• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kurogane/Fai General Shipping Discussion Ver. 2.0 :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
An epilogue, eh? *drops pitchfork, torch, and other assorted mob gear* Well, that makes me feel much better. I will have closure yet.
And I just read it
omg omg omg SQUEE

THAT MADE MY DAY!!!! Im too spazz to talk

page two was pure KuroFay LOVE! and you know it.

*dances around the house* CANONCANON NOW NOBODY WILL EVER DOUBT THEY'RE CANON! hur hur<3
Fay-chan calls him hopeless<3 and the way Fay was looking at him was so SWEET!!!! That wasn't friendship ppl. No way.

*Squee*

I loved that chapter!!!!! OMFG THAT was a good ending W00t.

esss. I mean, don't get me wrong, we certainly got a lot of interesting moments out of all of the angst. But I like the funny parts much more XD
YUSH!!!! *spazzes* the funnyness was what made me like the ship<333 and It is the funnyness I shall love forever<3

KUROFAY FOREVER♥

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Hello, I've never posted here before, but I kind of support this pairing. Kind of.

At first I supported them romantically. I love how they understand each other better than anyone else, and how they support each other (I love how Kurogane manages to be so cool even when he shows he cares!). They're similar people, even if they behave differently, and they understand each others' hurts because they've both been through such terrible things. But then I thought that most of the sexual tension was just fan service, and that they're both het.

But you know... I've learned that love doesn't always fit into neat little categories like "friendship" and "romance". Sometimes you care for someone so deeply, and there's such an understanding between the two of you... even if there's little or no physical attraction, it's something more than friendship. And that's what I think this pairing is.

CLAMP seems to like this kind of thing. I mean, there's a lot of sexuality in their works, but I think it's important that they so often use the term "most important person" rather than "boyfriend/girlfriend" or "lover" or whatever. The sexuality isn't the most important part of the relationship, rather, it's the friendship and understanding between two people that matters.

I guess I kind of think of Fai and Kurogane as soul mates, in that they have a very spiritual connection. I support Kurogane/Princess Tomoyo (sorry!), but I think it's possible to have more than one soul mate. That wouldn't be a stronger or weaker relationship, just a different kind.

Well, anyway, that has nothing to do with this, but I thought I'd throw it in there. I still definitely think Fai and Kurogane have a wonderfully deep bond, and that they should always be together.

Hello, I've never posted here before, but I kind of support this pairing. Kind of.
Hello there Hakajin? 0_0

Anyway, About your post:
You certainly when into alot of depth will that post, Hakajin ^_^ I see what you mean, but it's also very clear that we interprate things in different ways. Kurogane and Fay are intresting characters with an intresting relationship, and a deep bond, however, how you view their relationship depends mostly on how you read the subtext. I guess.

Now then my fellow fangirls, Getting back on topic:

Shipping-wise, were you happy with the end?
Personally, I was, but:
I expected nothing. Tsubasa is'nt really aimed at girls, and I doubt the boys would like my Idea of a shippy ending for the two. What we got was fine. I always wanted to see them do something like that

The great thing about this ship is how they react around each other a different points in the story, that thar is called character development, and it's fun to watch<3

also: how come I feel just fine spazzing out around KF fans, but feel like an idiot when someone who likes a different 'ship shows up..?

KuroFay♥

Last edited:

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
I read the ending last night and it was just what I needed after a long, stressful day XD Closure at last!

More than that, we also got a "new beginning" kind of ending, which are the most comforting of all, because you don't have to feel like it's over.

Yep. Honestly, my expectations weren't too high. Because, like you said, TRC isn't totally aimed at girls. I loved the "'Tis but a flesh-wound" moment and the fact that they're still going to be together.

As for Kurogane/Tomoyo? I mean... it's fine, I guess I understand why people support it, but I never could. Aside from the fact that Kurogane/Fai makes more sense to me, I will always consider Tomoyo in the "child" category and Kurogane in the "adult" category. And I know it's probably not that severe and Tomoyo is older (and flashbacks have me rather confused to her actual age. I always assumed it was around Sakura and Syaoran's) and it's probably lingering CCS that makes me feel this way, but there you go.

