• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kotones English Name spectulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlaceonLover1

BestCharacterEver <3
Harmony or Harper. Or maybe even .......... Tune???? Lyric????

Thriller

Its almost time
I swear, Solidad would have been a really great name for her. It's even a pun on the word SOUL!

Oh, and I just read on BMGf that Pokemon.com has revealed someone named "Lyra" in text for that episode. Was Kotone the spokesperson of that Johto Festival? Because Lyra is.

Last edited:

Araleon

Chill
I rather like Harmony.

Or maybe Melany/Melanie? Or Melody. Although then there' be confusion with the character from the 2nd movie.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
I swear, Solidad would have been a really great name for her. It's even a pun on the word SOUL!

Oh, and I just read on BMGf that Pokemon.com has revealed someone named "Lyra" in text for that episode. Was Kotone the spokesperson of that Johto Festival? Because Lyra is.
Lyra is cool I guess. Its like "lyrics" or "lyrical" so that followed the music theme we were all using to think up possible names. If that is her name, then I say the writers did a good job.

BCVM22

Lyra is cool I guess. Its like "lyrics" or "lyrical" so that followed the music theme we were all using to think up possible names. If that is her name, then I say the writers did a good job.

A lyre is also a stringed instrument similar in design (though not in use) to a harp. Solid choice if true.

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
SO, with Kotone's name confirmed as Lyra, is it too late to assume her male counterpart's name will follow the same tone and he'll be called Harper?

yeminied

Hm, I don't really see Kotone as a Lyra. It just doesn't suit her but I suppose I'll get used to it. Just like I do with any dubbed name.

I do wonder what Kazunari's name will be thought, I can't wait to find out.

Torpoleon

Well now her English name is confirmed to be Lyra which has the same meaning as Kotone. So, shouldn't this thread get closed? It was about speculation on what her English name will be which we now know as Lyra.

SketchFox7

Kazunari's name means "One and become" as in becoming or growing into one's self, wonder what his name could be, lol

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
Well now her English name is confirmed to be Lyra which has the same meaning as Kotone. So, shouldn't this thread get closed? It was about speculation on what her English name will be which we now know as Lyra.
Lyra?! Well that stinks. But okay. I'm glad we know now. Lol.

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
I think Lyra is a pretty good name, its different then what was expected and it sounds really nice.

Now we just need to wait for Kazunari's name. Pity he can't keep his Japanese one, Kazunari just rolls of the tongue and it's fun to say...

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Haha @ Dexter suggestion for Kazunari.
"Kotone, get out of my laboratory!"

Lyra is a pretty good name. It's unique enough but not totally obscure. I'll keep this open if you guys still want to speculate for Kazunari.

SmartD

So Lyra is Kotone's english name. It sounds like a pretty nice name.

snare

DEATH STARE.
As a harpist, I'm enjoying the name "lyra". But if anyone confuses a lyre for a harp I shall beat them within' an inch of their lives.

<3

PokemonHero

I can see the future
So Kotone's English name is Lyra. I actually like it. It's very unique, yet it is kinda familiar.

As for Kazunari, I like the suggestion of Dexter, but I'm still hoping that we get a freaking Xavier on this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.