• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kotones English Name spectulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kotone

@ BCVM22 Naw, you're fine, ya'll know the difference. Oh, fun fact everyone, Lyre's have actually more in common with guitars than they do harps. And to think Plato dismissed the harp in favor of the lyre, which is now a defunct instrument.

I shall beat Plato within an inch of his life!

And Kazunari's new name shall be Oswald. You can quote me on that one.

From now on I am rooting for Oswald

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I like how instead of 4kids there giveing the names a direct translation Hikari-Dawn
Kotone-Lyra I really think Kazunari's name should just be shortened to Kazu in the dub though.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Heh. I don't mind the name Lyra. You pronouce it like the girl in the Golden Compass series, right?

Ludi-Cola

Drink Responsibly
Really? That is awesome. I'm sure she'll be good to her daemon, I mean pokemon. Dark Materials FTW.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It took me a while to figure out what that had to do with harps. I think a Lyre is an instrument from what I read. I like it, it's certainly a unique name. Still waiting on Kazunari's dub name.

Last edited:

Rosemary

Sparkling Star
I liked the name Lyra sound really nice
I don't think I heard it before in the series,

zeno48

Zaker!
I think Lyra is okay for her, i mean what else could they have called her.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I think Lyra is okay for her, i mean what else could they have called her.

Well, all the names suggested here were pretty good :)

I love that they went with something that none of us would've come up with (at least I don't think Lyra was suggested).

NES

Flip me to the side!
Lyra is a good name after all, i like it =).

Well, all the names suggested here were pretty good :)

I love that they went with something that none of us would've come up with (at least I don't think Lyra was suggested).

Lyra was suggested often, actually, that's what makes this revelation so amazing. For once us Pokemon fans guessed right! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.