PlusTomoyoLovesSakura

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
I don't support KuroTomo because I have always followed the original pairings Clamp originally had in previous series. To me Tomoyo will always love Sakura so I cannot ship her with anyone else. And also KuroFai just makes sense.

read the ending last night and it was just what I needed after a long, stressful day XD Closure at last!

More than that, we also got a "new beginning" kind of ending, which are the most comforting of all, because you don't have to feel like it's over.
Yeah, It was a pretty good ending <3 I'ts not over, It's a new begining*RUNS OFF TO WRITE FANFICTION*

To me Tomoyo will always love Sakura so I cannot ship her with anyone else. And also KuroFai just makes sense.
^ Same. To me Tomoyo is in love with Sakura-chan, plus I kinda feel like Tomoyo doesn't need Kurogane, I mean she's Tomoyo, she doesn't need a tough guy. But thats just how I feel.

ep. Honestly, my expectations weren't too high. Because, like you said, TRC isn't totally aimed at girls. I loved the "'Tis but a flesh-wound" moment and the fact that they're still going to be together.
Yeah, for a while there I thought we were going to get ...nothing so I'm pretty glad.<3 I loved that chapter so much.

So moving on,

Best thing that has ever happend to this ship in the manga

1. Acid Tokyo
2. chap.166
3. chap.167
4. All the kawaiiness in Outo<3

KuroFay♥

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Hello there Hakajin? 0_0

Anyway, About your post:
You certainly when into alot of depth will that post, Hakajin ^_^ I see what you mean, but it's also very clear that we interprate things in different ways. Kurogane and Fay are intresting characters with an intresting relationship, and a deep bond, however, how you view their relationship depends mostly on how you read the subtext. I guess.

Now then my fellow fangirls, Getting back on topic:

Personally, I was, but:
I expected nothing. Tsubasa is'nt really aimed at girls, and I doubt the boys would like my Idea of a shippy ending for the two. What we got was fine. I always wanted to see them do something like that

The great thing about this ship is how they react around each other a different points in the story, that thar is called character development, and it's fun to watch<3

also: how come I feel just fine spazzing out around KF fans, but feel like an idiot when someone who likes a different 'ship shows up..?

KuroFay♥

Heh, well, that's kind of a given. I agree with what you said about character development.

It's kind of funny that Tsubasa was written for guys, though, because it totally seems aimed at girls. Sure, there's lots of action, and the art style's not shojo, but it focuses on romance a lot. And you know all that Kuro/Fai sexual tension was intentional. There seems to be more aimed at girls than guys in this series... Well, CLAMP's popular enough that they can pull something like that off.

Well, here's the thing about the whole Kuro/Tomoyo thing: The Tomoyo in Nihon didn't know Sakura, but she referred to wanting the best for the person she loved. This was when [SPOIL]everyone went to Nihon together, and Tomoyo confessed to Fai that she had given up her powers in exchange for changing their path a bit.[/SPOIL]So I don't think she was talking about Sakura, and the only other person is Kurogane. Of course, that doesn't say that they ended up together, but... well, as far as plausibility. Though I do kind of think CLAMP broke their own rule there, about people being the same everywhere. Unless CCS Tomoyo later gets over Sakura and finds another version of Kuro... I mean, it does seem kind of sad that she should have to be alone for the rest of her life... but then, she probably wouldn't mind... Oh, as far as needing a tough guy, though, that wouldn't be the basis for their relationship. Just that they've been through a lot together. Actually, I think he's relied on her more than she has him, so it's kind of like she's the tough guy of the relationship. Heheh.

Well, in any case... I don't mean to be mean about it, just wanted to point it out. I don't really want to talk about it anymore; don't want to make things too uncomfortable.

You know, even though I like Kuro/Tomoyo romantically, I care much more about Kuro/Fai, in whatever capacity I see it in. Actually, now that I think of it, I can see Fai being interested in Kuro like that... it seems almost like it could be a Tomoyo kind of thing, where he keeps his feelings to himself to make it easier on the other person.

