• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Krookodile or Tyranitar?

Tyranitar or Krookodile

• Krookodile

Votes: 42 30.4%
  • Tyranitar

Votes: 96 69.6%

• Total voters

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Tyranitar's design could use an update, but I still like him more. Krookodile would be cooler if he didn't have stripes and a caricaturization burgular's mask. At least he'd be more intimidating. Besides, if we look at what dinosaurs/animals/things they could be based off we've got...

Krookodile: Baryonyx/Crocodile
Tyranitar: Tyrannosaurus/Godzilla

My choice is obvious.

Umbreon's Girl

Scolipede!!!
I actually have used both so I wish there was an option for not being able to choose. Krookodile ended up getting my vote because you can get one sooner in the game and therefore have more opportunities to use it. Larvitars are only by Mt. Silver whereas Sandile is Route 4. But I like the design and power of both. They have both served me well in their respective games.

ac333

Squirtle Squirt!
Gotta agree with TTar's hype, but ever since my friend thought Krookodile was an anteater, I keep looking at it awkwardly now.

Gotta work on that snout, GF; Tyranitar got my vote.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Tyranitar. I just think it looks awesome and it was actually the first Dark-type Pokemon that I trained, so I'm pretty fond of it.

Grand~Kingdra

Flawless Collector
T-Tar has much better stats, however krookodile has the nice looks and no 4x weakness, plus intimidate is a nice ability.

Swagga09

Tyranitar is overrated.. Maybe mine just sucked but it kept getting creamed because it had sooo many weaknesses

I swapped his spot for a Haxorus and he's doing the job way much better

Krookodile ftw

Last edited:

TheHauntedOne

evil tofu!!!
Aww come on, Krookodile vs Tyranitar? Not even fair. :)

But I'll roll with Krookodile, because I like his design just a little bit more.

Dattebayo

Banned
Tyranitar's design could use an update, but I still like him more. Krookodile would be cooler if he didn't have stripes and a caricaturization burgular's mask. At least he'd be more intimidating. Besides, if we look at what dinosaurs/animals/things they could be based off we've got...

Krookodile: Baryonyx/Crocodile
Tyranitar: Tyrannosaurus/Godzilla

My choice is obvious.

To my understanding, Krookodile's suppose to be based off of a Gharial, which is a crocodilian with a really narrow snout.

pokefantravis

The Poke-Pimp
Tyranitar, hell yes

Is this even a competition.
Tyrannitar have a exclusive typing, higher base stat, better moveset, is a pseudo legendary and last but not least, the big nostalgia factor.

All of this is facts, really the only thing krookodile can win with is design and personal experience with the pokemon. However I feel like Tyranitar beets him in both those categories too.

7 tyranitars

*points at name* t-tar ofcourse ;)