• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Known to Unknown application. How?

Reyzadren

Dark trainer
This is more likely a clean-up-your-mess situation. Let's say, I have media players such as winamp, windows media player, real, quicktime. Now, say there are some files which use rare file extensions and need certain programs to open it, example, .ogg (audio) extension. If I opened the file with winamp, the file will change from an "unknown-application" file to a "winamp" file, am I correct?

So now my problem is, how to change it back? As in from a "known" file into an "unknown" file? Yes, my problem is pointless (and weird) and can be just ignored, but, I would like to know, just for the sake of it :D

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
~*Hureta*~ said:
This is more likely a clean-up-your-mess situation. Let's say, I have media players such as winamp, windows media player, real, quicktime. Now, say there are some files which use rare file extensions and need certain programs to open it, example, .ogg (audio) extension. If I opened the file with winamp, the file will change from an "unknown-application" file to a "winamp" file, am I correct?

So now my problem is, how to change it back? As in from a "known" file into an "unknown" file? Yes, my problem is pointless (and weird) and can be just ignored, but, I would like to know, just for the sake of it :D
Open With > Select Program

There should be a box there that says "Always Use Selected Program" if it is ticked, unticking it should do it. Not sure. Yes, it does seem useless. :p