• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kubera: One Last God

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
d6eca8697279356bdcb8896082c47001.png

What's it about?
Kubera is a young girl who lives in a small peaceful town until one day she comes back home only to find it destroyed by a high-ranking Sura. She escapes to the city to get help from the great and powerful Asha.

If your intrigued, some general pros and cons.
So this is an action-packed comedic fantasy epic inspired by Hindu mythology with the fun female lead character, Kubera! However based on reader's opinion, this story takes a while to get into. Also readers may have a problem with the artstyle being pretty basic early on. However if you just want to read a story unlike anything you ever read before, Kubera has got you cover. Like I am serious, this is a VERY RARE type of story that really deserves more readers. You will be absolutely shocked and in some ways, terrified what will happen later because...

BE WARNED. I will be blunt. Do not come into this expecting a happy forgiving story. Some minor story spoilers
As to why I say this is a story I rarely see, minor spoilers, is that do not come into this thinking this is a happy shonen-style story full of hopes and dreams. You will be terrified, angry and worried about the fates of many characters here. This is a very unforgiving story that is darker than your Code Geass or Attack On Titan in my opinion, not because of some gore or disturbing imagery because that's almost nonexistent in this webtoon. This is a far darker story because it feels like that any hope that exists is just going to be snuffed out later in an instant yet an unfortunately believable way. So if you ignored spoilers, to best describe this in a spoiler-ish way...

... this is a tragedy about a strong fun and joyful female lead descending into madness.

Where can you read this?
Kubera is an action fantasy webtoon that is officially available on the LINE Webtoon website through this link here! LINE Webtoons are a 100% legally free meaning you don't have to pay a dime or make an account to read this thrilling story!

Discussion
The discussion will have spoilers... so okay. Are they gone? Are the newbies gone? Okay. Let's discuss Kubera!

Last edited:

shoz999

Easily one of the best webtoons out there and one of the greatest tragedy stories I have ever read.
Did you read the latest chapters?
She gave this really disturbing look to Chandra that she no longer cared about her lover for a short moment. Is that implying something much worst just happened in the future?

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Did you read the latest chapters?
She gave this really disturbing look to Chandra that she no longer cared about her lover for a short moment. Is that implying something much worst just happened in the future?

If you mean the chapters that you have to pay before they become free one week later not yet but
I'm fully expecting something really bad to happen. The Laila and Chandra interactions for a long time now give me some negative vibes. I'm also worried for Ran's well-being as well. The current Brillith once she gained her ancestior's memories creeps me out and still no Asha in the vicinity.

shoz999

Didn't realized that was even a feature.

The latest chapters have become really unpredictable. Honestly I'm not even sure if the Taraka are the main antagonists despite Kali's rather unpredictable and cruel nature. I'm not even sure if Brillith would live. I have a very bad hunch that her character arc is nearing her end after the webtoon revealed her ancestor's memories.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Even though Kali certainly gives that impression especially after having that discussion with Leez I don't think he will be the main one. Also, Yuta is still trapped in the sura realm and his long-time absence might hint at something for future events. Yeah, I cannot see Brillith surviving at the end either. Agni is the most tragic character when it comes to romance in the series.

shoz999

Even though Kali certainly gives that impression especially after having that discussion with Leez I don't think he will be the main one. Also, Yuta is still trapped in the sura realm and his long-time absence might hint at something for future events. Yeah, I cannot see Brillith surviving at the end either. Agni is the most tragic character when it comes to romance in the series.
Honestly considering how none of the characters are able to defy fate so far, I have a feeling that Asha might actually win this or at the very least she loses with everyone else.