1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

"Konichiwa!" says the girl who is NOT Japanese.

Discussion in 'SPPf Help & Newbie Lounge' started by Zan-chan, May 17, 2006.

1. Zan-chan

Zan-chan Why not?

"Konichiwa!" says the girl who is NOT Japanese.

LoL! I thought I'd make it clear before I start that I am NOT Japanese, although know a few phrases and prefer to watch subbed anime and thus, have learned Japanese through repitition and from the internet. *cheers* Yay, internet! *stops cheering* I can only read Romaji, so don't bug me with Kanji until I learn it. XD

So anyway... about me? Well, I'm probably what they would call an "old timer", since I started watching Pokemon before I even knew what the heck it was. I was instantly hooked. And since it was my first anime, it started a passion within me that burns with the fires of a thousand suns! (I stole that line from The Fairly Odd Parents, in case you wondered, and yes, I do watch American Cartoon as well.)

I will always remember that Christmas Eve when Dad let us open a gift of our choice before going to sleep. Pokemon Blue version was within the pacages we chose! Ahh, those were the days... And then there was the Pokemon Club at my Elementary School (I'm much, much older now) where I made my very first Pokemon-loving friend.

My dear friend, if you're out there, and indeed I know you are since you told me about these forums yourself, then, HELLO!

Uhh... what else? My favorite Pokemon are psychic types. I have no idea why, but I just took a liking to them one day. Everybody said that Abra was a terrible Pokemon and that Mewtwo was better, but I stuck with my Abra and kicked their butts! Muahahaha! (Never count on a Legendary to do your dirty-work. They'll turn on ya!)

Anyhoo, that is the finale of my looooong introduction. Thanks for taking the time to read it. If you did, I would appreciate it if you posted the following quote so that I know you're not just trying to get more posts. (I'm kinda paranoid about that, dunno why...)

The quote you must post to prove your worth is: *drumroll*

"What is this Hiten Mitsurugi Style, huh? Some kinda Fountain of Youth!?" -- Yahiko and/or Misao from Rurouni Kenshin

That'd be my favorite quote from one of my favorite anime's. And now, post away! (seriously, I don't wanna be all alone...)

2. Shadow Ichigo

Shadow Ichigo Left On A Journey

Hey whats up ohemgee411^^. Hope you like it here. Make you read the rules and you'll be fine. PM me if you like to be friends.

3. HI!
    PM me if you want to be friends or have any questions!

4. Zan-chan

Zan-chan Why not?

TOMODACHI!! *does happy dance* In case ya didn't know, that means, FRIEND!! And uh... What is this PM of which you speak? LoL! Oh, wait, it's the thing with the little e-mails, kinda... right?

Ooooh! I can't wait to get started on this forum. I'm gunna write a fan fiction, and make banners, and claim a bishie... and... and... AHHH! It's so cool!!

Anyway, nice to meet you. :)

5. You can click on the username and there's a Private Message button-thing.

6. Strawberry.

Strawberry. Strawberry fields.

Welcome to...well, here. I forgot, just for a second, the name of the site. =O

7. Hakura May

Hakura May Xin Nian Dao!

Greetings! Welcome to SPPf! ~Hands souvenir~

Please read the rules, and you can PM me if you want to be friends, or have any questions.

I also speak a little Japanese. I know a few phrases and words. And can read... a little. XP

And yes, my avatar title is in Japanese. ^-^'''

Have a nice day!

P.S: I love fanfiction as well. ^-^''''

8. Pokemon4Ever

Pokemon4Ever Innocent Bystander

Hello, and welcome sppf! Hope you enjoy your time here. If you want to be friends, send me a private message.

9. Dex

Dex Fear..The..Plushie?

Why, You seem like an Intelligent and decent Fellow. I think.

PM for a friend, or help. And read the rules. Konichiwa to you too.

10. Chris

Chris Old Coot

Holy crap. Someone who knows how to use proper grammar and punctuation. :O

Welcome aboard.

11. Bulbatordile

Bulbatordile Who can say?

I quote this?
    Ok so no one else has ;) (these don't add to counts just thought I'd quote)
    Anyway hi! Welcome, have fun and PM me if you want to be friends.

12. Astinus

Astinus Well-Known Member

Um...I guess, for me, I should say "Hanako desu. Hajimemashite. Doozo yoroshiku. Ogenki desu ka? Genki desu."

Yeup. I know Japanese myeself, and probably slightly confused you there. I mean, how could I not know Japanese? Just look at my first name.

I'll wait for your fanfiction, oh eager member!

You can PM me if you want. Or if you ever figure it out! XD

Shitsuree shimasu!

13. DK

DK DonkeysKidneys*dance

Hey.

Welcome to SPPf. *hands brochures* I made the green one ^_^

So, yeah. Follow the rules, PM is a private message, have fun, [whisper] anyone tries to give you some form of cake, run. [/whisper] Yeah, so, PM if you want to be friends, and...

Would you like some cake?