• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kudos to Serebii

Av0idTheL1ght

I think all the names are real, I mean the attacks sound fake, but the rest of it looks legit, and I mean with Deja Vu's PM...we're all afraid of being lied to!

I think it's nice the character's name is Lukas, since that's my name xD -dances-
Too bad they didn't spell it like I do, or how I think is normal o_O

He wouldn't do that much for an April's Fool's joke but I know someone who bought a totaled car the same color as their parents and took the car to their freinds garage and paid someone to bring the totale car to their parents house.

I highly doubt that he would do something that devious. LOL

Glitch

Giratina's Emissary
It's probably not a joke, seeing that he pretty much altered most of the main site to the supposed english names. It would be a waste of time if he had to take it down the very next day.

Infamous

Boulder Trainer
I think its real. I don't think he would waste time and then go through such lengths just to pull off a joke. It could be a coincidence that he just so happens to have the time from his uni to give us this information.

But did he actually say where he gots his information from?

jwla

What on Earth would make you think that he would go to such a length to deceive us for a prank? I'll admit, some of the attack names are poor (namely U-turn and X-scissor), but, I am completely happy with the rest!

Benjamin

I don't know why all you people are doubting the legitimacy... ofcourse it's real.

Serebii has had this information for a while.

Sgamer82

Kaizoku Baka
I think the info is legit. Mostly because of the Gym Leader/Elite Four names. Several of them contain the same kind of puns past games have had (Roark/Rock, Gardenia/Garden, Fantima/Phantasm, Candice/Ice, Flint).

Also, X-Scissor would be a legit enough translation of Scissor Cross. Especially if Scissor Cross was too longfor the game to use. Ancientpower is the longest one I knwo of offhand. It's 12 letters. Scissor Cross is 13, not including the space. And then there's Zen Headbutt/Reminiscent Headbutt. RH was destined for a change with the number of letters (again, 12 if you include the space).

If this is a hoax. It's an amazingly well thought out one.

Also, another point to consider: Wouldn't it be just as much a joke to post LEGIT information on April 1st and then sit back and watch everyone argue about whether or not its real? Then, after everyone's convinced themselves (by choice or no) that it's fake, turns out it IS real.

If it were me, I'd find it funny.

Last edited:

Exiled_Sicilian

STalking is a hobby.
You're all funny. Of course it's real.