• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kotones English Name spectulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
Melody seems way too simple and obvious for the games. The names stem from the games..
Five bucks if Jimmy appears again they'll rename him to fit Hibiki in the dub.

I can't think of any names though. Mist to Misty, Spring to a month in Spring, and light to the first light of the day..

There's some sort of pattern concerning the names. They aren't directly related to the Japanese names, but they're related.

cascade88

< go ask alice >
I expect it to be something like Kat, Katie, Kathy--along those lines.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I have a feeling that Kazunari will have the name Rick. But it's only a guess.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I have a feeling that Kazunari will have the name Rick. But it's only a guess.

Do you have any evidence or is that merely your wish?

I mean with Kotone, there is evidence that they'll use a music-related name.

Janovy

Banned
I have no idea why I keep thinking they'll name Kazunari, Marcel. The name would fit him :/

As for Kotone, I like Melody, it is pretty nice name.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Wow everybody picked a name from the list of names I gave for Kotone's name I feel special. :)

Not really. My sister watches this silly show and one of the girl characters is named Harper.

Omg, are you talking about Wizards of Waverly Place? XD A female character on that show is named Harper.

Melody, Harmony, or Harper would be suitable for her. (Hibiki's name means sound; lute. Maybe they'll both have sound-related names. o_O)

milenadrg

Hm, I originally wanted her name to be Maria, however, now, I think Harmony could be a good name for her. I don't really want her to be Melody... :p

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Hm, I originally wanted her name to be Maria, however, now, I think Harmony could be a good name for her. I don't really want her to be Melody... :p

Hmm, Maria is a good name for her but I think she might not have a name that begins with the letter M'. (Melody or Maria)

I think that Tina or Shirly could be a great name for Kotone.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I think it will be Soul.Hey,Leaf was named after the first sylable in "LeafGreen".

cyberduelistzane

i got a keldeo :3
its times like this i wish they would keep the japanese name

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
^ Yeah, but this is for the Pokemon Anime not the games. Why would a girl in the anime have the name "Leaf"?
Well with May and Dawn, that was there names in the game too.

Shinnie-tan

Wasn't 'Leaf' a fangiven nickname? And I'm pretty sure in the screenshots of the US version, Soul was used for the boy.

Anyway, for Kotone, following the theme of music-related names, I like the sound of 'Rena'(Joyous song). Other suggestions include Karmina(song, songstress) though that's probably scraping at the bottom of the barrel. Lyris(she who plays the harp) or Lyra(musical instrument) could work as well, but for the girl PCs, they tend to use names that are common and well known, so I doubt it.

So yeah, anyway I'm guessing Rena - peppy, cute and not too obscure of a name.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.