• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kotones English Name spectulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Melody sounds awful. i'd choose Mimi, i think it's a great name.

Torpoleon

Mimi?! And you said Melody was bad, wow. But anyways, I don't think her name will be Soul. They did not have Jimmy's name be Gold like in GSC and HGSS. They did not have Marina's name be Krys like in Crystal. So, Kotone's name probably wont be Soul then in the anime.

STICKTOPIA

That's a horrible name and why would she need a shorter name? Melody sounds perfect.

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
I think her english name might be Maddy/Madeline or something.

NES

Flip me to the side!
Soul can go as "Alma" though, they have used Spanish translations before, and Alma is a name. There is another crazy theory for you.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
I think Harper or Melody would be fine. I like Melody a bit more only because it as an anime feel to it. Harper is a nice name though ahd I think that might be what the writers go with.

I'd be different and bet her name will be Lyra, a lyre is basically a harp (or something very similar), and it's not very common either.

Oh, I like that idea! Lyra is such a beautiful name, much better than May or Dawn that was used to name the other female protagonists. It suits her well! :)

Charmbracelet

Looking In
For some reason I'm thinking either Mariah or Ariel.

Soul isn't a real name though :O

Well, The Astounding Mandi is a guy, and doesn't have a real man name ROFL.
Mandi, is a girl name. :X Cause ..It's a form of Mandy ..which is a nickname to the name Amanda (which I would know, because I was born with the lovely over-populated name.)
so technically, names don't have to be real. At least Soul fits like well.

I did freak out when I found out Mandi was a dude though. Looks more like a girl than Harley ..Tucker ....SATURN.

/sorry for going totally OT, wth am i on right. D:

But I stand tall and proud. Soul plz.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I belive her name is going to be Kayla! She looks like a Kayla In fact i'll be pretty ****** off if her name is NOT Kayla!

STICKTOPIA

Harper is a boy's name anyway.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I think her name will be Melody. I even thought that even before this thread. (even though I know of the Melody in the second movie, this applies to the games as well...so..) This is just kinda random but did anyone notice that the females who travel with him normally start with 'm' Like Misty, and May (And I guess Max COULD count) I dunno if Kotone would travel with Ash, and I'm not saying she would or anything, I was just putting this up as a suggestion.

Champion Shirona

I don know cos i don know who is Kotone,i believed it is on HGSS?
(Sorry I don play HGSS)
Kotone is a goood name so i believed they will make a good a english name.Like what 4th Kira said.

Status
Not open for further replies.