• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kotones English Name spectulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijea4444

Like Dawn and May I think she will be named after her japanese name but not directly. Technically Dawn is named after a time of day and May a month. So instead of thinking of music related names, think of things that could make music.

Torpoleon

It's kind of hard to tell actually. They did not have Jimmy's name be Gold like in the games. I think we will find out next month or February because she'll debut in the US the first week of February if all goes well.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
But Melody is the name of the girl in the second movie. They don't repeat names, at least, not like that, only with filler characters (maybe).

So... I'm not really sure.

They have recycled names in the past. There was a Water type trainer in the Orange Islands who battled Misty and she was called Marina. And Marina was then the name of the Kris-esque character in the Legend of Thunder.

Maybe her English name will be revealed. What about that guy with the Totodile that catches the Gible.

Kazunari? Well I would like to give my ideas but I have no idea what his Japanese name means if it even has a meaning. However, if its in the style of music like what might happen with Kotone then I think a possible name could be Alberti?

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Im no good with guessing dub names, so I think names like Harper, Ariel, or Melody (mabye Melony) could be best fitted for Kotone.

JD

Clarisse could work after like Clarinet as a Clarinet is music since it's a musical Instrument. And for Kazunari I was thinking maybe Kayden or Kazio maybe I don't know.

BCVM22

Melody's a solid call, actually. Sounds like the sort of change NoA would make in localization.

STICKTOPIA

Maybe her English name will be revealed. What about that guy with the Totodile that catches the Gible.
Who cares about him? lmfao!

Muriel?! I'll facepalm for a very long time if her name turns out to be Muriel. Melody isn't a bad name imo.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
I could see Melody or Soul. Melody would be a pretty cool name in my opinion, it has a little more "zaz".

BlueVapor

Look's like the majority think's it'll be Melody. I think Melody would be a very nice, fitting name for Kotone.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
I'd be different and bet her name will be Lyra, a lyre is basically a harp (or something very similar), and it's not very common either.

maybe her english name is Soul and Kazunari's english name will be Mark

Last edited:

NES

Flip me to the side!
I think they will go for either Heart or Soul. I don't believe her name will be musical at all.

It may as well be a random common name.

Status
Not open for further replies.