• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kotone and Kazunari

Chimchartrainer07

I'll make my final decision when the dub comes out, but so far I'm liking Kotone, like May, an instantly likable character, for me atleast. Kazunari already annoys me...he may be like Dawn, it may take me time to like his character.

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
what can i say? kotone is as girly as hikari but shes aware of it (which is worse DX).
As far as her and Kazunari together as a team, I think its rather cute =] the little nerdy boy with a hyper chick--very good team *cough*couple*cough*
She's a little too crazy for my liking but pairing her with kazunari makes me like her slightly more.
apart from that, like I said before, she's a little, er, wild.

NES

Flip me to the side!
I like Kotone and her pokemon, mostly Girafarig which is awesome she got one. I can admit Cyber Cubed is right about May-like characters, and Kotone is probably one.

I would like to see her stick around for more time, to see if she gets interesting.

Kazunari didn't got much attention in his first two episodes, let's be fair. For now i wouldn't mind if he stays or leaves, either is fine i guess.

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!
I'm neutral to Kazunari. But so far, he's been showing me that his character's a little plain.

I like Kotone because she's actually the kind of hyper, energetic and upbeat girl with a tendency to speak her mind. She doesn't really care about how her message got through, but as long as it gets through, she's fine with it. She's straightforward and doesn't cut corners. These decisive characters are exactly the kinds I tend to like.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
recurring character in the Pokémon anime who debuted in DP143.

Ash and friends first met Kotone when her Marill wandered off and they found it wedged in a wall. She introduced herself as a Trainer from Johto. She came to Sinnoh with her friend, Kazunari and his father in order to observe the Pokémon native to the region. Later she asks Dawn to participate in the Johto Festa. The two girls had a battle but Kotone lost and rewarded Dawn with an egg.

It is implied in DP144 that Kotone has an interest in Ash, though whether it's platonic or a tad romantic remains uncertain. She admires his bravery and wishes that Kazunari would act more like him. Kotone even asks Dawn if she and Ash are a couple though Dawn quickly denies it.

In DP147, she and Kazunari will have a tag battle against Ash and Dawn.

She has the female variation of the Pokédex and the PokéGear introduced in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver.
==========================
buy xbox
make money at home online

I didn't ask for character biographies and future episodes. I wanted to know what people think of them.

kiogrey

RS REMAKES
I suppose Kotone is okay, a bit different from most of the girls, seeing that she collects badges rather than ribbons. It's always good to see some change in some new charaters, though.

Darkxninga

I suppose Kotone is okay, a bit different from most of the girls, seeing that she collects badges rather than ribbons. It's always good to see some change in some new charaters, though.

Yup. So far.....o_o Im actually liking Kotone. I'd thought they'd screw up her personaility but shes pretty cool and YES SHES COLLECTING BADGES!!!! Woulda sobbed if she had ribbons.....ar...........gg.... That dude shes with...he coulda been better, all he needs to do it wash his hair and fix it, take off the glasses........... ...and stop being nerdy. He is like the "Johto Max" >_> .....and I dont like Max at all... This is so far how I feel based on the current episodes.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
Lol guys if we're not careful, then sooner or later there's gonna be a "no Kazunari bashing" rule similar to Piplup's.

I've listened to your opinions so here's mine:

Kotone: It's good to see a girl that's into collecting badges and not follow the usual stereotype of being a coordinator. She has 2 badges already which is quite cool, however, from what I've seen of her Pokemon, I actually don't know how she managed that one. However, this is quite unfair because it's borderline pre-judging. I'll just have to wait until the double battle then. She seems to have a little crush on Ash though...like every girl for some reason... Her fashion sense is a little weird. Also her clothes look like something I've seen before. Clothes from a mascot of a gaming company or something? Hmmmm...

Kazunari: Yes I know he looks like a quickly made cross between Max and the ever-so-awesome Conway, but the character of an inexperienced breeder is something I don't think they've done before, which is quite interesting. No one can say anything about his glasses. Glasses are ownage!! His Totodile has attitude. It's great to see another side of a Totodile, and I'm sure we're going to see a strong -properly raised unlike Ash's- battler here. His clothes -especially the colour- remind me of the brother of one such mascot?? Hmmmm...

