• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kotones English Name spectulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKInu

Quite happy with Kotone's name, I liked that her name meant "sound of a harp", so I'm very glad that they went with a name that reflects that.... though I've heard "Lyra" pronounced two different ways, "Laira" and "Leera". I'm pretty sure the former is the correct pronunciation, but still I'm wondering....

quite stumped for what on earth they're gonna name Kazunari, I love his japanese name and the way it sounds, but its not the easiest name to come up with a good counterpart.... I'm hoping for a not-so-common name. I too would prefer just shortening his name and leaving it "Kazu", but that's alot of lip flaps they'll have to make up for in the long run.

not anime related..... but I'm now wondering what on earth the game translators are gonna name "Hibiki"?

Last edited:

Bardische

Elegance.
Lyra sounds so very fitting!

Lyre is a kind of stringed instrument, much like a harp. Kotone means "sound of the harp".

It's suits really well, I must say :D

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Lyra.... strange, but fine. I'd prefer it "Tina" or "Melody", but I guess Lyra will fit her eventualy.

We should get used to it, but it takes time.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Lyra was suggested often, actually, that's what makes this revelation so amazing. For once us Pokemon fans guessed right! :D

Yeah, I was one who suggested it here on this thread, so glad it's Kotone's name! Very cool!

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Honestly, I liked Kotone better, but i'll get used to Lyra too just like Barry. Plus i like how Lyra has something to do with a harp. Made sense.

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
not anime related..... but I'm now wondering what on earth the game translators are gonna name "Hibiki"?

Ethan apparently is his name.

"Lyra" is a nice name actually. At least it wasn't "Melody" and it fits the name theme (same meaning as Kotone).

Last edited:

Jabberwocky

May Contain Nuts
I don't exactly like the name Lyra. It just seems too... I dunno, boring.

They could have just kept her name the same, I doubt many people would care.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
I'd be different and bet her name will be Lyra, a lyre is basically a harp (or something very similar), and it's not very common either.
wow wtf it is lyra ^_^ I wonder what HIbiki's name is ????
Well if lyres are more in common with guitars how about we call Kazunari Demyx? If you have played KH 358/2 days then you will know why I suggested that. This guy Is constantly playing his sitar which is a guitar like thing so I guess that will work. Or just call him sitar but Im rooting for demyx ( nevah gonna happen thoug V_V) sitars are in asia Im in america . Although demyx will fit Hibiki more cuz he actually looks like Demyx a little

Last edited:

kiogrey

RS REMAKES
I'm going to say that Lyra is a beautiful name, I like it.

I'll keep this open if you guys still want to speculate for Kazunari.

If so, then shouldn't the thread title be changed to "Kazunari's English name speculation"?

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
I think her names ok and everything doesn't really borther me.

Roll

Too busy to be busy
Lyra's a nice name. I was hoping for something like Sonia, but this is nice too.

Cobalt_Latios

Lyra sounds so very fitting!

Lyre is a kind of stringed instrument, much like a harp. Kotone means "sound of the harp".

It's suits really well, I must say :D
Hehehe, I had a feeling this was the case. Especially with how the named "Dawn".

Yeah, I was one who suggested it here on this thread, so glad it's Kotone's name! Very cool!

Lyra was suggested often, actually, that's what makes this revelation so amazing. For once us Pokemon fans guessed right! :D
Oh, many other people have been right. Sadly, it's one of the reasons why I mildly dislike the fanbase; it reminds me of the fact that there's the off chance someone will get something right.

For more positive news, I do like the name. Although, am I the only one who thought of the Moderator of the same name when Hibiki was revealed to be "Ethan"? No? Well geez...

I'm finding many of the revealed names quite amusing, and a bit odd but fitting.

C_L

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Her names Lyra? That's pretty nice. I could get use to calling her that for the episodes she's in.

Last edited:

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Lyra's a nice name...(I was still expecting Melody, but that doesn't matter much too me anyways ^^ I think Lyra's prettier. It's A LOT more fancy than Ethan, that's for sure...XD)

Vernikova

Champion
Lyra is a pretty anme.

Anyway, onto Kazunari. In the spirit of these games coming out, I'm going to bet on Ethan being his name. Is this a bad guess? Yes but I'm willing to have fun with it.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
^ That's what I was thinking too. No offense to the name Ethan, before I was just pointing out how Lyra is not as common as the name Ethan (It's just I dunno, it just sounded weird for Hibiki when I was so used to the name Gold/Soul. However, I think it would be nice to give Kazunari the name to fit w/ the games.)

leon25270

<- Zap Cannon Espeon
1) L-L-L-L-Lyra? Oh God, no...

... First, Kotone's hat (minus the bow) reminds me of the hat that Anabel wore in that Battle Frontier spin-off manga drawn by Shigekatsu Ihara.

... Now, Kotone's US name reminds me of that one fan fic I wrote that started my Anabel obsession... (In that fan fic of mine, Anabel disguised herself as a photographer named Lira...)

... God, I'm going crazy right now...

~-~-~-~-~

2) Kazunari? Hm... *consults Google*

http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/meaning_of_Kazunari.html

Kazunari's name means, "One and become."

Ok. Now you know the meaning, so start contemplating.

Status
Not open for further replies.