Well, that's just how I see it, of course. I tend to like things like that. The greatest kind of love is the kind that doesn't seek itself. And then, I think it takes a lot of strength of character to be happy with a relationship like that. It's like if you can always have that friendship with that person, it doesn't matter if he feels that way. Well, it matters, but it's not that important. Plus, there's just something wistful and poetic about the whole thing. Heh, I like love stories that are just a little sad .

Er, but I'm not saying my view is canon or anything. That's just the way I interpret it... I thought someone else might think it was interesting.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
I know what you mean, it's like "the person you love and the person who loves you are never the same person".

And yeah, it's kinda whack that Tsubasa is supposedly for guys. KuroFai was definately on purpose.

Anyway, I don't think there's going to be a sequel, personally, and to be honest, even though I love the characters I'm a little relieved. I'm not really into the idea of going through another emotional meat-grinder.

However, I'm totally on board with the characters maybe dropping in on the xxxHOLiC universe (I think it was implied that they might at the end). That's provided of course that Watanuki stops freaking me out.

And yeah, it's kinda whack that Tsubasa is supposedly for guys. KuroFai was definately on purpose.
Yes, XD but CLAMP is CLAMP. =^w^= KuroFay makes me happy.

Anyway, I don't think there's going to be a sequel, personally, and to be honest, even though I love the characters I'm a little relieved. I'm not really into the idea of going through another emotional meat-grinder.
Same here. I'm not ready for another round of angst.

owever, I'm totally on board with the characters maybe dropping in on the xxxHOLiC universe
Yeah, I'm hoping we'll get moar KFness in holic, =D I'm looking forward to it.
I REALLY need to catch on with holic.

Bleh, I would have Really liked a chapter where they just talked, ya know.
Not about the plot or angst, just talking. That would have been great.

Theres still gonna be another Horitsuba thing right? fingers crossed for shippyness!

KuroFay♥

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
I still haven't read any Horitsuba. I'll have to get around to tracking that down.

Even if they don't have any extended appearances in xxxHOLiC, I hope they get cameos or at least a mention. :/ It's just kinda a bummer it's all over, even though I was satisfied with the end.

I still haven't read any Horitsuba. I'll have to get around to tracking that down
Doitdoitdoitdoitdoit. And you shall be forever happy =3

Even if they don't have any extended appearances in xxxHOLiC, I hope they get cameos or at least a mention. :/ It's just kinda a bummer it's all over, even though I was satisfied with the end.
*nods* Plus, this thread is .. kinda dead? Anyway, I'm hoping they show up in holic soon.. I SO want to see them again!!! And shippyness? I hope so/

bah, now I'm just getting my hopes up, witch I DON'T wanna do XP

KuroFay♥

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Yeah, I don't think Clamp considered the future of this thread when they decided to end TRC :/ INCONSIDERATE!

In the meantime, I did a redraw + color of this scene from the manga: it's not major don't get your hopes up!

So here's the finished product. Also I shoved them a little closer together because I can. I intend to use it in a wallpaper eventually.

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah, I don't think Clamp considered the future of this thread when they decided to end TRC :/ INCONSIDERATE!

In the meantime, I did a redraw + color of this scene from the manga: it's not major don't get your hopes up!

So here's the finished product. Also I shoved them a little closer together because I can. I intend to use it in a wallpaper eventually.

I KNOW! UGH. Well, I think we'll see them in Holic and they will get married. :D

and nice work on the color. ;3

I love how everything they're in you can EASILY Photoshop and it just looks so shippy and it doesn't even look unnatural.

Oh CLAMP.

eah, I don't think Clamp considered the future of this thread when they decided to end TRC :/ INCONSIDERATE!
YES! Don't they love us anymore?!!

Also I shoved them a little closer together because I can. I intend to use it in a wallpaper eventually.
Ahaha awesome job! I re-read that part of the manga today (lol strange..)

