• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kotones English Name spectulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
i dont know where to put this, or if theres a thread like this.

since i discovered the Kotones name in english means "sound from a harp", its possibke for her name to be along the lines of Harper, or Melody. what do you think could coume from this. if theres a thread like this please inform me.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
I think they should continue the theme they started with Dawn, and continue naming lead females after brands of dish soap. My vote goes to "Palmolive".

Okay, okay, in all seriousness, it goes without saying that they'll pull her name from the HG/SS English games, but historically, those English names have had little to no relation to the meaning of their Japanese names. So it's really a crapshoot prediction.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm guessing something music related like "Melody".

I thought about Heart or Soul but those aren't real names. I think her name will be revealed next month.

STICKTOPIA

If Soul is her name in HG/SS and I think it is like how all the other characters in the games have the same names in the anime.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
music related? hmmmm...

nope. got nothing.

Grei

not the color
Probably Melody. Wouldn't surprise me--it's rather cliche and similar to her Japanese name in theme.

Dawn's Japanese name is Hikari, which is light. Dawn is the first light of the morning.

1ee7leader

Howz about....Rap?

Music related, if you would call it music.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Melody was used in movie 2, but I guess it can be recycled.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Melody

Harper

Symphomy

Luliby

Harmony

Those are my guesses since their music related

I like Harper a lot. Why didn't I think of that :S

But Melody is the name of the girl in the second movie. They don't repeat names, at least, not like that, only with filler characters (maybe).

So... I'm not really sure.

They often repeat names in both versions of the anime:/

irishdax

Pokemon Breeder
I like the idea of Melody but as has been said it was used in Movie 2. Otherwise Harmony is a good.

HoennMaster

but historically, those English names have had little to no relation to the meaning of their Japanese names. So it's really a crapshoot prediction.

Haruka means Spring, and May is a month in spring. Hikari means light, Dawn is the first light of the day. Not sure about Misty though.

Pokemon-Dratini

cutes.u.2.death >: )
I would love for them to keep it Kotone----its such a nice name but eh im gonna geuss something to do with a harp ^like the rest of you gise said, i geuss melody wouldnt be that bad

Blue Shiny Pikachu 1

Fly So High!!!
I'm guessing something music related like "Melody".

I thought about Heart or Soul but those aren't real names. I think her name will be revealed next month.

Maybe her English name will be revealed. What about that guy with the Totodile that catches the Gible.

Status
Not open for further replies.