• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kukui Up Against the Wall! A Second Masked Royal!! (1035)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1035.jpg

Kukui Up Against the Wall! A Second Masked Royal!!

Ash & Professor Burnet have learned that the Masked Royal is going to hold a meet & greet on Melemele Island, they are eager to go and invite Professor Kukui with them. However, as Professor Kukui is the Masked Royal, he can't do that so he has to make a plan to get out of it, and when one of his rivals appears, things start to get messy. Will Kukui's plan succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
A decent episode but I kinda wished that Viren appeared as an accomplice to Mad Boober and that some more things happened. My favourite part is when only Faba is left in the stadium asleep to wake up to find a signed Masked Royal shirt at the end. But at least Molayne helped Kukui become the Masked Royal without everyone else finding out that he's the Masked Royal with the help of Magneton. But then my other favourite one is the moment James and Faba are fighting over the mask to see who will then appear as the Masked Royal. And that Faba got smacked by Incineroar after it got flung by Magmortar.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I officially label this the "Burnet is cute" episode.

OK, Sun and Moon. It's bad enough you made me look at Faba without a shirt on, and now you force me to see him in his underwear? I could have gone through my life without seeing that, thank you very much.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Alright, after last episode's Unlimited Cringe Works this was just what I needed. I had a huge smile on my face throughout all of that.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Alright, after last episode's Unlimited Cringe Works this was just what I needed. I had a huge smile on my face throughout all of that.
I definitely liked this episode more than the last one too. It certainly didn't feel as forced as these sorts of moments weren't used throughout the episode.

DatsRight

It's annoying when some of the supporting cast get more memorable limelight than some of the actual main companions.

This was a decent day in the limelight for Kukui, even if James and Faba kinda stole the show (literally). Amused by them playing 'well intentioned extremists' in this episode, ambushing Molayne for 'stealing' the Masked Royal's props and then trying to cover for Kukui, even if it goes as well as expected. Still they got a bone thrown at the end with their signed T shirts.

The fight at the end was ridiculously short, one Z Move, though I'll relent since the plot itself was the focus and done in a full and entertaining manner.

Kinda like how Kukui and Molayne act like grown up Ash and Sophocles/Clemont. Also amused by Pikachu having to stop Torracat interrupting ANOTHER match.

I have my doubts Torracat will evolve, it's not just that there's another Incineroar, but they seem pretty intent on making that one a pretty memorable character. Torracat would struggle to stick out against that one.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I liked this episode but it seriously didn't feel like 20 minutes. Felt like 10 tbh.

The best friend bond between Kukui and Molayne is an instant yes.

Torracat getting ready to jump into the ring was funny. It being sad to not being able to see Incineroar was as well.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
This was... alright I guess. I didn't really enjoy it much.

I was hoping Kukui would finally reveal himself as Royal Mask when he was backed into a corner but nope, Molayne had to cut the power. It's becoming kind of annoying and drawn out. Please let them find out next time. I don't want another oblivious gag that runs on forever. It was cute at first and for a while but don't let it overstay it's welcome. Some moments I enjoyed was more James screentime (HE should've been Royal Mask!), leaving the Donut Shop to see Royal Mask, and getting another hobby to entertain himself, Burnet (& Ash in the beginning) gushing over Royal Mask,Torracat almost jumping into the battle again until Pikachu stopped him (good on Ash for scolding him for that! But hey, look where he got that from!), Molayne practice doing the pose, Kukui almost getting caught with acting like Royal Mask around Burnet montage, Incineroar landing a Z Move, and no TRio interruption.

I usually like the few Kukui episodes we got, especially the last one but this, not so much. The plot was very cut and dry, very basic and it was kind of boring. I did like seeing Jame bond with someone... but NOT that creepy Faba! Just because you guys both love Royal Mask, it doesn't make you guys BFFs. Hold hands and bond with another guy James. Molayne is better! (Great on them for him knowing who Royal Mask really is.) Bring back Royal Satoshi please!

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Not too sure what to say about this episode. There were some funny moments, especially how lovey-dovey Burnet even at the very thought of Masked Royal, and Faba was pretty hilarious throughout the episode with all his loyalty as a die-hard fan of the Masked Royal, plus his interactions with the Molayne and James were pretty funny too, but there wasn't much substance in the episode overall as a whole TBH, nothing spectacular overall happened here. Mad Boober was pretty meh as the antagonistic force of the episode, also certain BS stuff like Incineroar was somehow unable to battle to its own strength/potential under the command of Faba and got overwhelmed by Magmortar, but back under the command of its own trainer, it was in a flash somehow back to its unbeatable self. More importantly, Masked Royal's identity as Kukui, somehow still remained unrevealed, at the end of all this....really? From the spoilers and previews of this episode, it definitely seemed quite likely that the Masked Royal's secret identity would finally be revealed...but nope. So, in the end this episode ends up as nothing but just a pointless filler with some Masked Royal/Incineroar again, not to mention, unlike the previous two Masked Royal episodes, Torracat didn't get any development out of it as well.

So overall a pretty much average filler this. 5/10.

Last edited:

xEryChan

Demon Child
Burnet, how could you? How could you get so flustered over a guy who is not your husband, especially when the Masked Royal is so obviously not Professor Kukui? I mean, it’s so obvious they are two completely different people.

Jokes aside, this episode was great. I really emjoyed it. It was ten times better than last weeks episode.

I really thought that Professor Kukui would have revealed himself as the Masked Royal when his back was literally right up against the wall but no, instead Molayne cut the power, which allowed Professor Kukui to put the mask without anyone knowing. Tbh, that was so predictable and now still only Faba knows about Kukui’s secret idnetity did Faba tell James?That was a little confusing to me. Also, did neither Professor Burnet or Ash find it strange that Kukui was gone as soon as the lights came back on? Torra did not get any development, which I did know was going to happen since this was a Kukui-focused episode.

I literally am scarred for life over that ending, especially seeing Faba in his underwear. That was something I didn’t need to see and would have been content never seeing in my whole life. Thanks, Pokemon!

All in all, good episode. It is so much better than last weeks. I’m giving it a 7/10

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
I literally am scarred for life over that ending, especially seeing Faba in his underwear. That was something I didn’t need to see and would have been content never seeing in my whole life. Thanks, Pokemon!

I have flash backs of the wet Altaria from the spa episode, something I didn't realize no one wanted to see until I saw it.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I feel like this would be a hilarious episode if I actually could understand what they were saying, also, RIP my delusions of incineroar being e4/champion tier

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Poor Torracat didn't get his chance of meeting Incineroar again. T_T
RIP. But I did like the rivalry part where Torracat got fired up upon seeing Incineroar.