• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Krook (Weird and awful) Sprite form

Nightmare Fuel

Comin' for Ya
Okay, So, the fakemon failed, but I ARE FUSING POKEMON
iaza17873144470300.png
iaza17873126864500.png

Good, huh?

Last edited:

Ninja Eevee

Haunters Gonna Haunt
cool, so a new region comong, i started that but failed, im starting one now, i have 2 lines of starters, thats all :(, but keep it up :)

Nightmare Fuel

Comin' for Ya
Lets warm things up by releasing Tikitumbar. He will be here soon. Creating in my Great Introduction, Making Pokemon (Or G.I.M.P.), Ziip, Zaap, and ZiipZaap!

Ninja Eevee

Haunters Gonna Haunt
MAke the starters, then the 2 ug species, then make a normal flying type, then a useless pokemon thats becomes a beast later on (e.g. Ralts-Gardevior/Gallade, Abra-Alakazam)

Bert

Untitled
Yeah, sorry to break it to ya (you seem to know yourself so I guess it's no big deal) but that sprite is pretty bad.

It needs way more depth, which you could go for by dramatically improving your shading (if you ask how: guides + practice, lots of practice! ), outline work and just trying to sprite it in more interesting pose. It's just floating there, being flat and ugly, and I don't think that was the kind of thing you had in mind when you started working on him.

Sorry if it was harsh.

Frosty Voltorb

Bert is right, the sprite could use some work. As it stands, the lining is a bit choppy, and the shading is off. The light source for most Pokemon sprites is coming from the top left, so that should be taken into consideration. The spear just seems to be floating there, and the other form is just the sprite flipped. Proportionally, it's all over the place. Try to have some official sprites to look at when you sprite, to get those type of things right.

The biggest things that can be worked on, in my opinion, are the shading and proportions. Most of the tutorials here can help you out pretty well (I'd recommend Serris' sprite tutorial)

Nightmare Fuel

Comin' for Ya
*sniff* Okaaay, Im VERY NEW TO THIS (Surprize!) And Im rubbish at it. That it? I was just gonna post fusions here and see what that does.

Frosty Voltorb

You're new to it, so of course there are going to be little things to work on. Don't let it get you down, all spriters start from somewhere. I'd love to see your fusions once you post them here, though.

maxxa

~her last bounty~
I'm here to help!
don't go straight in to scratch spriting, start like I did with revamps, but dont just recolour, study how the newer sprites look and make the older sprites look similar. study the shading, how the shape of their body has changed, the way light hits the curves etc etc.
when you have revamps down, you should have a good idea of what makes a new generation pokemon sprite, anything after D&P has a simpler style than anything before, RSE sprites look messy in comparison now.

this is really poorly written as I've not done any spriting for a long long time, and I'm ridiculously tired, but you get the idea, study sprites well and learn the style till you develop your own, and try and make the sprites look as natural as possible. also, with good concept comes a good sprite, so try and work on your concepts a little more.

Maxxa

Bert

Untitled
If you post your sprites here you want our opinions.

My opinion is obviously mine and if I feel like you could improve a lot then by all means I have the right to tell you (heck, I'm pretty much even obliged to).

Don't take it as an attack on you or your spriting skills. You're obviously new to it and as such we're only trying to help you. You should actually be happy we're not just saying "It's the best ever, other than that I have no opinion k thx bye" or "it sucks, you suck, bye" or anything.

Frosty Voltorb

Instead of editing the first post from what you had up, you can just post them.

Very C+P on the fusions, with the parts tacked on. Try to work on fusing them with some scratch work here and there. The Charizard recolor is nicely done, save for a little line work toward the under belly. The biggest thing to work on is the scratch spriting, and this is a good way to work on that.

jshperz

The Charizard-Jigglypuff fusion was too simple, in my opinion.. but the recoloring was okay, except below the belly. It's supposed to be a little darker there, and you should not use a light outline. For the Cofagrigus-Scizor fusion, I really like the eyes. With a little adjustment of the arms and feet it would be good. :)

Bert

Untitled
The fusions aren't particularly good, but they aren't bad either. As far as I can tell on my shitty screen (too lazy to check properties, soz :p) they're saved in the right format and you recolored the outlines correctly, so that's a great start.

However, they are copy/paste-ish. It's not a major issue for most people but you'll believe me if I say scratching is way better. That said though, your fakemon implied you're not that good at scratching yet so you could stick with C/P fusions (to get an eye for combinations and design) and practice on your scratching meanwhile.
tl;dr - they're better, but you still need practice.

Being a good spriter doesn't come in one day, y'know. I was once just like you where I'd post my C/P fusions and expected people to praise them. Some did, and happy as it made me feel back then, the ones who didn't where usually the ones who taught me how to sprite ;). Just a word of general advice.