I KNOW! UGH. Well, I think we'll see them in Holic and they will get married.
Heres hoping XD *waits for something shippy to happen*

Oh CLAMP.
I second that 'Oh CLAMP' XD

kyaa~ such a cute couple X3

KuroFay♥

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
I love how everything they're in you can EASILY Photoshop and it just looks so shippy and it doesn't even look unnatural.

I know! They're easily the most photoshopable couple I have ever photoshopped.

'Cause they're canon. *shot*

I know! They're easily the most photoshopable couple I have ever photoshopped.
I dunno why, but that made me lol XD

But yeah, everything about them seems couple-y. I guess that's why I love them so much hahaha.

That and the teasing flirting thing. And how much they mean to each other.

'Cause they're canon. *shot*
canon canon canon! *shotshotshot*

KuroFay♥

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
They totally are canon. 8)

I swear if we don't see them in xxxholic I'm gonna be pretty damn upset. We need an update on how the Tsubasa crew is doing.

You know, it still hasn't hit me that it's actually over. I still like, wait for new chapters. Then I remember and I'm just like.. Oh.

In a sense I'm glad it's over but... yeah. :/ I need my KuroFai.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
I swear if we don't see them in xxxholic I'm gonna be pretty damn upset. We need an update on how the Tsubasa crew is doing.

I'd like at least a reference to them, even if they're not in an actual story. Something like "Oh, Syaoran and his friends were here last week" or something would just give me a good feeling. Like... I don't know... like they go on...

*My Heart Will Go On plays in the background*

Oh god...

You know, it still hasn't hit me that it's actually over. I still like, wait for new chapters. Then I remember and I'm just like.. Oh.

I'm the same way. I think I'll be even worse when xxxHOLiC ends... whenever that is.

I guess the only way to get a KuroFai fix now is from fanart and fanfiction... but... but... I don't read that much fanfiction! Does this mean I'm going to have to start? o_O;

They totally are canon. 8)
Yup! TOTALLY!

Yeah, I really want to see them again and I really want more shippyness. They're so cute together =/ I'm missing the chapters pretty bad =x

In a sense I'm glad it's over but... yeah. :/ I need my KuroFai.
Sammme. Without my KuroFay fix I'll ...die or something...
I'd like at least a reference to them, even if they're not in an actual story. Something like "Oh, Syaoran and his friends were here last week" or something would just give me a good feeling. Like... I don't know... like they go on...

Agreed! Come on CLAMP! give us SOMETHING!

I guess the only way to get a KuroFai fix now is from fanart and fanfiction... but... but... I don't read that much fanfiction! Does this mean I'm going to have to start? o_O;
I think I've already read most of the stuff on ff.net (LOL there's so much stuff there~! It took me forever...) but some of those fan fics are pretty good.. I think I'll go draw something shippy..

any wayyy I only saw the Tsubasa OVA's the other day but the KuroFay stuff in them is AWESOME XD it made me happy to be alive ;D

what did you guys think when Fay had that talk with yuuko about 'crossing a line'( acid tokyo)
I was like: OMG LOVE CONFESSION!! yeah... thats pretty much what was going through my mind ;D

KUROFAYYY♥

EDIT: OMG OMG ! NEW HORITSUBA!!!! SQUEE *RUNS TO GO LOOK*

Last edited:

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
what did you guys think when Fay had that talk with yuuko about 'crossing a line'( acid tokyo)

I probably would've been a heck of a lot more excited about it if it weren't for all the sad-scary drama going on at the time. But it's definately hugely significant not just to the pairing (say it with me "CANON.") but to the character of Fai.

Man, I've got to get back to rereading Tsubasa. I guess that's my only recourse since it's over and I don't feel like wading through fanfiction (though if anyone has any particularly good ones to recommend I might read 'em).

EDIT: Wowie-kazowie! We got a Tsubasa mention in the latest xxxHOLiC chapter :D

Not much to report, but it's nice that Kurogane got a new arm :p and that they visited Piffle country again.

Status
Not open for further replies.