So to wrap that up, I would say they aren't looking too bad. Apart from the fact that they were basically put in the anime to promote HGSS and ..well... if you didn't get the message, I was basically saying that they are also advertising the colours and clothes of Mario and Luigi. Lol.

RickHoenn

Banned
Both are Great Characters ^_^ Kazunari is cool!!!

and Kotone is very cute and I love the way she abuses of Kazunari, poor him xD

they are a good team but Kotone seems interested in Ash hmmm...

BM14murph

Master Collector
I don't like Kazunari at all. Ugly character design and he's a knock off of the much cooler conway. :(

Kotone needs to tone down the attitude a bit.

Couldn't agree with you more

We already have a nerdy annoying type of guy obsessed with a player from the games why do we need two :(

I'm Not going to totally bash him though.....Next wweek the truth will be revealed if he's a good trainer and what HE'S really like

Hahah i've just remembered that Ash is more than likely going to give him the Gible..........Kazunari is gonna get BAAAAAAAASHED BAAAAAAD for this lol

Kiori

♥Tea for Two♥
I'm actually going to laugh if they start a "no bashing Kazunari" rule before he even debuts in the US. That would be so funny!

Well to "lol" some of you, bashing/flaming characters in general are already written in the rules - both the anime section and practically every section that is opened to the public forum-wide. Not sure what you're talking about in regard to "bashing Kazunari rule" since it's already stated since at least 5 years ago.

This is also to serve as a reminder to all to please stop bashing the characters. I know some characters are . . . intolerable to some people but you know, you can still word them nicely and you don't always have to see their bad points. If you can't do that, please refrain from posting about it. Thanks~

As for the topic:

I think Kotone seems great. Hyper yes, but she seems to know what she's doing. Her character seems fresh to the show in some ways, albeit there are other characters whose personalities you can just blend and you basically get Kotone's personality, almost. I still like her hat. In regards to Kazunari, not sure what to think of him yet. In some ways, I guess they created him b/c of "Every cool kid gets to be on the show. Every nerd-looking kid rarely shows up" kind of saying - perhaps.

Tbh, I think they've been showing us more of Kotone's character than Kazunari's. That's most likely why the opinions of Kotone seem easier/faster for the beginning of character analysis than Kazunari's. At least that's my take on it.

Last edited:

toge5556

Like a cosmic condom
i LOVE kotone's pokemon and her personality.
however i hate kazunari in every single way.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
Well to "lol" some of you, bashing/flaming characters in general are already written in the rules - both the anime section and practically every section that is opened to the public forum-wide. Not sure what you're talking about in regard to "bashing Kazunari rule" since it's already stated since at least 5 years ago.

Sorry, that didn't come out very clear. When I said a "no bashing Kazunari" rule, I meant that it would be as common to see mods telling people to stop bashing Kazunari as it is Piplup.

It's not a rule on its own to "not bash Piplup", but to be honest the ammounts of time I've seen a mod stop people from doing it, I wouldn't be surprised.

~Sorry~

It would be an understatement to say I love Kotone. :p

She's an awesome and hyper girl who isn't too girly, but girly enough to be a cool heroine. She's a gym battler, thank God, has an admirable team in development, and gets annoyed at Kazunari alot. XD

Kazunari, on the other hand, is just a "meh" to me. I can't say much for him. I'll probably get a more understanding on his character in the Gible episode more since he's a bit of the center attention. I'd like to know what kind - if any - of personality traits he has that's unique. So, for now I'm neutral towards him. (Other than his hair; I don't like afros like his. D: )

Kotone is just plain awesome! I love her personality, she's one of those characters, that I just instantly love!
And Im just glad that she's a gym battler, instead of a coordniator.

As for Kazunari, well Im not very fond of him but he might grow on me..

STICKTOPIA

I like Kotone but not the other 1.

Imagine

ɪᴍᴀɢɪɴᴇ ᴜᴛᴏᴘɪᴀ
Kotone is awesome! She has such a great personality! Kazunari is okay, but I don't really pay much attention to him when watching. xD;;