tournament just ask and I'll do my best to help you

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Hmmm, might be able to make it.

Question: Are we choosing our own knight pokemon or is it being assigned? Because the information reads like we are having a knight pokemon selected for us.

TheShoveler1887

Rock Shoveler
Hmmm, might be able to make it.

Question: Are we choosing our own knight pokemon or is it being assigned? Because the information reads like we are having a knight pokemon selected for us.

I get how you could read it that way, but you choose your knight for yourself :) I think a better way to word it would have been "If an Uber Pokemon was the knight pokemon that you selected..." To emphasize the duelist's choice in his/her knight.

cryuel

I get how you could read it that way, but you choose your knight for yourself :) I think a better way to word it would have been "If an Uber Pokemon was the knight pokemon that you selected..." To emphasize the duelist's choice in his/her knight.

Hm, I see that now too. Thanks, Shoveler, will update the wording!
Yes, all participants, can of course choose their own Knight. ;)

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
I'm very sorry. Apparently, I cannot connect to wifi without updating my software, and updating it requires my Nintendo Network ID password which I forgot. So I must forfeit. Terribly sorry. :(

cryuel

Participating as well :)

Glad to count you in this time again! See you soon~ :)

I'm very sorry. Apparently, I cannot connect to wifi without updating my software, and updating it requires my Nintendo Network ID password which I forgot. So I must forfeit. Terribly sorry. :(

No worries, Ryohei. Hope to include you at our next casual League Tournament!

Edit: @all Tournament Participants: please post your signing in post when you're ready. :) When you do, one of us Tournament Overseers will register you at the top of the Tournament Spreadsheet, where pairings will also be announced. The tournament will begin in one hour.
Signing in! :)

Last edited:
Signing in! Can't wait to battle everyone!

Round 1
Opponent:Mr. Y
Result: Loss 5-0
Status effects killed me, especially when I forgot they were inflicted.

Round 2
Opponent: Cutty
Result: Loss 4-0
Clearly Rotation battles are not for me. Awful prediction. GG

Round 3
Opponent: Marashu
Result: Loss 3-0
gg

Round 4
Opponent: MasterGohan
Result: Win 2-0
I was able to stall with chansey at the end. gg