• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kotones English Name spectulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
IDK she looks like a Mary or Amy to me.

SketchFox7

Personally, because of the meaning of her Japanese name, I'm thinking Melody, and Dawn's name was based off of her Japanese name meaning sort of.

Hikari = Light / English = Dawn
Kotone = Sound of a Harp / Englsih = Melody

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I am guessing, "Thatguy".

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
hmmmm, thats gonna probably come from her HGSS default name, wouldnt b Heat, seeing how in HGSS ur rival is Silver (SILVER), Barry was Pearl right? (PEARL VERSION), so its all up in the air for a few weeks until we see that episode

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
hmmmm, thats gonna probably come from her HGSS default name, wouldnt b Heat, seeing how in HGSS ur rival is Silver (SILVER), Barry was Pearl right? (PEARL VERSION), so its all up in the air for a few weeks until we see that episode

Torpoleon

Personally, because of the meaning of her Japanese name, I'm thinking Melody, and Dawn's name was based off of her Japanese name meaning sort of.

Hikari = Light / English = Dawn
Kotone = Sound of a Harp / Englsih = Melody
Maybe it will be Melody. Personally, I don'tcare what her English name is. I just can't wait for the Kotone and Kazunari arc.

Evilo

BEAUTIFUL!
i dont know where to put this, or if theres a thread like this.

since i discovered the Kotones name in english means "sound from a harp", its possibke for her name to be along the lines of Harper, or Melody. what do you think could coume from this. if theres a thread like this please inform me.

My name is Melody! That'd be so weird! Haha it's like Pokemon 2000 all over again! Anyway, I'm not sure what they'll decide to name her, it's possible it may be music related, as you mentioned. Which makes me think Melody or Harmony may be her name. I guess i'd be honored if they went with Meoldy!

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
It's most likely gonna be Melody or Harmony. I'd be surprised if it wasn't between those two, or something sound/music related.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It's most likely gonna be Melody or Harmony. I'd be surprised if it wasn't between those two, or something sound/music related.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't Harper since Kotone means "harp sound". Melody is an ok name but it's far too common. It's not my first choice :/

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
I'd be surprised if it wasn't Harper since Kotone means "harp sound". Melody is an ok name but it's far too common. It's not my first choice :/
I guess i'd agree to that. I don't think they've ever used the name Harper before. Plus...well, she looks like a Harper.

Tickers

They everywhere!
How come nintendo can't just leave the japanese name alone for once? Kotone as an english name sounds just fine to me.

BCVM22

How come nintendo can't just leave the japanese name alone for once? Kotone as an english name sounds just fine to me.

Kotone isn't an English name, however. It's a Japanese name, and one particularly that could be misread or mispronounced a hundred different ways by the average Joe American. Given that whatever name is used in the anime dub will be the name Nintendo of America's localization department chose for the female HG/SS trainer and forwarded to the dub writers, there's even less chance that they'll keep the name. Why it's going to bother you that much after more than a decade of Ash instead of Satoshi and Brock instead of Takeshi and so on, I'm not sure.

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
D: She does not look like a Harper. She looks cute.

A name that would fit her ...Kitty. :3
or ..well ..Harmony would be fine too, it's actually pretty and not ugly sounding like HAAARPURRRRRE. :X
Lol...Kitty.

Harmony/Melody/Harper.

Nuff' said ;)

Lol...Kitty.

Harmony/Melody/Harper.

Nuff' said ;)

Yeah Kitty. My nickname is Kitty. Kotone and I, practically twins. ;3 I wear pigtails like woah.
Kotone is much cuter than me. D: DON'T TELL ANYONE THOUGH!

...but yeah.
won't be Kitty, as much as she deserves a cute name like it.

Out of those three. Harmony please. Melody would be alright, if that chick didn't take it in the 2nd movie. And Harper ...nu.

Rex Kamex

Maria...

Just kidding. I'm not gonna guess. Although in my opinion it would be awesome if that was her name...

Maru90

POCKET MEN ANYONE?
Yeah Kitty. My nickname is Kitty. Kotone and I, practically twins. ;3 I wear pigtails like woah.
Kotone is much cuter than me. D: DON'T TELL ANYONE THOUGH!

...but yeah.
won't be Kitty, as much as she deserves a cute name like it.

Out of those three. Harmony please. Melody would be alright, if that chick didn't take it in the 2nd movie. And Harper ...nu.

And Puppy would be Kazunari. YES

I prefer Melody more than Harmony and I DO NOT want her name to be Harper, no offense.

Melody sounds sweet and gentle yet tough.

I'd laugh if it was some random nam like Jamie or Paulina :O

Status
Not open for further replies.