• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Know what would be great?

PearlDex

;386-d; Know what would be great? A new prize for completing the NationalDex. I mean, the certificate is fun and all... but it seems like there should be something more. I think it'd be cool to have every space in your pokedex filled, but the GameFreak guys give you the very last pokemon in the Dex calling it a brand new species. That's just my opinion.

-Xu-

I think if you get all 386(so far) you should be allowed to chose one legendry like Jirachi or Deoxys.
It's a good prize for hard work and would be great for peopel with no access to wifi or conventions.

B.Dragon

I think if you get all 386(so far) you should be allowed to chose one legendry like Jirachi or Deoxys.
It's a good prize for hard work and would be great for peopel with no access to wifi or conventions.

Well if you have all the 386 pokemon it means that you already have Jirachi and Deoxys.

I think it should unlock a secret in the game like a new area (not a whole country) or the appearance of a new Pokemon that nobody knows.

PearlDex

New Area/New Pokemon

I like the new area idea. It would be cool if they could send you back to Johto since it's the only area left unexplored in the new games (thats a bit too big of a bit to add, but it'd still be cool). A new pokemon would be cool too provided it's the last number in the pokedex, doesn't evolve, and is unobtainable in any other way.

Libra

Signature Maker
I remember back in the day after catching ALL the Pokemon in my old Red Version, i was excited to see what will happen or what will i be getting after meeting the all time goal. I thought to myself that if i get all the Pokemon, i would get a secret or better yet, a Mew. But no, i got a certificate that says "Congratulations!". Pssh, thats something you dont want to see after working so hard to catch them all.

kingcurry

Fooly Cooly yo!
yeah, I was dissapointed with the diploma, I mean, you can't even keep it. You have to talk to the guy every time you want to look at it.

Apple_Jack

Yea, A new area would be cool. Maybe you could be granted access to the Shinou underground. Now I know they're using it for wifi and everything, but what if when you get the Certificate they give you access to the underground as a playable version with its own story.

I dont think it would be that hard to program since they already have it in there for wifi. Also that keeps in with the "were only getting Shinou" thing.

Apple_Jack

Yea, A new area would be cool. Maybe you could be granted access to the Shinou underground. Now I know they're using it for wifi and everything, but what if when you get the Certificate they give you access to the underground as a playable version with its own story.

I dont think it would be that hard to program since they already have it in there for wifi. Also that keeps in with the "were only getting Shinou" thing.

S

Shuckle

yeah, I was dissapointed with the diploma, I mean, you can't even keep it. You have to talk to the guy every time you want to look at it.

Indeed, I mean, in R/S, they could have at least made it something you could put in a secret base..Perhaps in D/P, they will award you something decent to go in your secret base. Perhaps a silver trophy for the D/P pokedex, and a gold trophy for the national dex o_O

Inkeepingsecrets3

PrizeFighterInferno
Well in emerald once you get all the pokemon you get to choose a johto starter I mean thats better then a diploma but there should be something more rewarding, but if they make an action replay or something like it for DS games then you can just get all the pokemon and to many people would get the prize...I wouldnt use it personally

B.Dragon

Well in emerald once you get all the pokemon you get to choose a johto starter I mean thats better then a diploma but there should be something more rewarding.(...)

Yeah but that was when you completed the Hoenn Dex (202 Pokemon) in Emerald. But for completing the full National Dex (386 Pokemon) you should get something better than just a diploma that you even can't carry.

shady1415

Beginning Trainer
yeah

beouse all you get is a piece of paper..lol....there should be prizes like a shiny pokemon or somthin good..some unobtalable item..or at least and couple of master balls

Elfteiroh

Thunder Leaf
Indeed, I mean, in R/S, they could have at least made it something you could put in a secret base..Perhaps in D/P, they will award you something decent to go in your secret base. Perhaps a silver trophy for the D/P pokedex, and a gold trophy for the national dex o_O

Yeah, they should do that! It would be cool to have a super big trophy to show off to everyone! :D

PkMnPwNs1991

<- Hot tamale
beouse all you get is a piece of paper..lol....there should be prizes like a shiny pokemon or somthin good..some unobtalable item..or at least and couple of master balls

Eh, I like the theory of an unobtainable item, but masterballs would be nearly pointless. I mean, what would you use them for? You already have all the pokemon.

Zinimi

Yes, I like Snubbull
Maybe you can insert your mailing address and they'll send you a nice cashe reward O-o

Or, you know, maybe a copy of every legendary in shiny form. that'd be useful for all.

F0xH0und7

TwinWeavile
i'd always wanted to have my own island and be the gym leader on it. and maybe you can like battle people like at a certain time of the day and stuff.